Tree of Savior Forum

Why is ppl quitting ToS?

The part that starts with “the game is confusing (…)” until the end is the honest truth. I started playing (again) in May/June and I still do not have a clue about building a character properly - which skills to pick, synergy, how they combine, etc - and I bet I haven’t done 50% of the common content. All I know so far was brought to me via guild members. Different from other forums/games we don’t have guides to follow - unless a player wants to do so. I have 3 characters 300+ and all I know is running for CM, Saalus and Velcoffer; and to be sincere the latter is really annoying for new players because it requires good gears/equipments. I reaaly like the game but for new players it is really hard to understand!

1 Like

Because they cant fix the issue introduced with last weeks maintenance, I cannot log onto the game. Hard quit, but I feel good!

1 Like

you have no idea the time i spend to explain the game to new player in the guild. it’s insane

1 Like

Just run up to them at max mspeed and wagon wheel, bash or cleave them. Come on, now…

On topic, there’s really nothing else to do in this game after you’ve geared up and completed the lore/raids. I’m still playing because I enjoy gearing my main up by minmaxing and finding the most efficient way of making silver.

4 Likes

Play a Doppel for a single Gem feud after the Pelt changes, you won’t even stand a chance.

IMC :" Let’s make a Bow for our fellow Mergens, cause we know Arrow Sprinkle sucks ass."

Mergen
Arrow Sprinkle: The range of arrows is reduced, but it now damages all enemies in range equally. Skiaclipse Bow has no effect.

Mergens in a nutshell

3 Likes

Well, you’re using a bugged skill in 2h(hard shield), which is fixed on Ktos. I played against other doppels and they always aim for the CC (god bless Fugi). You on the other hand just run up to people, glug a pot, and pounce and hope to kill. I have no doubt that peeps without pain barrier won’t be able to kill you in 1 shot if you run up to them, unless they are muskek/neers.

3 Likes

You keep saying that Hard shield is bugged and IT IS NOT bugged, IMC simply changed the way it works and to balance that change, they made it so you can stack Bear(also reduces magic damage) + Gung-ho and liberate 50% damage red. for 6 seconds.

It never said on the tooltip that you could not put a 1H sword on the 2nd slot and get the buff. And it happens with many other skills, not just hard shield.

Also, comparing me with Fugi, rofl.

1 Like

Hard shield here:
Increases your defense in proportion to the defense values of your currently equipped shield.

Hard shield on Ktos with googler translate
“Increases armor in proportion to the number of shields currently worn.
At weapon swap (including automatic swap) If there is no shield, the buff is immediately released.
Can not be used in conjunction with an Efegyard Buff.”

https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skills/10110

???

4 Likes

? Drakonas Pasiutes Set counts all the items, you can do +10 on the 3 accessories, no need to +30, they also have 14 potential each.

1 Like

I think we should also ask the opposite:

Why people stay?

We can also ask why those who have complains stay, as they are the most weird case imo.

Another not so in topic question that I wanted to ask would be why 90% of the problems in this thread and also in other threads never affected me.

1 Like

May as well then if you have a character that far. I have, like, 20 characters and they’re all dressed up because DFO’s outfits are 10/10 all the time but their gear is doodie. There’s a bunch of new classes too if you haven’t played in over a year. (https://wiki.dfo-world.com/view/Category:Characters) I still want them spicy male elves/thieves tho wtf DFO??? WHEN WE GET MALE DARK ELF BOIS???

My issue is I have choice paralysis. So I swap from character to character to character and they’re basically all garbage-tier-geared oopsie.

tbh DFO hits all the right spots except for 2 that helps me stay engaged. 1) map exploration and 2) a class that hits all the right spots for me so I don’t have to make 20+ characters. So while ToS isn’t as fun, at least it has time-waster potential… Until I explore the whole game on both routes. Then I’ll probably quit and just go back to DFO lmao. I most def appreciate how F2P friendly DFO is. The game developers host the game themselves, so they’re not throwing out 100-200 dollar items or other nonsense like that.

2 Likes

but you ll be Vau the BEast xd

1 Like

Short answer: People got bored in 1 or 2 weeks after an update then leave waiting for another update in MAYBE 1 or 2 month and every time less people come back.

Long Answer: read all the other post before this…

5 Likes

Limited, basically no PVP content.

• No open pvp rooms
  • 1 RvR battleground
  • GTW once a week
  • old 15v15 GVG gone, no replacement

The PVP that exists either

• Is being completely ignored while having glaring flaws in matchmaking, rewards, and mmr/elo (TBL)
  • Is time-gated (Gem, GTW, TBL)

IMC seems to be adjusting skills and now certain arts with PVP in mind, but the content just isn’t there. If they stuffed in a PVP map you could just enter at any time it would make a ton of people happy. Low-cost, high-value.

5 Likes

I used that as a kind of example to point out how ridiculous is the enhacing system and how they abuse the P2W of it, imagine that applyed to weapons

1 Like

Just leave the game guyz, it’s easy and you feel better after

feelgood

When I realized that I would not have to deal with the enhance system

But RIP in peace all my costumes

76-763211_colored-crying-editor-sad-crying-face-meme

4 Likes

But frankly, I would prefer ToS to die for good, because worse than seeing a developer company fail a good idea, is to see the reaction of people on forums.

I sincerely wish that IMC had bankrupt when it got the chance. The suffering would be less.

1 Like

In this post there is more drama than in a turkey soap opera.

This game is a niche and its distinctive point is its art, it has a small but faithful public that apparently is generous enough to prevent the game from going bankrupt.

I am a little demanding player maybe, or very casual but the truth does not seem so terrible the defects that the game has.

Or perhaps you simply have too high expectations of what developers’ resources can really meet.

1 Like

they wont go bankrupt cuz ppl do buy their greed influenced T9 scroll i asure you or the reroll stats magnifiers, things that should be available for everyone, i mean its a korean dev,
League of Legos, and overwatch are pretty dem popular in there, what do you get in their lootboxes? nothing but cosmetics and ppl buy em, but we all know who runs IMC

2 Likes

Actually, before when transcedence did not exist and costumes were bought, they were near bankrupt.

But then Nexon bought some of IMC and voilá, Transcedence is born (and all the gacha as well).

1 Like