Tree of Savior Forum

With so many ex-RO players, who are older now, won't ToS become a cash cow?

It all depends on how good the game is and the model of income it chooses.

I will not mind spending some in the game, however if it comes close to any sort of P2W I’ll be out before they notice it.

Hopefully, mature gamers know better than to feed a model wich is nocive in the long run, but then what do I know, people can also be incredible ignorant :expressionless:

2 Likes

So true…

games can make big bucks without poay to win… they just need to determine.
What they want.

Milk whales? Who spend 2k to get the best stuff to beat non payers in pvp for pride.
Or get some small changes from many? Possiblie over a long time and given the facto cometics, might just make more money then an 10 bucks subscirption.

An the thing stronger then hope and fear is … lust/ hunger/ and all the other sins.

I was a little kid back then ^^ now i’m 24.

But yes, i guess that if this game dont make this a p2w garbage like Archage, people will buy every cosmetic item on the market.

Well, as I do agree to your statement the know how to handle money isnt the right way to put it.
Workers of the Colonial Benefiteds Countrys will try to justify their economical position, something near meritocracy. Besides that, felling like contributing to the theme!
Is not an option to expend money or dont, its a forced condition. There is no meaning in cash shops other than improve your experience and enjoyability of the game. So, as i do agree too to the reality of the F2P games you picture, in fact the business model (or the limits of our economical system regarding country boundaries and their economical exploits) tend to kill games, the MMO most, because why would you want to privilege some countries, or some pockets, if this all about more players better, in terms of needed design to match a higher population MMO (wich nowdays tend to be sandbox games, or games about everything).
Point League of Legends for example, the meta game and the design will be best each time the population grows, cause more people will be envolved in the game (wich is a colaborative thought process trought computers, wich is maths, wich is from the same tissue as poetry, right?).
So, other than vanity cash shops items in a MMO wich will have to get the LOL aspect to it, so the competition, if you put the money in it you sure had a less population in the rich countrys and proportional less on the other countrys, the 99% (LOL, jk).
And don´t forget that the avarege price of computers are and tend to fall, even something changes, the number of online people going up on poor countrys tend to be higher than the already heavy-internet ones. You have reach the limit population on games, so money could be extracted direct throught it, i guess that saturation isnt there even on those north countrys (the growing of esports for example).

Depending what company want’s to release the game it can be a P2W, I’m just crossing my fingers that it wouldn’t lead to that… But there a various ways to make this game free and not P2W, For example: Costumes,Hair Dye, Mounts, etc… As long as it doesn’t have anything to do with making your character being OP by special stats with those items u buy from the item mall it is fine, but there are people who wants those things implemented and i believe those people will be bored easily once another person has more money to spend and become OP. It is a dying breed that once MMORPG has have in the past, and it called perseverance through leveling and being good at skill combo’s (PVP) now these days alot of people likes to pay to be OP, I remember back then when u have to hunt for certain items or gears or etc, for a month straight before u get it. The feeling of accomplishing such great feat and the feeling of knowing that people will admire you for the great length u have went through to get such a rare item, too long has it been since those days… But hopefully TOS would be that day where we will relive those moments.

Nope, because most ex-RO players here played on pservers because they didn’t want to spend any money. I can’t speak about the others at large, but I don’t know any of my old RO friends who are going to spend money on cash items. The only time we’d pay for ToS is if it was a game like GW2 where you pay once to own the game.

in gw2 the cash shop was not intuitive at all. I’m assuming in ToS, given the interface should provide a more seamless feel. and besides… you can’t really see the cosmetics in GW2. But in ToS, you can see the cosmetics of everyone given the high overhead view. so as long as the game is acceptable… like how RO was while the IMCgames CEO was there… cosmetics and boosters will easily bring in the cash. Need for p2w is not there I think.

anyway… I’m hyped about the cosmetics… I may be a bit old school but I like to dress up my sprite :smiley:

1 Like

If the cash is mainly for cosmetics, its ok.
Problem is cash for equips!

1 Like

Have they shown what they cash shop is like the korean version?

10 years in RO :smile:
I hope ill get invite to EngCBT2

CEO said he is against pay-2-win. so i think we can quite sure that there will minimal or no proper equipment in the cash shop.

1 Like

I wish…
I miss being a NEET

I miss the time that I can stay up late all night and play and during summer break. :stuck_out_tongue:

Dont we all :slight_smile: 20chars

1 Like

Yeah hahaha well though we have our own money now we don’t have the time to play because of work.

Looking forward for my retirement although I’m just 24 yrs. old bwahaha.

Work. Earn money. Buy exp boosters. Play ToS. Eat. Sleep. Repeat. :smiley:

1 Like

I just hope you won’t be able to sell cash item to other player, that’s one of the worst p2w option possible.

Sir that’s impossible unless they would make all items from the cash shop account bound.

The bad thing is if they will sell OP items via cash shop or item enhancement like adding + to equips or OP amulets or gems etc.

But exp boosters etc cosmetics is good for the game it’s business and the game needs to earn.

you can’t blame the player if he have lots of money IRL and he works all day don’t have the time to farm so to compensate that he will buy exp boosters or etc and sell them to players who farm like hell and no money IRL.

It’s a cycle bro in all MMOs.

Yeap. lets all hope most of the things are account bound (except maybe cosmetics so the people who cant spend money on it can obtain them too :slight_smile: )

Honestly though, if its anything like RO. cosmetics alone can rake in so much money the CEO will retire early xD

1 Like