Tree of Savior Forum

Whats the policy about macro and addon system in this game?

on other trad some guy ask for a solution to the anoying corsair auto attk system. and i say that it would be easy get a macro instead wait to imc change that. so I like to ask if this kind o addon can be accepted, or in general any addon who do a kind of “macro” manipulation. I know that some program who are used to make macros was used to for auto farm and bot. so thats why im asking.

by the way imo in this game must be implemented a kind of macro system like WoW do, to allow set some atcions on a key with a comand, like the weapon change and maybe some buffs cycle on the same key. that was how wow do

In theory you can get banned even for hardware macros (it already happened here on forums and a STAFF answered publicly to the person confirming the ban due to that feature). Software macros are worse here.

It’s pretty much the “use at your own risk” area, expect a permanent ban (like the keyboard case) if get caught doing anything strange.

Macros are a no no unless you mean the in-game macros (F8) (which can be used in some creative ways or as a complement to add-ons)…

and speaking of add-ons, they are allowed, BUT only the ones that don’t give an unfair advantage or exploit the game in um… “harmful” ways…

like @Seiran said, its the greyest of gray areas :yin_yang:

1 Like

thats remember me when the “first” big problem of channel crash happen, like 1 year ago when imc have trouble with the hook 64 guy and a lot of player say that they can crash channels with a addon and a command. anyway nobody was banned by that. even for use an addon to crash channels with a “macro” so thats my point about ask for a policy. this game its so simple thats a lot of external program can “infringe” the meaning of fair playing.

for example the last year a lot of player can use multiple counts to farm with a full set of buffs and imc say who thats was fair. ( im ask ) always when they dont use a macro system. and they wont be caugth using external program (like a virtual machine) but detect that kind of program was almost impossible.

say that use an externar program at your own risk its so diffuse for a macro policy.

pd: the f8 macro system its useless even with some addons. and almost every addon used with this macros was asked for a lot of players as a feature of the game. but only 1 addon was added like a feature in this 2 years.

maybe you don’t know this, but you can input / commands on the F8 macros making for quick access and making things faster than typing the command on chat…

my main uses for F8 was in combo with zoomy+ to quickly change camera angles or with fps savior to quickly change settings and lower or high depending on how crowded the place was…