Tree of Savior Forum

Why is Rank 9 taking so long?

Don’t the Koreans have it already? Are you guys STILL translating stuff? Is there a rule where iTos is always behind because you want to privilege jTos and kTos?

jTOS will get it first because it has a publisher (Nexon). iTOS is self-published by IMC in Steam, so our region isn’t a top priority, unfortunately.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see the patch hit when the monster tamer event ends in a month.

Or probably around December, more or less before Christmas holidays.

That’s what I hope. R9 in iTOS in the December 19th patch.

1 Like

Believe me, im IMC Staff. R9 will release in dec 19!

Jokes aside, im not staff. But im pretty sure it will release in dec 19 because of ending monster tamer event. If you look the translation github, it has few translated, and most of them still in korean. Perhaps contributors already submitted the translations and the translations are being reviewed internally by staffs, so it would be updated periodically in the github.

1 Like

There’s a lot of translation to do. They asked for help and no one contributed anything, so expect it to take a while.

its hard to find native speaker. and google translation from korean to english is bad :frowning:

Does the Rank 9 update include the ‘intense class rebalance’ and the new dungeon reward system, or are these different patches altogether?

translated some lines and submitted it. Received the message it was already being worked on and had been done. Should be someone else already working on it.

1 Like

There’s only one pull request for rank 9 content on the github, and they moved the old file out a while ago. If it took too long to contribute anything then yeah, they already moved on. They can’t just sit around.

1 Like

Finding a decent native KO->EN to work in CAT-tool isn’t even that hard, but they usually charge for their services, and their rates are usually higher.

Translating their meaningless quest stuff into EN is also rather boring, so asking to translate it for free is just a sign of low budget.

But whatever, no one even reads the stuff, I am very certain the person who checks the translations that are submitted is a CM, and CMs in this company are worthless (just look at the wording in every announcement ever), so…

8 Likes

I just used a pm to send it. I don’t understand that kitten computer site. A player was already translating the parts I did. If it is finished before the deadline there should be a possibility for me to proofread.

1 Like

You are getting it wrong. iTOS is a guinea pig for testing new patches/events outside of kTOS. Some stuff may stop working when localized, I guess.

The last patch jTOS had was the card system/adventure journal update and it came there 1 month after iTOS.

Also, there was no PvP in the halloween event.

even though its explanation had been translated and it was present when you step near the scarecrow for the first time.

Probably removed due to a severe s̶h̶i̶t̶s̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ feedback. (from kTOS, I guess) We had a Fedimian defence instead.

1 Like

Wow the Japanese gets the best treatment rofl

that’s very true, the amount of white knighting and Leticia buying in ITOS never diminished despite constant mistreatment from IMC. ITOS community deserved everything they got.

With R9 ;

-BUGS
-BUGS
-BUGS
-Server crash
-More BUG
-More Server crash
-+16-30 more endgame weapon in 1 month after patch release.
-More glitchs
-More hacks
-Much More Bugs.
-Mecha Support Answers
-Ghost towns
-20+ min LF player status on events.
-More bugs
-More hack
-More server crash

Nothing changed at last yeas.

7 Likes

That’s why our attributes were broken weeks before kTest xD

@ReportofAusterity
Regarding to the attributes issue have been resolved through 11/22 maintenance.
If you still have same issue, please let us know that. :sad:

@Pokart
Really we also hope to bring these improvements with R9 to you as soon as Dev team are ready.
I will update you once again improvements become available through an official announcement. :sad::sad:

7 Likes

I bet all the 350-360 maps and questlines are fully translated since it was content released 2 months before rank 9, why did you decide to put rank 9 and 360 level cap at the same time at iTOS though unlike what happened in kTOS?

1 Like