Tree of Savior Forum

Why Tree of savior still fail? doomed to?

300+ hours i stoped play for around 1 year then i heard about RE:BUILD and want to share experience… + recommend

played now RE:BUILD version , its really nice game system change, especially char status points and class change points for me… game finally going in right direction this game BUT still need more like change like :

Disable / decrease the DAM potions cool down
i mean now after rebuild skil sp went up for like dragoon so much that cant even grind anymore for long … just sucks

delete the feature to buy buffs / enchants / repairs, because it destroy the game meaning of skill usage…
its just annoying that if you want be “normal” strong for battle then you need always take care of buying buffs…

delete the daily quests which becomes not fun after few days but good place to make “easy” money
this one i dont understand what is so nice about it , you play same dam daily quest maps which are most even not nice to look at and just dark / sad / depressing, it just sucks, would be much nicer if daily quests would be to go to some world map and grind monsters for few mins because game world is just super nice compared to ugly daily mission maps and wouldnt feel like routine.

not sure if it is still breakeable / decreasing potential but best would be disable it weapons by upgrading them
but destroying char and then leaving game depressed for is just not fun for (EVERYONE)…

now if want get stronger you need take care of enchant weapon, then repair weapons, buy buffs, buy enchant scrolls for elemental damage, upgrade gems and put in equips which is crazy hard / long to do to get best…,monster cards… and much more before gaming… and all that is just to much

less / simpler would be much better and wouldnt feel like job…
oh and like less EXPLODING WHOLE SCREEN EFFECTS to be able to see what happens… XD

i just want to remind that we have 2019 and grinding forever to build strong char in mmo to feel something important achieved is not so much special like in times when game like RO came out… there are thousands games to be played and missed if stuck by every min something need to do to progress… especially if got so many classes like in TOS…
thats just my opinion for make Tree of Savior Great Again!!! XD

well overall its super nice beautiful game but got/is more like MANAGER, ROUTINE, JOB game, than fun exploring / grinding around the game world with friends sometimes

1 Like

You’re asking for an even more casual MMORPG.

Don’t.

Not everyone is like you and wishes for less mechanics in a game.
ToS is already fairly simple. Some people don’t want to be max-lvl in 2 hours, have their end gear in 5 more hours and be independent from everything else.

If you want to play a MMORPG that spoon-feeds you then take a look at MapleStory 2.

5 Likes

I think the number of players right now after the update is good. We clearly saw on release that this game does not support 50k players at the same, so if this game was a success, I think around 15k of online players at the same time would be a really great number.

But also, I don’t see this game pushing forward than we have at this point, unless there are some drastic changes, which I don’t believe will ever happen. I also think that after the next weeks, players will start to quit again and things will get closer to how it was before the update, perhaps a bit better.

Now for the reasons:

1 - Leveling is too fast. There’s no sense of accomplishment like we had on release after finally getting a rank 6 or rank 7. Players have this mentality that the game only starts at the end-game, but what’s end-game? A bunch of repetitive content? Players should have intermediate and relevant objectives across the journey that would still be usefull on end-game. But for most mmorpgs today, end-game is a start point and most things players get on their journey is discarded. That’s the main reason why mmorpgs have retention problems for a longer period of time and players just want to rush through leveling.

2 - Blessed Shards aquisition is not enough. You need an obscene ammount of shards to Trans 10 a weapon, but players are transcending armors, using shards as currency and it’s a long way to get enough shards for multiple characters, in order to transcende gear that could be replaced later on. As a refinement material, it should be a world drop or at least have a decent drop rate in hunting grounds.

3 - Can’t reset skill points through in-game mechanics. You can get a few skill reset potions from journal and events, but normally you can’t adjust your build based on your playstyle and experience. It’s a waste using a skill reset potion only to fix a few points. Everytime players pick a new class, they are afraid to spend any points, because you can’t know how a skill performs before actually testing it. There are many details like animation, hitbox range, multi-hits that are not specified and sometimes hidden interactions.

They fixed part of the problem with Re:Build. Now players can start to play without the need to plan the entire build (most players would find another game instead of doing this), but players still get confused about skill points distribution and this update did nothing to help with that.

4 - Gold sink mechanics does not guarantee players will continue motivated to play the game. If you add mechanics based on endless grind to keep players farming, that will actually have the contrary effect where players leave the game after reaching a specific milestone, and not the full potential. If you make a longer journey, but a shorter distance to reach the full potential of their character, players than would be more willing to enjoy their fully geared character (through pvp or rank based pve content), or create another character for a different journey and gameplay.

Endless grind will burn out most players very quickly.

When the game was released, the leveling was really good, but after reaching lvl 200+, players discovered that their build choices were bad. Of course most players would stop playing, instead of rerolling to fix an issue was not even their fault.

Later on they decided to make leveling much faster, so players could reroll. Really bad decision because that tries to indirectly fix the issue and creates another problem, instead of actually fixing it.

But today, the main problem with the game is that the progression curve is not linear. It’s fast to level up, so there’s a spike on progression rate, but when you get near to level 380 for the max level equipment, the speed suddenly breaks down and you have to grind a lot with a slow progression rate.

Also, after the Re:Build event ends, I think it’ll be too much slow to get class reset points, specially for lower level players. IMC still wants to force too many permanent choices on players. Even old mmorpgs were more flexible on this subject. Players still have to think too much before playing to not get screwed, and of course this will keep away new players from joining the game.

I really enjoy the current state of the game.

While doing Challenges I really have the feeling like I am fighting monsters. Because they ll deal damage too now. Bosses & Raid Bosses make Damage now. Sure - it is possible to kill them slightly faster overall - But you ll die a lot more if you do not know the boss mecanics.

Also PvP felt much better. I did Gemstone Feud and dozens of TBL Games. It actually makes fun. Normally I hate PvP. The new Class System and overall QoL Changes are great too

Even though. What I do not like are:

• SP Issues. I ve got no problem with Sp Potions. But I prefer Potions with a big impact and 30 Second Cooldown instead of low impact and 15 seconds cooldown. And some SP costs are a little bit too high. Lowering them by about 25-35% would be great. Not too much - otherwise people just spam skills without thinking.

• I also miss a Special Effect Costume Exchange System. Because all players can change their costumes. But Special Effect ones which were bought with TP are not exchangeable so far.

• Regarding the people whining about the Saalus Changes. Saalus is rather fine tbh. When you use a normal equipped char with attributes it works without problems. However, when you use a level 380 alt with 0 attributes and bad equip you will of course notice that it is more difficult. In my opinion you should at least be a little geared for doing Saalus. And it does not even get expensive to do so. In addition I like it that we need to do Saalus as a team now. Soloing is not worth it anymore. And this change is against the people who are abusing Saalus with 70 Runs per day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.