Tree of Savior Forum

Why is Rank 9 taking so long?

Yes, likely won’t release rank 9 according to IMC staff.

1 Like

Sorry, but this is not cancer, this is the right thing to do. They have money, they just don’t wanna spent with us. Translation its a job, a valuable one, and has to be paid for that.

4 Likes

ha yeah its players fault for not doing the work themselves while IMC pocket all the profits

even if they’re having a bad time making money from the game, they should be able to pay ppl to translate it, tons of companies around the world doing that job to any kind of games/apps.

2 Likes

Corporations only exist to make money, doing free work for them is the most naive stupid dumb thing one can do .

2 Likes

No the only cancer here is IMC leeching the life out of everyone’s pocket (who’s dumb enough to support this game) with their incompetence.

1 Like

As long as you buy a token no matter with silver or not, you are supporting imc. Because someone else is buying that token for you. So i guess everyone who is playing this game is dumb including me.

1 Like

R9 2018. Then monster hunter world will come. ofcourse bye bye tos.

4 Likes

What is cancer is the number of people who do real work for free (whether it’s to help translate TOS or other things with other companies, like entering a “conquest” to make a new logo/cover/whatever). They are exploited yet everybody says it’s “fine”.

3 Likes

There is nothing exploitative about it though.

Do you people seriously believe that a tiny company, or hell, let’s go there, even a big corporation is just a bottomless pit of money and profits?

I was under the impression that most of the people playing this game, given its similarities to RO, would be at least 30 years old. Have most of you never actually worked a day in your lives?

2 Likes

Nobody cares how big or small the company is. If they cannot provide a competitive product or service they don’t deserve to exist.

Its not cancer, but it kind of is a joke that a gaming business is asking its community to help with translation for free, interpretation and/or translation are actually a fair paid serious career. I don’t normally care much about what IMC does but I was quite shocked to see the thread when they posted it.

5 Likes

Rofl this is why people are disgusted. Why should we do paid work for free? Only naive idiots get fooled into doing free work for corporate.

2 Likes

You 12 or something? Do you know how precious time is for a working adult? We spend most of our days working and now you complain people don’t donate their work to a for-profit corporation for free?

Nothing exploitative huh? Why don’t you decline your salary? Your employer greatly appreciates it. Unless you own a business, that would explain why you think people should work for free

4 Likes

Can’t IMC give us the patch untranslated/half translated and do the rest in a follow up patch?
I played a chinese mmo recently that was released in the west and loads of the text was untranslated at launch, they slowly fixed up the missing translations over time.

http://steamcharts.com/app/372000

why the hell should they release rank 9 so soon when the playerbase is dying? they should be focusing on jtos with 30-50x more players and let this version die no offense (considering they seem to have given up or hardly care to interact with the community.

1 Like

Unpaid internship or voluntary position made up corporation is the modern day slavery. I know you want rank 9 to come out for your convenience. But by doing it for free you are taking away work from the translator who probably has a family to feed.

1 Like

Do you go to work everyday and demand your boss not to pay you ?

1 Like

The servers can’t even stay online for rank 8, let alone whatever plans they have for rank 9. I’m preparing for at (least) 1 week of servers being offline from whatever bugs they inject with rank 9.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.