Tree of Savior Forum

Why Orsha should be tagged officially as the Latin America server

Why always “latinamerica”? They’re not the only ones in here y’know. It has to be more like a Brazilian server tbh

I said Orsha should be labeled as the Latin America server, not Brazilian server. I’m not sure if you misread or misunderstood. It should be for all peoples, but would probably be mostly for those in Central America and South America primarily.

It makes sense that Latino servers would end up speaking English instead of a mixture of Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. In the end it’s all about communication.

I think they should, as I said, label the Orsha as being the official Latin America server, and label Klapedia as the English server (not sure what else you’d really call it). Then they could allow People on Orsha to transfer to a new English server when the game launches free-to-play and anyone on the Klapedia to transfer to Orsha.

1 Like

I saw Emberley post that exact message as well. This was taken a few days ago. It’s a shame, but the hate is definitely going both ways. Segregation is definitely the best option at this point.

@maromo

I’m not quite sure I understand your issue here. You also don’t want to share a server with Brazilians or…? I guess I don’t get it.

Hard to post anywhere…when you dont have any Megaphones to do so, in a crowd of HueHues… -_-

Again, I support the idea for obvious reasons. I talked about this [quote=“Vanic, post:1, topic:198566”]
Somewhere along the way, Orsha got unofficially declared the Brazilian server.
[/quote]

I also agreed to you in calling the server now a latin server here

Finally, if with central america you mean Mexico, they wouldn’t play in the latin server because of ping issues. That’s why in reality it’s more of a SA server than a LA one.

I get ashamed when I see brazilians being rude, yes. I didn’t enter a guild yet because a find no one with strict rules. In the same way I don’t like randomly being called a monkey. But there are more BR’s than others spamming, so I usually don’t respond to the shouts.

Again, not having a SA server is a problem, but BR’s are the majority of them by far, and a BR server already helps a lot. But the lack of transfer is the biggest barrier.

This is their latest update:

I can record for 14 hours straight and I can guarantee you there will be more spew coming from BR players then English players, on population density alone.

And two lines of text. Nice…I have a wall of CAPS CAPS CAPS buddy, English people have been taught from an early age that typing in caps is rude and only stupid people still do it…

Split the servers so we can be done. They’ve already started invading other games; playing FPS games with 600 ping like it’s something fun to do…

@Vanic The better label would be “SA” : “South America”. Z8Games did the same thing…

…except the BRs on the NA server didn’t want to leave and get stuck playing with their own people, even though they called us hackers for having minimum ping on our NA (Toronto) server. Losers.

Central , North, and South America are so oddly defined. Central America is technically part of North America, though very few people would actually consider it so.

Mexicans would probably want to play on the North American server, I agree. The only two groups that really can’t seem to get along are Brazilians and Americans really, and its both their faults equally.

Can you post the company website (if you can find it)?

http://levelupgames.uol.com.br/levelup/

1 Like

I’ve been putting tickets in to be transferred for the last 10 days. Good luck.

Tagging it a SA server still isnt going to fix the problem. Its all the english american speakers on the server that are suffering and changing the name wont transfer us away from it.

You literally made a thread about how you quit, or are you just begging for attention?

@Ice_raptor did you even read my post? Go read the part about transfers.

2 Likes

br deserves their server aside from the rest of South America, PLEASE.

They are getting their own server via level up games.

thank god ヽ(๏∀๏ )ノ

/20charchar

Indeed. That will help a lot of problems, but it still does not eliminate the current issues.

1 Like

Correct. And Exclusive access players have to decide on whether they want to ditch their EA items or not.

Hi, i would like to point that even if Orsha get officialy tagged as latin america server just because most of the player population are brazilian its wrong, should be tagged as portuguese server.

Dont get me wrong, but i speak spanish since im from Mexico, and portuguese its really different from spanish, despite it have some similar words in spanish they are just a few and its really hard to communicate with them, just like the other day in Novaha institute, a portuguese player were having trouble with a quest because he dont speak english neither spanish, to help to do the quest was pretty hard, because i cant tell him how to do it in any way.

If Orsha get tagged as latin america server just because brazilians i would like also to have a transfer, i understand english and somewhat i speak it, but at least i could communicate with other players that talk english and understand them, but portuguese is hard to understand even for us who speak spanish and would prefeer to wait for a true latin american server rather to play a portuguese under the name “latin america” wrongly.

Nothing agaisnt Brazilian players, i have met a lot good ones (yesterday talked with one pretty nice guy) but i honestly dont want to struggle in a server trying to understand them or communicate with them

3 Likes

It’s less of a language issue and more of a bigotry issue. Look at your English as an example. You are fluent. I’m borderline fluent in Spanish, and I agree that (Brazilian) Portuguese is a VERY different language. However a lot, and I would argue most, players here speak English. Even if they don’t, it’s rarely a huge issue. It’s the blatant hatred between the 2 groups that is a real problem.

Also, no one is saying you couldn’t transfer to the English server if you wanted to. HOWEVER, if you start spamming in Portuguese in the English world chat (or vice versa), expect people to be mad at you, and rightfully so. One server would be dedicated to one region, and the other to the other. It would eliminate a lot of stupid arguments and hatred. That’s the major goal here.

The Latin American server would probably end up being a primarily English based server too ironically. The real issue is just the racism and xenophobia between the two groups. It has very little to do with language. That is more just an added bonus.

Once LevelUpGames releases their Brazilian version, I would argue that there might even be more non-Brazilian Latin Americans on the Latin American Steam Servers than Brazilians themselves. That would be hard to prove currently though, and is just a guess.

1 Like