Tree of Savior Forum

Why couldn't IMC make up their minds 24h earlier?

WOW, just WOW.

As much is a must say that i am happy about EU and SEA servers being a thing now, why did you not come up with this 24h earlier.
Now you need to run through all the trouble of team transfers and what not (just waiting for some of the teams to fail to transfer and maybe even stuff and chars getting lost in the process).
Many people promoted the idea of a server that will later on be physically moved weeks before launch.
I hope this lack of proper planning will NEVER happen again.

2 Likes

Agreed, most EU/SEA players are already on Klaipedia and Orsha and can’t move due to their token. Also lot of communities/friends must joined those 2 first servers to be able to play with the people they know who are already stuck there.

Also if you analyze how they proceeded for their launch, it’s so amazing…

• 6am edt : opening of servers (most NA people were sleeping, 2 first servers get crowded with a lot of non-NA people)
  • 4 hours later : opening of “EU” server (most communities are already stucked on the first 2 servers due to token usages)
    Also all NA players can’t go there because it’s a dedicated EU server (2 first servers get an influx of more NA players, due to start of day and end of work day)
  • 1 day later : SEA server announce, when everyone is aldready stuck on first 2 servers.
  • Future: transfer of EU from 1st and 2nd server, but most of EU people were coordinated to go on Orsha (so it will leave Orsha almost empty?)

Feels about what happenned…

1 Like

LOL jeez IMC just cant please any of you can they? you guys got what you wanted with EU and SEA servers but you guys just cant be happy gotta complain about something…might as well just not bother with EU and SEA server huh? ■■■■■■■ give them a break yeah they ■■■■■■ up so what you guys got your servers now let them do there jobs and sort everything out its the second god damn day of open beta did you not remember that? OPEN BETA game isnt even officially released yet until next month.

also didnt they warn you EU guys NOT TO OPEN YOUR FOUNDERS PACK??? and wait for more of a concrete idea? but NOPE!!! you guys had to RUSH to play and open your founders pack and it bit you guys in the ass and here you guys are again spreading misery and whining cause of something you guys did…

Lets just be happy already, I opened my 60 day token too but if it means wasting a month of it to get into a server with less than a hundred ping then its fine better than not getting any servers at all.

It’s also partly my fault I opened the pack so early anyway.

Props to you for actually taking some blame glad you guys get a server to play on with low ping good luck and have fun.

Calm down?
Knowing when and how you fail is the first step of improving oneself?

No they didn’t. If anything, they told us it was ok to open our pack on NA because there will be a transfer if in the future they decide one day to open an EU server. (noone ever expected them to open it 4hours after launch)

i just showed my friends gameplay of wizard/archer from random youtube…then we decided to quit due to slow/lag gameplay we are playing. back to our original game (tera online). hope they open EU server but fast with no issues one day.

Yes they did I believe they told you to hold onto your founders pack and NOT open them and they would go with you to a EU server if one ever was opened up. I believe it was the announcement about EU not having enough of a player base based on numbers or something. So yes they did warn you guys again you guys messed up be like your fellow EU/SEA player and just take fault at your own mistake.

I fail to see any warning about founder pack opening…

sorry, but you are wrong as Faile has proven.
The info was that we are save to use the packs because there will be a team transfer. And as i said i am happy that they opened regional servers BUT this hole launch shows that they did not think in advance about some decisions.
It was obvious that 4+ servers will be needed from the initial sale numbers (not the last day sales but the initials about 1 week ago) because they estimates where 150k copies and the iCBT2 had around 130-140k players. Back then 2 servers where not enough. The later said in a statement that they think fewer players per server is their current approach, so how come they thought 2 servers will still work?
It should have been 4 servers from the very first moment and with a rough 25% split between NA,SA,EU and SEA regional servers from the very first moment (even if they are physically hosted in the US for now) would have been perfect.
IMC could and should have estimated this in advanced and it took them 24h too long to realize their mistake (even though many people made a similar forecast and warned them).

So the whole sense of my initial post was to make them realize that they need to carefully think about decision like this because fixing them 24h later is much more trouble.