Tree of Savior Forum

Why is the game so painfully easy?

in the later dungeons like the tehvrin cavern and storage ect, the monsters are hard. and lets be honest, with like 10 monsters per sm i ouldnt want each of them to be hard to kill

Did you hear about BIOLABS 3 Room in RO old times, when there was only transclasses and get a trans 99 was an epic task?

The camera bug that appeared 6 months ago makes the game harder like in the tevhrin cave where the ceiling hides monsters xD.

I love it when people compare a game which has been out for a little more than 1 year to a game which has been out for 15.

Really puts things into perspective.

ROā€™s difficulty at release was not linear at all, or very visible. I think if you thought about it long and hard you would find that the difficulty of these games is very similar when RO was the same age as this one. People complained for the entire first year of TOS that it was too hard, no one wanted to have to quest in groups, which was mandatory for a good part of rank 8 content. There was also one mob per map from what, 150 on that was a gigantic ā€˜ā– ā– ā– ā–  youā€™ mob. They made everything easier and here you are, concerned that it is too easy. Itā€™s very hard to find a balance that will make people happy.

So how do you make leveling linear while not screwing over the changes which made grinding for items at max level less cancerous? Nerfing pardoner blessing hurts the latter, unless it scaled with levels. I dunno how I feel about that. Maybe if they did that they would remove the hit count from it, I think Iā€™d like that better. Elites arenā€™t particularly threatening, but maybe in addition to them and field bosses, there is a boss version of the monsters on a map, one per map, with like a 10-15 minute respawn timer, or something like that, which is much harder. Maybe it could drop the low drop-rate items at a higher rate. I dunno, suggestions are key if you actually want to help IMC out here and not just mindlessly complain that this isnā€™t RO.

1 Like

Iro realy?
euRO got the 3rd place in rwc years ago ā€¦ did iro win only 1 match?

I donā€™t know why donā€™t they just allow players to chose from normal, hard, very hard, extreme like the majority of games?

Congrats, IMC just announced Hard mode for ET.

What boss fights are you talking about? Thereā€™s no ā€œabuseā€ and thereā€™s always a penalty for using these ā€œinvincibilityā€ skills.
Are you referring to Hellā€™s Judgement? Or Earthquake? Both of those can be avoided without "insane gear."
You must have played on a bad server, lol.
Youā€™re complaining about % modifiers? You must be from pre-renewal.
Sounds to me like youā€™re just bad at PvP and you blame others for that.

Compared to ToS, all you do is tank and spam skills. No boss fight requires specific classes. While people think ET requires a ā€œwell rounded party,ā€ with some coordination of classes, it doesnā€™t. At least in RO, you need some sort of a tank(and thereā€™s a variety of choices, such as Warlock, RG, and even SN), support, and DPS. Thereā€™s no coordination in boss fights in ToSā€“but if you step out of formation for a boss fight in RO, that could cause multiple deaths.

Are you sure you even played RO at all? Or were you just afk in Prontera for 10 yearsā€¦

Waah the game is too hard just like dark soul, IMC pleaseā€¦ Oi IMC the game is so easy right now, do something about this please. Wait what?

I remember when r8 came out, many people on the forum were raging that the monsters were too hard lol. Would love to see harder content and more interesting AI to go with it.

Might be interesting to revamp the bosses to have different AI based on current boss HP.

1 Like

Im talking about the status. Nothing to do with how good the players are.

If you want to compare something, it has to be the ā€˜purestā€™ as it get.
We are comparing it with ToS which is directly run by IMC.
Meanwhile, iRO/kRO is directly run by Gravity or its US subsidiary Gravity Interactive/warpportal.
And obviously being an official server its all x1, no overgenerous ā– ā– ā– ā–  because ā€˜noob players find it too hardā€™, strictly controlled game content (anyone played iro knows how the game is highly restricted to follow kRO).

From us N@zis at iRO perspective, euRO is just yet another subhuman ā€˜server out there that happen to be compatible with iROā€™.

No, it sounds more like i was in one of the strongest guilds in the game and that iā€™ve played that game for 10+ years.
Safety wall and Land Protector ARE invincibility skills.
The bosses had retarded mechanics where they did basically nothing but oneshot you if you hadnā€™t the skills over here ^ or some other ā– ā– ā– ā–  like pneuma or whatever.
Basically every boss became soloable if strong enough only when third classes came. Prior to that you used to build an alchemist to oneshot some of the bosses or a monk if you were totally retarded.

