Tree of Savior Forum

Why do you treat SA server like it doesnt matter at all?!

For the sake of testing:
I just made a team on the SA server and i had absolutely no problems connecting, logging in, creating a character and playing the game.
I had a 250 ms ping, but that’s to be expected since it’s a long distance from here (europe) to the server.

Are you guys absolutely 100% sure it’s the servers fault, and that it could not possibly be shitty internet connection/shitty internet provider between you and the server?
Because if it was 100% the servers fault then obviously i should’ve suffered the same login/connection/lag issues as you guys. From my short experience on the SA server i can’t confirm that it’s the servers fault.

I’ll test it again later.

2 Likes

must be their ISP. since some of our ISP also have problem. especially those cheap ones.

of course they cant do anything abt it if its the ISP problem. thats why they are blowing steam here. lol

Well, it is quite random, lag comes and goes on different maps at different times of the day.

Also right now there is probably no line to connect but out of the 24 hours, about 12 hours you get a line of 200-900 people to get in, which is about 15-60min + - and if you get disconnected you have to get in line again.

Either way, its not out fault because i played on Klaipeda with a higher ping and i had a smoother gameplay than on SA (most of the time).

Stefan imagine this situation:

• Half the day (usually early afternoon until past midnight) you have at least 15 min wait to log in.
  • In case you get disconnected for any reason or you want to get in a diff char, you gotta get in line again.
  • Half the maps at least (usually the less popular) are EXTREMELY lagged with a huge delay.
  • Sometimes you try to get in and it just says “Cannot connect to the server”.
  • This is just like for the past week, the 1-2 weeks BEFORE this week were COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.
  • Our reward was like 3 tomes of exp and 3 dungeon resets and OH YES, i had given up and i didnt log in for like 2-3 days after they gave the rewards, so i lost them (a lot of people did).
  • We also got 4 days of token as a reward, but me along with half the server were unable to play COMPLETELY for at least 10 days.

It was a lot worse in the past and they just dont fix the problem, all they did was put a player cap so that the server doesnt get too crowded (not much of a real solution).

probably its your ISP is bad. what type of ISP are you using?

@danielfaccioli :
I deeply sympathize with you guys and by no means i’m trying to protect IMC or say something like “lawl get a life” or something.
However i think it’s wrong of you to accuse IMC or LUP to secretly have a conspiracy against south american people and your accusation of them “luring you into a trap to get rid of you”.

What i’m saying is that people are often too quick to immediately blame the developer/publisher for what’s going on, especially since there could be other reasons why these problems exist, like i’ve listed in my posts above. In most of these cases i don’t think IMC can do alot about that, other than getting info from you (like tracelogs) and try to resolve the problem with the info you provide.

For example people could do tracerts/traceroute checks and see if there is any connection nodes that causes huge ping spikes or data loss. In all “SA server is bad” topics i i have read i did not see a single tracelog/pinglog posted, all topics are mostly “IMC YOU SUCK! YOU HATE SOUTH AMERICANS! ■■■■ YOU!” and similar things.

Here, i just did a quick tracelog to the SA server by using the command prompt and the command “tracert 52.67.15.170”, which is the IP of the SA server (i believe), to check if i have any connection problems to the SA server.

C:\Users\Sayuri>tracert 52.67.15.170
Routenverfolgung zu ec2-52-67-15-170.sa-east-1.compute.amazonaws.com [52.67.15.170]
über maximal 30 Hops:

