Tree of Savior Forum

Will dragoon replace the tradisional pure tank after rank 8 given 100%melee damage debuff?

After rank 8 the dragoon 2 will have a debuff that increase 100% damage of melee damage , so will it replace pure tank in rank 8 ? Because dragoon can become dps + tank + debuffer for pierce to give a slot for other class in team ?

It depend on how long and how often they can apply it.

Though i doubt thats enough. Considering ele and archer are basically 1600% or 3000% in comparison.

2 Likes

nah, highly doubt it

I’m pretty sure dragoons are already sided more to DPS, pure tanks would be fencers

perhaps now swordsman will stop trying to cozy up to wizards, pure swordsman teams are the way to go.

fencer c3 get x5-x7 damage if crit apply
maybe can burst more than shinobi

With SReiters dealing strike damage and looking even stronger at R8, I think the best tank would probably be Rode.

Lethargy + Slithering + High Kick = +300% strike damage

1 Like

I would bet that Murmillo will be the best tank at R8 (mix of pelta rodel and hoplite).
It will be nice to block spell and upgrade furthermore the strike damage via rodel + Murmillo with a solid base of block rate. It seems that their dps will be nice too.

Murmillo probably be the meta tank. Helmet has finally some nice damage mitigation including magic.

Dragoon can be an off tank debuffer but never a pure one.

Dragoon will be pure damage with a nice ranged spell for PvP. But still mostly PvE/bossing char.

On bosses, he will be able to use only Serpentine damage boost not to buff competition. On everything else… Sw1-High1-Hop2-Cor2-Dragoon2 will do disgusting damage in PvE if crossguard is used.

Btw, I like idea of Rodelero finally being useful with the rise of SReiter. I also find Reiter really good at c8, but I didn’t know he does Strike.

In regards to Murmillo - the sole question is will the Helmet and Jump attacks hard-require shield. Because if not, that will be the natural extension for all the Corsairs/Shinobi out there. Some of my guildmates speculate that Jump may only require wearing Helmet, not shield actually. I hope they are right )

Dragoon at next patch will boost up double to his burst damage due to 100% physical melee damage debuff, with pyro3 , he can use twice double damage stabbing in 6-7 sec, which will make him as the king of burst damage.

These kind of damage amplified is not simply 2 times above , it is 100 times above amplified in different debuff and buff and reduce 25sec cool down on stabbing .

Dragoon stabbing damage = normal stabbing + ( 100% melee damage debuff ) + ( flecther - 100% def ) + ( 100% pierce damage buff ) + ( 100% attribute damage ) + ( 30% boss damage + 50% leather damage) + ( high enhance weapon + weapon maintainace buff ) + ( pyro - 25 sec cool time = double stabbing )

Conclusion is , dragoon max stabbing skill damage ( phy atk + 390 )
can be amplified more than 64 times in rank 7 and 128 times in rank 8 .

I think you mean Chrono3?

But anyway, you shouldn’t be using the High Enhance Weapon, Weapon Maintenance Buff, and Enhance attribute in your calculation since that’s something that applies to everyone, and Pass can be applied to almost everyone. Also, I don’t think Fletchers actually get max level Bodkin, and -100% defense doesn’t mean double damage.

Where is this coming from? Isn’t Spear Lunge only +60%? Would Cross Guard even work against bosses?

spear lunge lvl 8 is 100% chance deal 100% damage amplified . Thx for serious discussion on this topic, because I really hope swordie have some way to prove that they really have dps in certain situation. Swordie is not only tank. ( althought they always be tank for god sake lol )

ya i guess is chrono3 hehe, my bad.

The formula of skill damage is something like :
( physical atk + skill damage ) which mean if your skill damage is low,
the enhance of weapon and maintainace amplify more on ur output damage.
since the skill damage of stabbing is quite low but multiply in 15 hits,
it is some kind of ( physical atk + 390 ) , if enhance high in late game + weapon maintainance will add most probably 200 + for 2 hand spear , which like my catacomb pike + 7, after maintainance is 580( + 0 is 412 ) ,

Although it is not enough double increment, after add on 30% atk in high strenght in late game , 450+ strenght lvl 280 include the high strength critical atk amplified, and dopple minimum 10% atk increment , all add together might reach double damage increment.

Sorry for the miscalculation on weapon enhance , and thx for point it out.

spear lunge scale with level ?
100% ? AFAIK it’s only 50% pierce damage increase

Why not ?

yes it is scale with lvl , lvl 1 is 75% chance deal more 50% damage, and boss has chance to cancel this debuff.
I tried lvl 1 long time ago and now i use skill point reset to set to lvl 5,
and using one hand spear +2 skill lvl cast spear lunge and swap weapon to catacomb pike and cast stabbing, ( forgive me i only got hoplite 2 because i want mount lol ) , the damage output stability has huge different .

1 Like

(I’m not questioning Cross Guard’s ability to block attacks from bosses, just the pierce damage bonus) Doesn’t it require the attacker to get staggered by the block for the pierce bonus? I’m not sure about that and if bosses even get staggered.

In my opinion, dragoon is late game blooming burst dps character,
because of its multiple debuff, and low skill damage, which mean that
after change weapon and up higher lvl by adding strenght, its stabbing
damage output will easily multiply by 2 , ( physical atk + skill damage )
is sort of ( physical atk + 390) * 15 hit , not like other dps class skill damage = 2000 + , they wont receive so much benefit in add strenght and enhance weapon because ( physical atk + 2000 ) formula make their late game output damage limited. unless they + 15 weapon .
Low skill damage stabbing ironically become strongest burst damage skill of dragoon while killing boss.

Thx, I will check this info. Wanted to get rid of Pierce anyway.

UPD. Idk man, dont feel much difference. Hexen Crit on Manticen 15800 each hit… sht, should’ve tried manticen before rerolling.

Also took Long Stride to 5 as it’s gonna be buffed! :3