Tree of Savior Forum

Where are the Dragoons?

Does anyone know where can i find any video source of the Dragoon class in action? I’ve looking for some for quite some time but no luck.

Since my main path is to make a Spear-only class in the next beta so i want to get a good look before at the class before taking any action, y’know, because i tend to be a indecisive little cheeeeky…

Dont fret, tis HERE.

You may wanna check my spear build then, feel free to criticise! Then plan is to take Dragoon path when new ranks are avaiable. Full spear ftw. :smile:

Keep an eye when we get info on Lancer, because if it’s Rank8 it may be hard to mix with Dragoon as unlike Cataphract it doesn’t give you the utility boost of a mount (which also gives you some stats besides movement) which makes Cathaphract a decent-enough option even at Rank6.

Yo! thanks for the link. I really appreciate that.[quote=“tenoriovn, post:3, topic:126267”]
You may wanna check my spear build then, feel free to criticise! Then plan is to take Dragoon path when new ranks are avaiable. Full spear ftw. :smile:
[/quote]

Hey, that build is really similar to the one i have in mind, the main difference being is that i went for Peltasta at rank 2 just for the mere utility of the class but other than that your build is pretty good tho!

Yeah i really hope the Lancer class really gives more options other than just a new set of skills, like there should be some kind of synergy with all the previous spear-related class only and also giving another incentive of using a mounted class like Cata other than just pure movement.

Peltasta is the best option out of that and SwordsmanC2 by far thanks to it’s utility, the atributes are also very nice, with Finestra you get enough block to block whatever physical thing the game trows at you. Restrain also ■■■■■■■ sucks ass and it’s not worth the points.

As of now the builds for Lance orieted builds can be fairly open, you beign with a simple PeltastaC1->HopliteC2->CataphractC2 but at Rank7 you gotta pick based on future info.
If lancer is Rank9 then picking DragoonC2 would be very good, if it’s 8 on Rank7 you have CataphractC3 and HopliteC3 as realistic options with PeltastaC2… exists, better taunt I guess.

CataphractC3 is nice and all for more point in your other skills but Rush is not good, specially if you took Peltasta as you have Swash Buckling as the mobs come to you anyways and you can just Earth Wave them up or something.
Impaler is… okay? The time you spend on it can easily be used in way more damage, decent CC in PvP I guess if another member of their team doesn’t just knock you out of it. Because 1v1 is not going to be the meta at all outside of for funs.
Trot at Lv5 is fine enough, that with spinting already makes you go fast as hell, any more than that is pushing it to unneded degrees.
Steed Charge is fantastic, you use that and once you are in middle of all the mobs you swich to your 1HSpear & Shield and pop Swash Buckling and all the screen goes to you. Giving it more damage is never a bad thing.
Earth Wave is a nice AoE, nothing really wrong with it nor to poit out.
Doom Spike takes long, but you can move while casting it at least which helps.

HopliteC3: Better Finestra, that’s all, that’s literally it, worth/10, you can pospone Cataphract to Rank6 to have FinestraLv15 as soon as possible which is just fantastic.
Long Stride is… useless, well no, if you pick Cataphract is useless as it isn’t mount compatible.
You prolly already know everything about Stabbing and Pierce eh, boss destroyer that last one, get to Lv15 if you can.
Speat Lunge can help, if the debuff triggers, which it may not, at elat it’s an overheat, still a Lv1 thing if you want it.
Troqing Spear is a bit pointless overall, if you want to trow your spear for massive damage pick Dragoon.
Synchro is sadly not good enough, rip.

For now Dragoon isn’t even a viable rank to pick, as ranks before it are stronger than it, Dragoon is currently underpowered considering it’s a freaking rank 7 class.

Is it really? Any source or detailed information on this?
Most of it’s numbers look respectable enough, specially consiering the mayority of it’s skills are multi-hit so this is an interesting statement.

At the time I forgot they were multi hit but just couldn’t be bothered with changing it.

Although there still seems to be a distinct lack of interest in Dragoon, it’s mostly going towards Templars and more so with Shinobi.

Well, on one hand we have the class that can make a guild and ninjas, it’s fairly self explanatory considering the common denominator of people that play the game.

We will see plenty of Dragoons eventually, FF is very much a thing and our male Dragoons are straight out of it.

Also considering that the Barbarian path for the Swordy class tree is still a popular choice i can see why. But i do have a feeling that Spear related classes will become very handy on taking world bosses at later levels and with that i mean really late levels like end game stuff.