Tree of Savior Forum

Why is the game so painfully easy?

Seriously, what is up with the difficulty? There is 0 challenge to this game right now. What is the point of moving forward if there essentially zero chance enemies (even in large groups) will do any significant damage. Field enemies are a joke, bosses are even worse.

Is this something that is to be resolved? Is there a big update planned that would make the game a bit more challenging? Give some reason for being in a party and having a healer? I am still early on mind you, but my friends and I are not really seeing the point of going further.

4 Likes

The games difficulty will increase the further you get, with some content being moderately challenging depending on your gear and class, but currently in general, the game is too easy.

It does look like IMC will be reassessing content in the future, but the details and timeline are unknown.

What level are you and your pals? The game’s story difficulty is really easy for sure, but it racks up in difficulty in hunting grounds and dungeons. There is also an end-game dungeon called Earth Tower, where the toughest mobs gather and only the well prepared and geared characters can clear it properly.

I feel like the only real “challenge” right now is ET, other than that is a cakewalk, all you need is a cleric and you’re good to go for any dun, hunted ground, open field of your liking (even sometimes not even needed depending of the gear of the other dudes).

Thats the problem.
This game is like a reverse sandbox where ET is the only place that you can actually feel like playing a game.

I mean, look at RO. Every single place will have smooth curve of challenge, I mean real tactical challenge from combat modifier, not annoyance in form of knockback, attificial waiting time etc. RO’s ET is essentially consolidated technical challenge of fighting wide range of bosses and it work and reward damn well.
the only unacceptable challenge in RO for me is their unforgiving anvil system.

9 Likes

Sadly the general PvE has become so diluted because of the feedback and outcry IMC received. Things like requiring XXX gear to clear XXX maps to obtain XXX materials to craft XXX2 gear to clear more XXX2 content is a thing of the past now.

Yeah the knockback is stupid

2 Likes

R8 maps were hard and required a party to clear when first released
There were quest parties back then
Then forum cried because they cant clear the maps solo in a â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  mmorpg
my only problem back then was the high mdef of r8 mobs

You will enjoy the time when a single mob one hit you at 10k dmg and there are tons of them in the map in the past. I bet you can not survive more than 5 sec without a healer at that time.

1 Like

It would be nice if they created a random tower climb that challenges teams/players to climb.
Random as in random mob typing/bosses/puzzles to solve with a weekly/monthly leaderboard foe more p2p competition
instead of killing each other in PvP.

Random generated maps/challenge would be a nice thing to have. Random generated gear from Hunting ground would
also be welcomed… Something in similar fashion to Monster Hunter’s Relic weapon/Armour System and Path of Exile’s map system. Players challege maps with random mods, say extra 50% damage taken , 60% increase monster count, Mobs are resistant to crit. In exchange players get increased exp or drops. Right now the only random thing implemented in tos is only gacha, enchant scrolls and awakening. Please give more random-related content

This would encourage ppl to spend their end game rolling for rare gear with unique rolls instead of farming for the same piece of equipment everybody in the entire server strife for.

because all mob can’t freeze cc (anythings) , can’t deal 10k dmg and no DPK problem.

(and they have 800% skill factor too lol)

if you knew the past R8 before balance (before skills balance) , this game isn’t that ez.

• swordie can’t attack ghost mob well and deal less dmg due to armor type.

• farm mat is hard , if you are not range or have like 3k mdef.

• No instant clear dungeon and no token multiply.

• Some et pt fixed like Diev+Krivis for meltis combo

Nowadays? I got 3 digit dmg and can one shot every mob. :laughing:

PS: Im missing threads about “END of Magicka” or something like please remove mdef :wink:

W8 for new TBL and GvG - you can save your tears for that aspects of the game.
And PvE should be easy in grind games. And ToS is a grind game.

RO’s ET is essentially consolidated technical challenge of fighting wide range of bosses and it work and reward damn well.

Maybe it was somewhat challenging for newbies or undergeared people, but when ET patch was introduced, we cleared it in one and very first shot. It was just the matter of items. Got geared party with couple of GTB in your guild - poop on every and any PvE aspect in RO.

