Tree of Savior Forum

Will Ragnarok discussion be banned in this forum

Given that warportal/gravity inc (company that owned Ragnarok Online title) has banned Tree of Savior discussion in their community, will IMC also ban discussion anything related to their rival company/ies?

I sincerely hope not. Itā€™s alright to be nostalgic about things that we like and enjoy. But I mean come on, ToS is much betta than RO1. Let the joy of ToS surpass the joy of RO1 on this forums, doncha think so?

Why banned if the creator is same? hahaha
I canā€™t see any problem, but, this world is meh.

I think they were more worried about losing players from the ragnarok servers who were getting hyped over ToS since itā€™s newer! ToS is hopefully going to be a much nicer game so I wouldnā€™t think anyone would jump ship to Rag.

well this is not the warp portal forum :black_joker:

@Insone you do know that the creator had infighting while he was in Gravity inc.

2 Likes

They banned ToS discussion? Interestingā€¦

Itā€™s stupid imo. Gravity know ToS will bring their RO player and for that, they want to misinformed RO players (new or old ofc).

Gravity has always had that kind of behavior, I feel pity for them :wink:

@Nagisa technically there have vast long arguments about ToS would fail in regarding expectation that it will be ā€˜true RO2ā€™. In the various ToS fan website, forums, message boards before. Gravity could use that against IMC.

Yeah, but, the ban for Tree of Savior discussion it was in Warp Portal Forums, not by Gravity. hehehe

@Karjalainen Well, I think Gravity will be a pain in the ass as long as ToS will exist and make shade for the Ragnarƶk licence.

I assume this question comes from Warp Portalā€™s censorship of ToS content? Iā€™ve actually worked with Njoror and Zanbee over at WP for over a year and I can understand their reasoning behind it. ToS is a new IP and is an upcoming game that competes with their current title RO2. They censored ToS as a form to not draw comparisons between it and RO2. As far as RO on the ToS forums goes, I canā€™t see how it would be an issue. Hakkyu Kim was behind both RO1 and ToS so comparisons will be drawn between them anyway but not really in a competitive sense. More so of an evolution of RO1 than a rival. At least, thatā€™s the way I look at it.

Had no idea about the deal with the WarpPortal forum, how strangeā€¦

I understand not wanting your community to jump ship to a new IP, but if theyā€™re gonna talk about it, theyā€™ll talk about it.

Most people Iā€™ve run into looking forward to ToS are former RO players, so weā€™re apt to discuss similarities and share old stories from RO since thatā€™s our background and like @Tiduspeco mentioned, itā€™s not in a competitive sense.

Now if someones going around being obnoxious and posting links to RO or promoting servers, then the admins have the right to address as they see fit, but regular discussions should be fair game.

Omg, donā€™t you guys think that RO discussions here will only do better for ToS?
The point is, ToS<->RO relationships are actually one-sided in terms of player migration. So why should IMC be afraid of some players coming to their forums after searching ā€œRagnarokā€ in google? =))

I doubt that happens lol, unlike Gravity did with their forum that banned Tree of Savior related terms to be posted or messaged on any form.

Iā€™ve read all the forum rules, thereā€™s no rule saying that RO discussions or other games discussions are prohibited. Itā€™d be appropriate if we post those discussions on the Off-Topic section though.

I donā€™t even know where the rules of this forum are posted. So messy T_T

I canā€™t see it happening as this game has the absolute opposite situation to Ragnarok.

The people behind Ragnarok Online are banning discussion of this because this game looks like the living, breathing, second coming of Ragnarok Online.

Better graphics, interesting classes, that same charming art style - it really seems like this will be superior to Ragnarok 2 in any instance, so the developers have nothing to fear.

Anyone mentioning Ragnarok will only point out of much this looks like its modern twin and fondly nostalgasm over it while they wait to play the heck out of this game.

On the other hand, every mention of Tree of Savior on the Ragnarok forums is a possible person reading about it, looking at a bit of trailer footage, and leaving Ragnarok 2 for this.

2 Likes

This is the community guidelines. Tbh, I actually found this only after observing the forum for 3-4 hours