Tree of Savior Forum

Will i enjoy this game?

I used to play a game “Secret Of The Solstice” many years ago that i enjoyed but i haven’t been able to find another game like it that captivated me the way that game did. It had Super Nintendo style graphics and animations etc. I’ve been looking at Tree Of Savior “HARD”. Is it worth it? I’m looking for an easy to follow story and not too complicated skill tree. I’m old school and too much thinking, turns me off.

SotS was like a better ragnarok, so yea, you will like this game.

It aint finished tho, the game has a lot of problems, bugs, bad choices.

But you will like it, atleast for a while.

If you play a common class tree, this game is the Pudding Grinder. Taste wine and enjoy the music and empty simple 5 years old bedtime story.

If you choose crazy classes, NO! RIP and delete that character.

I prefer a tanking class and to spend my skill points on strength, dexterity and hit points. Assuming those are related to attack power and defence, hit points etc. If there is some other nonsense skill i need, this game is not for me.

There is a cookie cutter tank class called peltasta that you can just taunt monsters and lure then to a wall and procceed to “C” (guard hotkey)

Tanking in this game have to go full hit points or become almost useless.

You will enjoy it, there are still some issues that needs to be fixed BUT it’s a new Mmorpg, so IMO you will enjoy it, lots of things to explore :smile:

I suggest you go archer for pew pew ez game
follow this guy build, he’s amazing.
Continuing the discussion from iDreamy’s Guide to Scout C3:

I’m really enjoying this game, just started a week ago and i’m having a blast, yet the game does have issues, and the lag is a killer for me.

I think you would enjoy the game (personally I loved it) but in its current state I wouldn’t really recommend it.

For tanking classes you have a lot of ways to go in this game.

^ This would be your at least circle one choice because you can pull aggro easily with swash buckling and get 18% evasion with guardian.

This class starts at Rank 4, usually taken to at least circle 2 because of slithering.

Squire not only gives you some decent utility with arrest but allows you to make some in game money. Not the best for a tank but plenty take a circle of it.

Alternatively you could try being a speed tank. This class from my understanding has some work that needs to be done on it, but most people who play it seem to have a lot of fun.

Usually taken after Cata, but many other combinations too, having a really nice buff and some decent damage.

You can also try being an evasion tank. Rodelero > Fencer is a pretty popular choice.

In between these (well at least the ones with little to no damage), you could take something to give a little more damage. I’ve rarely seen a tank stand there and press C, adding some extra DPS or buffs is helpful.

Really there’s so many choices and right now until Swordsman becomes a little more balanced, tanking is the class branches forced niche.

^ This has a ton of already made builds, my suggestion is pick, compare, do a little research, and make your own.

There’s no way you would enjoy it in its current state. The major FPS drops and the horrendous lag spikes. You’ll literally have to wait 3 seconds after interacting with an object.

I’d say wait a few months and see if its not dead first.

Do you like Ragnarok Online? Do you care for arrow key, mouse, or controller movement? Do you like stat builds? Do you like a TON of classes? Do you like CLASSES WITHIN CLASSES?! Do you like to make your Swordsman different from THAT guy’s swordsman? Do you like to like to Min/Max? Do you care or like minor bugs? Do you like a lot of bosses? Do you like WORLD BOSSES?! Do you like monster cards? Do you like monster cards that have no real usage other that YuGiOh fights or for certain classes? Do you care for trade storage? Do you care for trading? Do you care for the story? Do you care for premium services? Do you like TALT?! Do you like Kepas?! Do you like Arde Daggers?! THEN HAVE WE THE GAME FOR YOU! :grinning: (Sorry I’m about to sleep I’m usually a bit coocoo at night)

Oh and I too also played Secret of the Solstice, but man that was grindy as hell…and I didn’t like the art on the face…their mouths looked weird…like it was attached to their chins…

we dont know who you are… you didnt give enough detail into what you like and dislike… hell i believe if you knew yourself better, and were better at explaining things, you would already know for yourself if you would like this game.

you say things like, im oldschool gamer i dont like to think… Im so ■■■■■■■ puzzled. old school gamers had to think… the new games are the ones that hold your hand…

whats oldschool to you exactly? just you being so many years younger than you are now? i dont get it…

Do you like TALT?!

We’re all a little talty around here. ._.

1 Like