Tree of Savior Forum

Why is ppl quitting ToS?

Maybe they can make weapon with good stats less difficult to acquire, and focus on game play. People are not switching as you don’t want old weapons to be useless and got massively dump away, while new weapons are no where near the invested old weapons. Clearly people are still using Velcoffer set, which is a result of IMC tanking for content, and they thought content/arts instead of game play/excitement being the value for gamers.

Instead of adding new level gaps, they should add new kinds of weapons but not on “legendary” and beyond bullshit levels, it was ok when we had the game set at unique at first, people was more diverse on their equipment, maybe what we need are more unique weapons like that which require farming items on the world that help on diverse builds with special and unique effects. Too bad we have that bullshit of transfering stats to an op weapon to kill any chance of balancing (like amazing effects weapon with regular damage and so)

3 Likes

Today i was struck with a sad realization and as such i’d like to share my own experience since it is right at this subject (and i don’t want to spam on forum).

I’ve been following ToS before the first CBT, i’ve been playing ToS with almost perfect attendance since release, it is a game which i fell in love and still appreciate to this day but… i don’t feel anything about it anymore. About a week and a half ago a couple of friends told me to try this other MMO (which i won’t name), it has a completely different focus and the only remarkable element it shares with ToS is the ability to play with several classes. In this short time i didn’t even reach the 10% of character progression and even when i needed hours to get to the next milestone (skill, item or even an RNG drop) it didn’t felt bad nor boring.

This itself wasn’t a big deal, after all new things can be exciting for sole fact of being new. What really got me was the fact that this 10% i’ve experienced made me feel like accomplishing big feats that when seen at the macro scale are laughable, yet it is feels like more than i got for playing ToS for 3 years. It hit me even harder when i realized that i had no real interesting fun story to talk about relate to ToS, which i had plenty in the previous MMO i played (which many migrated from) and also have some in this other one that i just got into.

At last, this other MMO was clear from start that i’d be punished if i ever screw it up (to the point i can lose all the items my character is carrying) but instead of being a major issue, it makes it more fun since the game is designed in a way it feels like it will tap you in the back and say “it’s ok buddy, get yourself back together and try it again”. The game asked me to not only improve my character but also improve myself as a player, that even if i were in safe of over prepared i couldn’t just be careless, that was the final blow i needed.

Today i’m leaving ToS, perhaps come back in a distant future if a significant part of the issues ever gets fixed. It feels surreal to have a played only 45h in a game that has less classes, less equipments, less maps, less skills, less monsters, less systems and less content but still gives me more than ToS ever did in 9634h, ironically the time i spent out of game doing things related to it felt well more important.

Despite that i still (platonicaly) love ToS and i’m didn’t came here to advertise a different game, after all it ain’t perfect either and i can’t play the same fantasies ToS offers, however, even with summer festa, i don’t feel like having any reason to play the game anymore.

7 Likes

Cause the whole thing is a shitshow. Buggy broken, BROKEN, laggy, rng heavy, slow updates, events that have one purpose, that is to make you mindlessly login and grind, RMT is kinda common, and freaking p2w. There, i said it.

2 Likes

Mind sharing what game that is … (having a feeling its Black Desert or Outward)

I don’t know why each individual is quitting, but I know these trifecta of summer farming events are giving me enough sprout event grinding fatigue flashbacks to drive me to quit …

2 Likes

Spiritwish (english) is out so I guess those dissatisfied with ToS are switching to that.

Sad to see @Hillgarm quit/hiatus on ToS. Never knew this guy personally but the amount of research he does on the game is remarkable…

Yeah, be happy. Slowly, people will have or feel the same way like you and the game will eventually die when the amount of players that feel the same becomes significant (just like any mmorpg).

On top of that, pretty sure players are mainly composed of middle aged people, people who have real jobs, real families, real lives outside of the game that suffer with a game that requires zombie like farming and full of rng as we all know.

My point is if I were you people, don’t just accept whatever IMC throws at you. Even if the events’ rewards are tempting, don’t kill yourselves doing countless hours for them. Play casually, or play within your limits.

Value your families, value your jobs and value your friends in real life. Afterall this game will not be around forever.

2 Likes

My only goal was to get people thinking and discussing about game design aspects, i can’t say it was fully successful but it was a good time, it’s a shame it didn’t lead to any significant change in the game itself.

I don’t think it’s respectful to advertise another game in the official forum since i just said i’m migrating to it (even though any game should be strong enough to sustain itself against competitors). The only things that i’ll say that weren’t in my previous reply is that the game is free to play, is on steam, has no graphic resemblance to ToS and i don’t recall it ever been mentioned here nor in any big tread.

1 Like

Albion Online

/nowIsaidit

1 Like

Well, i do not go hitting the same point again and again about things that need changes for better of worse. It simply feels like even if you do a constructive suggestion, as good it can be if you don’t stack up the opinion of lets say around +80 players, even if the developers likes the suggestion it will go to stand by for 6 months or more.
As an example the Hackapell buffs after rebuild they kinda rushed the buffs and they reached our eyes “faster” than things like Templar having such bad quality of life because of the Horse/Forge or Quarrel Shooter being a no good being a “pvp class”(i supose) and struggling to even walk while casting skills or lacking a reason to use kneeling shot, these two classes are so unpopular that there simply aren’t ppl sufficient to make a good discussion.
I understand that this game have more than 70 classes and the problematic unpopular classes tend to enter hard working zone on making then stand out with their uniqueness without making then overpowered. All i can do is making one post or other about it and see what the community thinks and them wait for their moment to get “balanced”.
Its a bit tiring to wait to see a tree that can get more than 2 or 3 builds.:tired:

Back to the thread, it would be nice to have more diversified challenging PVE(not just by numbers, i have fun doing Wastrel more than Asio) so the end game would not resume to PVP content because aside the skiaclipse Legendary the most dangerous creature on this game are players and reducing the burnout of infinity grind, maybe a weekly raid reworking the mercenary mission.

you heard it here first ToS cause rifts in families and will make you lose your job!

And as if the current triple farming grinding events right now is not enough to push me to quit, IMC now releases 2 more events to juggle with, wow. The coin summer event may be the most important one out of them all, but now IMC be inserting coins into almost all the other events just to push people to play it.

This grind, lel.

1 Like

the greedier you are, the more worn out you will be

2 Likes

Agree, but there is peer pressure as well.
The biggest problem is the margin of rewards. It takes less than 5 hours to get 300 coins, while it takes how many days to get a Savi armor and make it a +11 (ignore the potential there).

Also, for those who are new to the game, they definitely take forever to get a decent gear to do normal Crow.

Here you go, have my like.

Wow, that’s a feat in and of itself tbh…
I too, have been here since CBT1… but I’ve been off and on playing for my 6k hours, for as long as they’ve been turning the game into trash and back to …“normal”… again.
I still have fairly good forum attendance though!

Anyway, sad to see you go, though. I liked your class breakdowns.
Albion is a really good game, the only deal breaker for me was losing all your stuff, or I’d probably be playing it too. That does teach you the value and weight of your decisions, though. Have fun with it.

2 Likes

Same (though I don’t think I’m quite at 6k hours :0). As many in this thread have already said, I basically come and go as new things come around—I haven’t played at all since the big update, and I was feeling curious as to how that all panned out. It’s fun to replay through the maps I spent so much time on using a new class with some variance to their abilities, but I know that excitement will pretty quickly wear thin. Hasn’t happened yet, but it’s been less than a week since I returned. :^]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.