Tree of Savior Forum

Why does oracle still exist

me when every class under the sun gets buffed, even the already strong ones like elememe

then me when i look at oracle

the only class in the game that has gone unnoticed ever since obt not getting a single good change :sunglasses:

please delete oracle from this game, if ur just gonna keep it as garbage u might as well delet it IMCā€¦ thx

or even better replace it with something actually good like SHEPHERD or MACUMBIERO or ZEALOT or LAMA

have you ever seen an oracle c3 on tbl? and how can you tell that shepherd, macumbeiro, zealot and lama are good? sources please?

5 Likes

Oracle 1 is good Oracle 2+3 are just useless^^

useless? really? full immunity circle is useless? tell me more!

Foretell is awesome, Oracle is excelent, PERIOD.

3 Likes

I thought to myself man, what an idiot. How could anyone say this about oracle, which is an exceptional counter to kabbalists and wizards?

Oh right, cause in TBL only about 1 in every 10 people with a circle in oracle actually bothers to use counterspell or prophecy.

3 Likes

i have a oracle3 xd

yeah, full immunity circle that only has a 55% of ocurring for 15 seconds and moves too quickly when you can just spend those ranks wisely on druid3 or diev3 or bokor3 and have 100% invin for a little longer, less of a hassle and less cd :sunglasses:

Clerics are so lucky, their ā€œuselessā€ class Oracle is way better in battle than the other bad combat classes like alchemist and even squire.

I dare to say that Oracle have more useful skills than Scout too. (Cloaking, Flu Flu, Split Arrow against Prophecy, Change, Reset, Foretell, Couterspell)

3 Likes

Oracle C1 is an excelent filler.

Oracle C2 is pointless.

Oracle C3 is as gimmicky as kabbalist C2 but itā€™s not as rewarding.

Oracle can be considered a niche utility support class that indeed needs some work, but only on its uniqueness. Perhaps adding new attributes to C2+ would bring some light to the class past C1ā€¦or even bringing back Call of Deity with some tweaks. :slight_smile:

Lurii44m
i have a oracle3 xd

yeah, full immunity circle that only has a 55% of ocurring for 15 seconds and moves too quickly when you can just spend those ranks wisely on druid3 or diev3 or bokor3 and have 100% invin for a little longer, less of a hassle and less cd :sunglasses:

ā€¦Got a point there, i can see how it could be used on PvP but a Situation where the skill going on a straight line could be helpful in the middle of battle would be Hard to get a hold of.

i could think of using this on Guild vs Guild when trying to get through a mob of Players trying to stop you while you try to get near their tower to destroy it ā€¦but thatā€™s it.
it could be used as a utility when you want players to not interrupt other players from casting skills i guess ā€¦?
itā€™s hard to imagine a good situation where moving on a straight line is convenient.to begin with, players can more or less predict where the skill will End and trap you. [they can even pull you out of there with traps.]

ā€¦on PvEā€¦ When Even ?
it had be nice if they gave this skill an attribute that made you immune to certain skills Traps that can Pull you or knock you.
or an attribute that allowed to give you more Pattern movements when casting it.

by the way, i Love Oracles ! but that skill is such a pain to understand :confused:
i barely justify 1 skill point on it.

Forecast not even work properly.
Foretell TOO situational not even a practical skill.

Prophecy is inferior compare to PD.

can someone tell me why oracle still a cancer class in tbl? thanks

[quote=ā€œLurii, post:1, topic:365176ā€]
please delete oracle from this game, if ur just gonna keep it as garbage u might as well delet it IMCā€¦ thx[/quote]
Why do people on these forums, instead of asking nicely and maturely "Hey, IMC, Oracle isnā€™t really great nowadays. How about buffing Oracle? I have some ideas what could be done : ā€¦ ", almost always go the sarcastic, stubborn and whiny ā€œClass X sucks!!!11 Delete class X, because i say so!!!11 kthxbye!!!1111ā€-route? It doesnā€™t make your wishes for buffs come true any faster than asking in a decent manner, and asking in a decent manner might actually make your posts more readable and thus gets a higher chance of being taken seriously.
If i were an IMC staff member iā€™d ignore your post since aside from whining there is nothing else in your post. For improvement suggestions the dev team needs actually constructive feedback like:
-What is wrong with the current Oracle class?
-What would you like to have changed?
-Any further suggestions?