7 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms vlan501.wien3.aco.net [193.171.26.153]
8 12 ms 12 ms 11 ms tengige-0-1-0-3-75.core1.aco.net [193.171.23.46]
9 12 ms 11 ms 11 ms xe-0-0-4.r16.uni.vie.at.nextlayer.net [81.16.152.13]
10 25 ms 27 ms 36 ms ae24.r02.uni.vie.at.nextlayer.net [92.60.1.48]
11 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms ae2.r06.uni.vie.at.nextlayer.net [92.60.1.127]
12 11 ms 10 ms 11 ms ae2.r06.inx.vie.at.nextlayer.net [92.60.1.123]
13 12 ms 12 ms 12 ms xe-0-0-0-2.r00.vienat01.at.bb.gin.ntt.net [83.231.187.1]
14 103 ms 103 ms 102 ms ae-4.r02.frnkge03.de.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.160]
15 30 ms 22 ms 22 ms ae-5.r21.frnkge03.de.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.4.162]
16 105 ms 104 ms 105 ms ae-4.r25.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.2.4]
17 104 ms 105 ms 106 ms ae-2.r07.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.3.98]
18 104 ms 103 ms 107 ms ae-7.amazon.nycmny01.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [129.250.201.122]
19 * * * timeout
20 * * * timeout
21 * * * timeout
22 114 ms 114 ms 113 ms 54.239.108.220
23 112 ms 113 ms 112 ms 54.239.111.241
24 * * * timeout
25 110 ms 110 ms 110 ms 72.21.219.72
26 270 ms 265 ms 278 ms 54.239.108.104
27 239 ms 240 ms 239 ms 54.239.108.119
28 * * * timeout
29 * * * timeout
30 243 ms 243 ms 242 ms 177.72.240.97

When you have lag problems/disconnect problems, can you (and others) do the same and post it here? Maybe we can see in the tracelog if there is some ISP that’s responsible for the bad lag and disconnects.

What I’m going t say might be cold hearted but I think F2P players should be really more patient until they can buy the Beginner DLC if it isn’t out yet. When it does, please buy it!

Because if you want better server you will have to give money to IMC to buy those servers!

Founders didn’t waited for F2P to open, they put their wallet on the table and founded the game, that’s what allowed IMC to open 3+ servers during the early access.

Free loaders whinning is the worst, imo. Because that’s what you’re now F2P players who just came ONLY when the game was released to public FREELOADERS who complain and complain.

Instead, you could’ve just come with funders during the early access, give money and help IMC so they will have less potates servers. But you didn’t. So really, by posting over and over the same issue and bashing IMC again and again isn’t making the situation better, it’s just turning the community toxic!

“Let’s al unite together and bash, ■■■■ on dev!”

So really, for most of the whinners look at yourself first and see your fault too. IMC isn’t perfect but you freeloaders aren’t either.

From a dev point of view, you’re a bunch of opportunists who didn’t help the game to become better when it could’ve (omg, why 100+K people didn’t come earlier ?! If I knew I could’ve buy better servers and hired more people! ********).

You are an idiot. We already gave them enough money even before it went F2P. They haven’t fixed anything and keep doing the same ■■■■ over and over.

This game is fantastic, and I can’t believe this just went so wrong. IMC is almost as bad as Aeria. You should stop licking their balls.

2 Likes

Well, to be fair, that theory kinda sounds stupid because if they wanted to get rid of SA, a good server would be mandatory.

Right now, people will just migrate to a different server with better constant ping and just flood them

“But my character”, well, I think playing the game is better than playing the queue game - or not playing at all.

1 Like

Look dude, I know you’re upset about this but a flame post with all your theories about the bullshit you think IMC is pulling to get the Latino population to leave is absolutely retarded.

They get money regardless.
They get players regardless.
They get population for marketing purposes regardless.

Which all mean they will get more people all around.

This is what happens when you dont see the bigger picture. I understand the problems must be annoying but try to be a little more objective.

1 Like

Dude, it’s not the ISPs if it happens to a lot of players. I get 36ms to Silute but in game that value goes over three times it, totally my ISP which is returning a ping of 36ms right?

Look, my connection/pc are fine.
It’s the darn game servers which are cheap.

1 Like

Idiot…IMC had money to developer the game and pay for the servers in every other region, why would they not have the money for it before hand…? That doesn’t even make the slightest bit of sense.

