Tree of Savior Forum

When it's time to stop, you should stop

It started with my +11 Aspana Revolver [9/13] going to +12 without a hitch; my goal was to hit +13 (for synergy when I get partied with Appraisers).

Failed all the way back to +8 [1/13].

I tried to get it back to +11, got it to +10, then failed, tried again (boom)… [it had 2x Lv7 Red Gems]

I thought with its sacrifice, I could at least get my +11 Vienarasis Mace to +15… wrong! [also had 2x Lv7 Red Gems]

Even my Black Horn went from 7/13 to 1/13, with +13 being its peak, now at +12.

With all my rage and craziness combined, I decided to dismantle my +11 Astra and stop playing…for now (waiting on the crazy to subside).

PPS: My GF did warn me not to upgrade that Aspana, if only I listened.

8 Likes

dude just wait for event diamonds

also lol @ your luck

Too late for any of that, the crazy already took over. It started with a little “overachieving” goal (and honestly quite harmless) of getting the most out of Appraisers with a +13 sub. :stuck_out_tongue: Didn’t think I’d kill an Aspana I just made (less than 2 days ago). Pretty much everything else went with it TBH. I started breaking items left and right after that.

PS: For Varena folks, everything I have on sale in Market (including the BShards), will liquidate everything then I’ll come back when I’m calm again. :smiley:

curiosity killed the dimeowgio.

4 Likes

Upgrading at 0 pot without golden anvil? :thinking:

2 Likes

Now you are free from Tree of anvilling. Grats.

and we still don’t have anvils that can restore potential
:zipper_mouth_face:

Totally understand you @DiMeowgio. I have a similar story which maybe some of you remember it. Back in r7 days i had a superior wreech bow that i used to use to farm duns with my scout. It was +13 and trying to get +15 it ended +8 with 0 pot. I was so mad i deleted all my chars and uninstall the game. However a month later a super nice Staff give me back all my chars. The upgrade system is really punishing.

2 Likes

I’ve used over-upgrading and attempting to break my weapons to convince myself to quit this game several times already, the game really just provokes you into doing that sooner or later when you’re stuck at the end game grind. You have other people running around with shiny weapons, and you can even peek at the numbers on their weapons to see what could be yours if you were just a little lucky at upgrading. Couple that with your own fatigue from playing the game and getting stuck with a trans 7 or something weapon that won’t get an upgrade anytime soon unless you spend a lot of time farming repetitive dailies or other means of earning silver/shards, then the idea of “I’ll just get that power up right now or take a nice long break from this game if it doesn’t work out” becomes the most appealing thing to do. Having a sneak peak at a future update that could potentially make the current grind obsolete also further aggravates this, why keep torturing yourself with annoying dailies filled with leechers and trolls when there’s going to be level 350 equipment soon?

So yeah, I’m pretty much in the same situation as OP except that I managed to keep one (shiny) weapon intact for my main. Now I have a bunch of alts with no weapons and almost all my other stuff turned into silver or shards lol. Hopefully by the time the new updates roll in there will also be changes to the upgrade and trans system on the roadmap. I wouldn’t want to put my motivation to keep playing in the hands of RNG again when that time comes, and I think it’s healthier for the game’s player base as well to not have such system tempting them to go all or nothing for whatever reason anyway.

1 Like

+11 for Weapons, +6 for Armour, it’s all random and I can’t keep going out to farm Orange mats all day for RNG to screw over hours of work. It’s unfair, it’s annoying, but I’d rather feel a little less powerful than have a bunch of 0 Potential equipment.

This system is flawed and needs to be reworked.

3 Likes

Never upgrade on a losing fail streak, always keep in mind that upgrading on impulse(rage) will only disappoint you, imo and observation fps/ping plays a crucial role on upgrading and there’s always a sure fail on +8-+11 and +12-14, if the item is at +14 it should be a diamond anvil going +15 unless you want to yolo it… at 2-3 streak fail you should stop and do upgrade on another day, never upgrade on another item too…

3 Likes

That’s what I used to set as my upgrade goals too. Unfortunately when world bosses came out, I found the need to become stronger as soon as possible in order to compete against all those shinobi murmillos. Of course I soon realized that I still can’t really earn a rank on my own with my off-meta build so there goes my motivation haha.

I guess my point is all these flawed systems and bad balancing and limited end game content and lots of other problems are just slowly chipping on their long-time player base. This upgrade and potential system in particular is just way too punishing for something that relies on RNG completely yet, it’s something you will need to worry about every time you get that new piece of gear you’ve been aiming for.

3 Likes

The best advice right here.

I had a +9 heart of glory with full potential, i got on a fail streak and kept going, it ended up +6 0 pot.

I needed 18 golden anvils to get it to +11

sad

If I were a non-Dragoon I would probably try to aim higher, but there’s absolutely no chance right now against Doppels or Murmillos so I stopped. I Diamond when I can, but that’s it.

Please never implement that .

Similar thing happened to me with a Black horn. It was +13 with 6 pots left and both socket already opened and I failed 7 times in a row. I was so pissed off that i forgot to use a golden anvil at 0 pot. I don’t want to feel that again, +11 is my end goal now. Duck all the lucky players and IMC ! Kappa

1 Like

It was pure blind rage :haha:

@Borel I’m actually quite on the lucky side when it comes to upgrade (especially hitting +11), I just decided to go for a harmless goal that ended in utter chaos. :distinguished:

I realized that, but my brain wasn’t letting me stop :tired:

@Kihseki Odd thing is that I just got back into the game (had to go on a mild hiatus due to work transition), that’s when I farmed for the Black Horn and Aspana Revolver respectively. The way things are, I’m just going to liquidate a lot of stuff and wait it out.

TL:DR Thanks for the the kind words everyone, and yes, I knew it wouldn’t end well the moment I decided to “let loose”. I guess I thought maybe, just maybe, I’d get lucky on something.

:prince:

I am with you, it happens to me. But i’ve to tell you, after feel tests, FPS, and Ping influence in the failure process, i ve done a bunch of test, and so reported to the game. Today, i only upgrade something, when i have a stabilize PING and in a empty channel, of a empty place, and so, i test in other itens first.

1 Like

Come back soon pal.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20

1 Like

It only takes a little bit of luck :’)

Took 80 goldens on my Crossbow.

1 Like