Tree of Savior Forum

Why not put hackapell in the scout tree

No seriously.
Scout also has sword as its mainhand and it uses pistols.

Isnt that far more appropriate than making hackapelle melee only?

1 Like

tbh i feel like it could have been in both swordman and scout trees at this point

I have never player the sword tree before but since they moved hacka i guess i’ll have to
But looking at the other classes and trying to make a build… everything feels wrong xD

Wish i could pick Hacka - Hacka - Hacka xD

I guess the simple reason was that the Scout tree could absorb so many classes due to it being an lawless stealthy type character that supports. But removing so much from all other trees would look strange as well as it would be to move all support and shop classes to Scout, thus putting all other 3 trees into damage, Heal/Damage and Damage.
Alchemist, Appraiser and stuff could work as well in the Scout tree.
But I understand what you mean. Maybe they move it over once they have a new class for Swordsman.
Archer already is pretty gutted right now… .

Well, Highlander has a lot of skills that are usable as far as I have seen. Will depend on what state the weapon requirements will be at the end of the Ktest period. Of course the mounted classes but then you have to switch weapon, which means they need to find a solution for that.
You could do a mobile tank and take some buffs from Doppel, Barb, Hoplite. Most Highlander skills work and shield related skills work as well on a mount and you could even go for a fast tanky build that bases its damage on the shield and uses a fun weapon or lower one if the Hacka shields aren’t as important damage wise.

Biggest Skill selection would be Hacka - Highlander - Rodelero.
Other classes give interesting buffs like Warcry from Barb, Deads of Valor from Doppel or some stuff from Hoplite.

Honestly, they can easily fix the problem with opening up other skills to mounted combat, like from Retarius with the net and stuff. Could be really good in PvP.

Guess the image my class choices give are a fast cavalry unit that rushes across the battlefield and picks off targets. Skyliner and Mulliet net are still good aoes from Highlander, it has a debuff and the first skill should still knock up the enemy. Sadly the Bleeding skill isnt usable while mounting. Rodelero gives you attacks based on shields and some defensive options.
Highlander for the cheap, decent damage Filler (1 Skyliner costs 52 SP and does 440%)
Hacka for the mounted middle, good damage Skills
Rodelero for the high %, high cost skills with a shield

So the picture is a traditional knight with Sword and Shield on its trusty stead. =P
Quite a lot of skills and you could exchange 1 of the 2 classes for buff classes with different reasons (mount buffs, damage buffs, defensive buffs, etc. ). There are a lot of options depending on how you want to fight, Warcry, Frenzy, Deads of Valor are the ones I can mention of the top of my head.

Sidenote: All Highlander (Barbarian as well it seems) Skills are usable with all weapons, which makes it a nice class to start out and get a feel as every weapon later on works and only 3 skills are not usable mounted.

1 Like

As far as common existing builds choices go.
Both Hacka- Rogue and Hacka- SR would’ve continued with Scout.
It seems peculiar to uproot Squire from Sword when they could’ve left it (or taken it out as they already have) when Hacka fits existing scout choices already.

They already put in work making Rogue skills work with Hackapelle and then they go and scratch it lol.
Its background is a sword and Pistol cavalry unit but they separate it from the pistol classes :o.

Very odd.

1 Like

I just gave an example what could work. I am not going to try to justify why the developers did what as I have a lot of things I would change that I find baffling to believe no developer saw yet. =P
But I get the argumentation of you two, but I can’t change anything. Just wanted to offer a build that could be fun to play and I personally would enjoy playing with how the class changed. The style is different due to the different weapons, but being an old school knight can be cool.

1 Like

Second that. Please make Hacka a Scout.
I could main Hacka + Corsair + Schwarze Reiter

Hopefully they would balance the damage numbers. =P

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.