And before all of this early access bull, companies still paid out of pocket for server upgrades before they started pulling in money.

well trace look ok. must be the overpopulation, server cant handle ppl + bot. happen to telsiai also at some point

Você deveria ficar calado de vdd amiguinho :slight_smile:
Ps: em português mesmo, porquê tenho o direito de falar na língua que quiser bjs

Just FYI : It actually can be the ISPs fault if the ISP at fault is the one providing the last connection nodes near the server. In that case many people would suffer from a ISP connection issue. Just because different people have different ISPs for their houses it does not mean that on the connection route to the server the ISP changes. it is very likely that the ISP changes on the way from your home to the server. But anyway :
Since no one posted any kind of info before but only complained it was still not proven that it actually is the server which is at fault.
And until something is proven to be true you have to be open to all alternative possibilities that could be the reason for the problem.

It’s not like i said “no, the servers are fine, it must me something else!”, i said “well, there are other possibilities that could cause lag or disconnects”.
Since you show a tracelog that seems to be fine : congratulations, now the chances are alot higher that it’s actually the server that is causing the problems.
And unlike previous “QQ LAG, IMC U SUCK!”-topics without any helpful information now you actually have a basis for your arguments and complaints, like “IMC. here are many tracelogs from many users that prove that the connection routes to the server are ok. The only possibility left is that it must be the server.”.

I see your point, Stefan, so let me talk about our scenario here in Brazil so that it could help you analyze the case:

95% of our internet service is proved by 6 (yeah, only six) ISPs: VIVO (just acquired GVT, which was another ISP) / NET / TIM / Sky / Oi / Algar Telecom. (outdated source in portuguese: https://techinbrazil.com.br/provedores-de-internet-no-brasil)

Here in Sao Paulo, VIVO, NET and TIM are the most predominant ones, they are responsible for 98% of the market in this region. This region is where the server is hosted.

I play the game with two other people. My ISP is NET, and other two are VIVO (our connection speed goes from 30 mbps to 200 mbps, but it’s irrelevant to this case). We suffer from the exact same problems as most people here.

Outside the game, I usually ping the servers 30 ms any time of day, but inside the game, the ping goes all around: from 30 ms to 400 ms. Yesterday was unplayable: unstable 300~400 ms, never getting below that minimum value and skills were not functioning properly (as a buffing character, I usually get stuck in animation while the skill buff is not activated, and sometimes the skill fails but the cooldown triggers).

I’m not saying that the ISP are totally innocent here, maybe a fraction of this issue is regarding to them, but for us, considering this scenario, it’s clear that the servers are not good enough to handle this amount of requests. The game is not network optmized too. Maybe each client sends too much information for the server to process, and actually, that seems to be the case: the servers are not handling this much process very well, and lag spikes occurs because of this.

I´m from Argentina and I don´t have lag inside the game if I connect around 8 am to 15 PM, after that, the server becomes a tsunami of ■■■■ with the infernal and feared 800 queue, I can´t blame my internet, based on what I experience it´s a server problem. I´m curious about having read that SA was meant to be splitted in two servers; one for BR and the oher for SA (latin american speakers), I just dreamed that?, was too high on drugs?, or it was true?.

I really don’t get why NA players have 2 servers while we on SA have only 1 when our player base is a lot higher than the NA, so like you said, what you can think is that IMC really doesn’t give a ■■■■ about SA.

What they should do is “merge” Orsha with Klaipeda, that is, transfer everyone that is playing on Orsha to Klaipeda, and then transfer Orsha server to SA, I’m sure we are in a lot more need of a 2nd server than they are.

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_No @STAFF_J

3 Likes

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_No @STAFF_J

How many players we have to loose because of this lag?

Last time I played the game with stable 30ms ping was 3 to 4 hours after the last maintenance this Tuesday. The game was perfect and a lot more fluid. I tested it for about one hour on many maps, every one of them was perfect to play, except for towns, which was unstable because of the amount of players on every channel. I can’t say if the game is always this good everyday on 8 am server time, but it’s a signal that the servers’ limitations are the main reason for these issues.

BTW, I suspect that there are DDoS attacks happening daily on the server, because sometimes, for some 15 to 20 minutes at night, on the same map, same channel, without any warning, the game starts to get fluid and stable.