Tree of Savior Forum

Why does IMC makes DEX look more and more as worthless stat?

Graphical representation of full Str swordie who duel my CataDex.

8 Likes

it very easy to find reason why they buff only str and add more buff for swordman class. if you read around tos webboard you will see people said dex give more damage than str in late gameā€¦ and yet dex give more defend because evasion.

full dex = high dmg, high defend
full str = high dmg

whereā€™s balance?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Because There is one type of buff that IMC doesnā€™t want to add.

ATTACK SPEED

DEX
Increases your Accuracy and Evasion
common sense that the more accurate you are the more you can hit a vital point which deals Critical hit. (rate)
which somehow of course the more accurate you are the faster you hit.

STR
The more stronger you are the heavier you hit, the more heavier you hit the more it can penetrate to anything.
The heavier you hit the heavier your Critical damage.
The more stronger you are the more you can lift more items.

But no IMC decidesā€¦ Attack speed can only attain through skills such as kneeling shot and running shot. :unamused:

3 Likes

and in same time full/high dex swordie is dealing pathetic amount of dmg to everyone in PvP because he have low STR and everyone is full CON so his critical damage&chance is worth nothing. Clerics will offheal that silly dmg and archers/wizards will just burst full dex/high dex swordie

ā€œb-but but I have lots of evasionā€ - said dead Swordman killed by Warlock/Ele/Sorc/insert here other wizard class

how the ā– ā– ā– ā–  you get high dmg with full dex? wut? with no high amount of dex you will tickle your enemies specially as Swordsman

Because full str archer with full dex linker 3 combo donā€™t exist.

You get high damage off Dex once you start upgrading your weapon and utilizing Transcendence, squires and Alchemists.
Assuming that the STR build cannot get decent amounts of Crit Rate themselves from equipment (gems), or allies (Monstrance, Lifeline, Finestra, etc)

[quote=ā€œlukiner666, post:25, topic:312629, full:trueā€]
and in same time full/high dex swordie is dealing pathetic amount of dmg to everyone in PvP because he have low STR and everyone is full CON so his critical damage&chance is worth nothing. Clerics will offheal that silly dmg and archers/wizards will just burst full dex/high dex swordie [/quote]

Read again what you quoted on me for 5 times. <-- if you did, you will know by now that my build was not specifically designed to kill clerics and mages. Full Str/ full con or hybrids have the same problems as what you had said. Having con is indeed can make you last longer on paper assuming you go there tanking all the magics like an idiot. Do you really think by going high str will fix the issues you had said against dex types? You also have pathetic life with no defense mechanism whatsoever. And i have a question for you, how much life do swordie needs in order to survive in PVP?

I take you guys (some) will pvp.

Con Greatly (hugely) reduces the chance of you being hit.
some arenā€™t just mindlessly PVE oriented. Ergo, STR is still a decent build for PvP, rather than dex.

Iā€™d still have over 100 dex to get accuracy, but no more than that.

But without cri rate still OK?

Why do you need validation so much?

Against full or high dex str build will miss very often if not every hit

As for lv10 green gem in gloves i counter with lv10 green gem in boots.

The problem is that most PVP build wonā€™t care about your evasion. Magic damage exist and Archer has good accuracy while there are only 2 class that bothers with evasion limiting the usefulness of DEX. STR becomes more valuable because there 3 classes than can focus on BLOCKING. Another problem is flexibility in stat allocation. If you want High Evasion, you pretty much put like 70%+ on DEX so you can be unbeatable to only one build, thatā€™s right FULL STR PVE swordsman. meanwhile STR build donā€™t have to be high STR, they just need enough STR to have 60% hit rate against full CON WIZ (remember: we have 10% bonus per rank on STR unlike dex) and dump other stat on dex for accuracy or CON for trolling against DEX builds. especially if their class wields a shield, although they are not hitting you, you also canā€™t hit them and you can;t even hit FULL CON WIZ

you do know lv 10 gem gloves give more accuracy than the dodge rate given by lv 10 green gem on boots right?

1 Like

Rogue is underrated highly
Imagine a QS on bsoses with Rogue C1

asdasd

1 Like

I LoL so hard on this gif =)))

The crit rate formula works against the players, there should be more of an outcry why how the internal test showed it was the best formula. Of course this game isnā€™t that popular so an outcry can be ignored.

1 Like