Tree of Savior Forum

Why do you still play tos? and how can it be save?

we got it out of your system raging at imc for a while, now why do we keep playing tos? what is it that we love to hate about this game? PVP, PVE, Friends? crazy shouts?
I ll like too see a collaboration with some other game or anime or whatever many games have done this:
mobile game Epic seven :

Dungeon Fighter Online :

i bet this wll be nice well implemented a few quest to reward everysingle player with something special from the collaboration
and Lety´s cube with Collab crazy costumes what do you think?
Maybe a Tos X Samurai Shadow and Release the new class Samurai and the Samurai master is Haohmaru… one can only dream

1 Like

cuz hearing mobs explode as they die is satisfying to my ears. :blush:
and speaking of collab, i always wanted to have a Sol Badguy-ish costume for ToS.
(big Guilty Gear fan here).
PSO2 had it, but too bad it was only in japan server.

4 Likes

PSO2 is the Boss of Collaboration:

2 Likes

Keep dreaming ladies and gentlemen. You should ask Nexon and original staff managing KToS to do that collab. IMC just doing copypasta contents from KToS, deal with bugs and complaints and profit.
Heck, you wouldn’t get any collab for this game as the original content (that is, Korean ToS) is from Korea. If you see all those collabs, it’s all Japanese game or game created by Japan (for international customers). Hardly ever seen one collab for Korean games.

Try send a spam or protest upon Kim, Nexon and IMC, they don’t give a sht.

4 Likes

I still play TOS, because even with all the bugs and exploits, it’s still the only game I know with this kind of gameplay+graphics style.

4 Likes

Collaboration with RAGNAROK ONLINE :rofl:

8 Likes

bc many bug can be exploited.

1 Like

I always like to play Princess Maker, and I like to be unique. However, 2 things that disappointed me:

1. They removed the customization of stats, and they did not improve anything to allow us being unique. It is not they have no existing feature, it is just lack of improving it. Eg. card system, skill gem system. Regardless, it is disappointing that I cannot be unique
  2. People can see your build and equipment. As I want to be unique, I do not want other to copy. Instead of displaying class, I prefer to display the role in Green (Support), Red (DPS), Blue (Tank & CC), White (Heal).

As for how this can be saved. Ask the question if the end game is GTW? Open World? etc. For example, Archeage and Black Desert Online is about trading that leads to territory wars or trade route wars, therefore, they have a reason. MineCraft is an open world for building things. Ragnaork Online is Emp War, where all the class has their role and purpose. And some games they try to solve problems. Now, what is ToS? Is GTW the end game? What is the status of it?

1 Like

Since I’m kinda new here I wanna try different build styles as long as I want to.

1 Like

I still play because of the lore, friends, doing endgame I’m slow with and the ToS Wiki. I also love drawing fan art of the NPCs, it is a game that has helped me a lot in a personal level and even the media I met my future wife. So yeah~ :prince:

3 Likes

What zeezhirra66 said is true. Most Korean developed games don’t do collaborations. I’d be surprised if there’s any who do it. While in other hand, doing collaboration is common in Japanese games (still waiting for granblue fantasy and touhou collab here though it will have to wait until ZUN appoint official voice actress)
I’m still playing ToS because frankly, I still enjoy the character building. Black Desert, Dragon Nest, or other games usually have the skill preset for you, and you just have to allocate points correctly. In ToS, you have to think about what this character is going to be (like, you wont put enchanter, linker, and thaumathurge together if it’s not for full support) and I still think this is fun. Finding a build that mesh well and turns out good enough because in other games, your roles are set once you select a class. But in ToS your roles are determined by he combination and selection of classes you choose
And this is just personal opinion, but I do think the game is casual friendly since most featured content such as challenge modes, daily dungeons, and events does not ask endgame gears as mandatory (you can give nearly everywhere with right build and free gears from Pajauta)

1 Like

I like playing cause the classes are fun and combinations are endless. The dungeons and can def be Improved upon but the aren’t god awful like other games. And personally I think IMC is making progress in improving this game, but it’s super slow progress like snails pace.
Few things of do to improve the game

1. Simplify the enhancement system maybe a rework similar to what they did with classes.
  2. Add some puzzles and traps to the dungeons.
    While killing everything is fun and all, I want to feel like a real adventurer using both strength and mind to get to my goal. I’m not saying everydungeon should have them. But a few here and there for variety.
  3. Fix the levels. Maybe do a level squish? I know people level super crazy fast in this game. But for a new player to hear that 400 is max level. Well some might find that intimidating. Thats just me tho.

Thats all sorry for the wall of text!

3 Likes

^
your first sentence pretty much sums up what i like about TOS too, but not always. I usually get revved up on playing when there’s some big class change updates, level cap updates, new classes etc. then they give free resets which make it really fun to mix and match classes and test them on various content. Sometimes its really hard for me decide - letting go of the old class you loved so much just so you can get more efficiency using other classes, aside from the fact that i don’t want to spend time doing hidden class change for hidden classes nor buy the voucher, and also doing the costume unlock quests for r8 classes. i can technically do this on another character, but some are painstakingly hard and tedious.

For No. 3, yes the level numbers sound daunting, but i’ll say, i played other games with far less level caps (99, 150, 93), and TOS is still the fastest to level up in, with or without exp bonuses.

1 Like

I just got back after a 2 years break and the game is definitely faster and way has less bugs (or I haven’t run into them). Honestly, I love the immersion. The art with the background music with the skill sounds and mob sounds mixes great
If anything, I’d do something with the GUI and random lag spikes

1 Like