How can you tell shepherd, lama, zealot, etc are good? Have you played them before? I doubt it.

4 Likes

If you were an IMC staff member you would ignore any post :sunglasses:

sayurichanā€™s got it right. Too much negativity and no constructive ideas may just make your post too undesirable to read.
at least offer a suggestion or if no suggestions, try not to be so negative. [better yet, none of these.]
if players wonā€™t read it, it may be a less likely chance of admins reading it.

[at this point, this sort of comment is now a chanting<ā€“[thereā€™s a better word here but couldnā€™t remember it.] of etiquette, i donā€™t feel like iā€™m actually talking when saying it after so many times of other people pointing it out on different posts.

The forum is full of cry-babys now.
Months ago this forum was way more Toxic but at least it was fun to read now its just crying ~.~

2 Likes

sorry but i disagree with you there.
Toxic = Boring.

the only way for it not to be Boring is to be unique. that ainā€™t common for it to be amusing.

itā€™s mostly just repetitive, boring, and unproductive waste of seconds of life spent writing it and reading it.

Ok so just gonna pop a rework + a skill for circle 2, leave this thread and never return.

Foresight: make it predict enemy attacks AND perfect dodge them in a % chance.

Circle 2 Skill; Hindsight (or something that means casting beforehand); Some kind of pass but different. Reduces the next skill cooldown to 0. Therefore you can cast one skil twice in a fast succession. like 2 frost clouds or smth like that. Gimmicky buy cool enough,

Make Circle 3 foretell get an attribute to make circle either static or slower and 100% chance immunity and gg. A legit class.

1 Like

I was an Oracle player since itā€™s useless c2 and i can affirm:

• Most of the Oracles problems comes from its ridiculously strong C1
  • Most of their skills are too gimmicky or offer an impratical way to provide the effect

If we start to think on all Oracle skills, we can see they are really strong skills on paperā€¦ but yah, only on paper.

Prophecy (Bloodletting wannabe) - Mainly an PvP uptime lv1 debuff immunity skill with an useless dmg atribute(Useful only to find Cloaked archers)

Counterspell - Really overpowered ā– ā– ā– ā–  that does not allow imc to change Oracle class.

Twist of Fate - (???) Did you say damage cap or did you said something random in between 33% and 40%?

Foretell - It moves way too slow or way too fast. 50% chance of not being rekt.

Death Sentence - In a meta where everyone oneshots everyone why would we need something like an suredeath low range lv 1 debuff skill? Just press Healbomb button.

Arcane Energy - As good as Agility, would be really OP if Agility really worked.

Forecast - Allows your Dragoon friend to see how far they can throw their Dethrone, oh and it offers something like 5% chance to evade something.

Oh wait, did i just mentioned 7 of 11 skills?

TL;DR: Oracles can be one of the strongest classes on paper, but the way they make their use is rather questionable.

1 Like

If i were to change Oracle skills iā€™d probably do the following :

Foretell - Remove the invincibility buff, cleric already has too many invincibility skills. Instead, every second all party members inside that magic circle thingy get their cooldowns reduced by 1~3 seconds (exact seconds number needs balancing tests). Basically an over-time-Pass from Chronomancer. That would make Oracles awesome for supporting classes with low cd skills (who can re-use their low cd skills more often while staying inside that magic circle) while keeping Chronomancers awesome for classes with high cd skills.

Death Sentence : Reduce cooldown to 1 minute. Add 2~3 Overheat.
Add Death Sentence Attribute for Oracle C2 : If the Death Sentenced target is a monster, increase item drop rate and EXP of that monster by +200~300%.
Add Death Sentence Attribute for Oracle C3 : If used on a cursed target, the death sentence countdown is reduced by 50~75% (needs testing which value would be balanced) but instead of killing the target it leaves the target at 1 hp.

Clairvoyance - Reduce cooldown to 1 second and remove overheat. That way it can be constantly used while grinding. Shouldnā€™t really do anything bad for gameplay, but would make Oracles way more effective in supporting grind parties who grind for items.

Arcane Energy - Add Attribute for Oracle C3 : (Slightly) Increases the hitbox size of all attack skills of all party members. Again, would make Oracle much better as a group supporter.

Change - Reduce cooldown to 20 seconds. This is just a for-fun-skill. No need for higher cooldown.
Add attribute for Oracle C2 : After changing a monster, the changed monsters becomes confused/stunned for 5 seconds

1 Like