Btw, denying the fact that you get killed in 2 maximum 3 hits in pvp, and that the only way to survive is either macroing potions or destroying your fingers on a potion hotkey just shows how much youā€™ve played that game.
Do i have to rememeber you how WoE works too? You call the biggest group of people you can and spam spells in the corridors for 2 hours hoping no one will pass.
Someone is trying to make a god item? Letā€™s grief him by talking to the NPC to void the quest AFTER HE DID ALL THE REST.

% Cards into 4 slotted were cancer and the game remained like that for 7 years, now you use the same exact cards, but new weapons instead of 4 slotted memes, big deal.

Compared to ToS, all you did pre-renewal was spamming basic attacks with a stack of people and invulnerability spells on you. Basically all strong bosses required you priest and sage. You needed no tank in ragnarok as there was no aggro, you could simply have your SINX tank whilst healing him.
There are no supports, everyone outside a priest is a damage dealer or a burden.
Thereā€™s no coordination in boss fights in RO, apart from abusing the mechanics/skills to be invincible, itā€™s not like you can dodge earthquake by moving outside a square lol.

Are YOU sure you even played RO at all? :wink:

You must not have been to Tehvrin Cave and other high level field dungeons since the last big combat patch. They made the mobs there glass as ā– ā– ā– ā– . The only tanky mobs now are in hunting grounds.

2 Likes

Of course. Iā€™ve played RO for 13 years since launch in 2002. Leveling to 99 was an epic tasks for those, who lacked game knowledge and good guildmates.

1 Like

Lol,you were playing for 10+ years and even participated in WoE but you didnā€™t know that there was the /quickspell2 option to spam potions via turning the mousewheel? Oo

Spamming potions via mousewheel made it never a hassle to pot. Also, builds with VIT and demihuman reduction never died in 2-3 hits, that applied only to Acid Demonstration and Guillotine Fist/Asura Strike (whatever name you prefer), since most skills required a really high upgraded and carded weapon to boost your damage enough to nuke someone.

Real oneshotting came with the increasing frequency of godlike item creation and the renewal update/3rd Classes, where Ā± every new Jobclass got an option/setting of items that can be used to oneshot others.

And lets not forget that RO had elemental armor and elemental reduction cards to make tactical survival even easier(as Ghostring card e.g. could negate most of Acid Demonstrations and Guillotine Fists damage [-75%]).

There was also Ganbantein added to some bosses skill reservoir to remove said skills.
In contrast to TOS, those skills required gemstones to cast them, which made spamming them a costly practice.

Still, I believe that prerenewal RO was alot harder for the majority of players than TOS is now. You generally never really hunted monsters close to your level, because they were too strong most of the time ā€” some Jobs like Mage or Archer had a range/trap/knockback/Firewall/Stone Curse/Frost Diver advantage that allowed them to hunt monsters that were even higher than their own levels, but that was Ā± the exception of the norm.

In TOS, you collect 1 basic set of 315 rare HG armor and youā€™re basically at the same level as a high defence,high upgraded & race resistance carded player of pre-renewal RO in terms of survivability.

1 Like

Wait what?
Iro if Full of IRO only stuff even quests ect.
Iro is the most p2w/modified server from all.

Beside that its full of bots and i even hear you got a mvp spawner and pseudo mvp cards.

Every not p-server is closer to the original.

My point is about MVP-ing in RO and comparing against bossing in ToS.

If boss AI on iRO/kRO and all other servers are different, then my statement is invalid, but if theyā€™re the same, my argument is still ā€œworth talking aboutā€.

VR/WSM/Ifrit just had to lure into portalā€¦bring in a tankā€¦safety wallā€¦lex + asuraā€¦itā€™s over before you know it. If client allows multi-clienting, you can do it aloneā€¦with bragi + service on the other side of portal.

GDB just spam reflect shieldā€¦

Bio3 Mvps just ledge it and itā€™s over.

P.S. Iā€™ve only pre-renewal

1 Like

the last tine ive played was a couple weeks ago. And when you pull alot of monsters at once it can be hard to kill them. atleast with my build it was hard.

1 Like

Oh, btw. STOP comparing ToS to RO. Itā€™s completely different types of games. Want to compare to smth - compare to Diablo 3 or PoE.

Getting late game op gear and weapons +15/+25 painfully easy? dafuq u smoking bro? i want some too