And speaking about current WB - I still see piles of bodies on Mithris. People with trans10 items drops like a fly. It’s more about players being bad rather than bosses being strong, but still - there are monsters in ToS who can kick your ass (kinda).

Because monster and boss AI is terrible. Monsters do not mob unless provoked when they should be charging at the player as soon as they see them. Boss skills are clunky and doesn’t hit often.

3 Likes

yea! we need more knockback.

Thats what i mean. Unlike ToS, RO’s ET is not necessarily the ultimate (and the only) challenge in the end game. Its doable without decent gears and cards, just matter how fast you can crunch through 99 floors. There are always a way to pull trough each bosses with teamwork (ok honestly its just sura sura and sura),or just get a shortcut with GTB as you did.
You can barely pass ToS’s 5f (which is, to oversimplify, 30f equivalent of RO)without high end gears (I blame it on small party size limit though).
In RO, you can actually die in field. In after-patch ToS, if you die in field, you better just uninstall this game and play Mario.

The end game in RO is nicely focused around god items to fuel guild war with its ever convoluted process to obtain one through series of seal quest (we all hate that mjolnir quest guy. fuck Sudri).

In ToS, ET is everything.

People overreacted.
And getting one shot ? That means you got close to no CON and bad armor. Yeah, it makes sense someone cannot solo like that. People went mostly full DPS then whined they couldn’t do anything.
Mobs’ HP and defense were way too high, and their damages might have been a bit too high sometimes (especially magical mobs I guess, since you cannot dodge or block the hits), but except that R8 content could be done solo/duo depending on the classes. And no, I don’t mean that only clerics could solo it. There were wizards/archers soloing R8 maps, but they did need CC.
But IMC went from one extreme to another extreme. It went from difficult/too harsh for simple PvE content to so easy any non-DPS class can do it fast and easily.

I still believe though that most people were just whiners and simply bad at the game. I saw full parties die at the double centaurs (one even had a Diev 3-PD2… How do you die with invincibility, good DPS, and the best healing skill ? I bet they simply rushed and weren’t careful).
Also, complaining “I can’t solo !” when it’s an MMO was seriously dumb. “I don’t want to party ! I want to play alone !” … then why do you play an MMORPG ? There are so many better solo RPGs out there… And if you want to solo a game meant for players to play together, then you take a class that can solo. You don’t pick a full INT elelock or whatever.

I was in ET only one time - already have almost full solmiki set. ET is for people who don’t have time / don’t know how to farm silver you need to buy ET stuff. Or just for people who like ET mechanics - I found it amusing for couple of runs, but not for everyday slavery. So ET is definetely not everything in ToS. I don’t know if there is something in ToS you can even name to be everything. Maybe more characters.

2 Likes

This game not easly , this game is totally hrse shi-t…İf u want to play PvE make a swordie…Fuckn KB dont let you play with other chars.

1 Like

It triggers me when RO gets mentioned in ToS.

Wide variety of boss?

Bio labs MVPs can be killed with 2 people (3 if Sniper Cecil), Valkyrie Randgris/Ifrit/WSM can be solo’d with Champ, Beelze (havent tried), GDB can be reflect’d/kaite’d .

Whereas the superior bosses in ToS requires a handful of parties to take down.

Haha yeah, when I was logging in before I stopped playing to hunt some Kugheri Lyonies, I was quickly checking the net and started reading some manga chapter afterwards. Then after around 15 minutes later I remembered that I was ingame and on a map with aggressive monsters that drops cards and shards if I die, but to my surprise I was still alive (down to ~7k HP of 50k) although 5 Lyonies swarmed me and supposedly tried to kill my character that has less than 1,5k defence…

If 5 supposedly highleveled monsters take 20 minutes to kill a character with low defence even pre-defence boost patch, you know that the game is basically a walk in the park once you got the real gear.

Since Rw bosses in ro are a joke beside maybe bio3/4 mvps you can clean everything solo.
Its not even hard to clean et solo with a genetic.

In tos Fieldmobbs are way to easy and the lower duns are a joke.
Its no fun if the final boss in the dun dies after 2-3 skills.
Or in lower duns before you even reach him.

I liked the r8 content before if you wasn´t carefully you could even die in lower duns !
Almost impossible now and thats realy sad :confused: