Tree of Savior Forum

What's good against Magic dmg?

I know that Cleric’s Safety Zone can be good to block magic, though it doesn’t block cc like freezing and stuff, right? And then Paladin has the magic barrier. And there’s at least one type of armor that can raise magic defense…
Are the Mage’s shield magics good enough to block damage consistently?

What else is there? Do the other classes have something to help them against magic? And, are most Dex (&/or blocking) builds vulnerable to magic?

Magic defense and resistance to elements is the only way, at least for now, i am not sure if the mechanics are working right or need some rework, but if you got a good amount of SPR you can avoid some heavy damage depending on the map (2 star maps will hit you hard if your level is too low), at Lv 200 my Sorc have 50 SPR i don’t need more than that in fact, but i still take 3-5k hits if i am on a 2 star map in the 10 Lvs range, it start to decrease as i get more levels to decrease the gap.

You can’t really avoid magic damage (except Safety Wall), but you can lessen the damage at least, and classes like Archer and Swordie have to get some CON or they are doomed later on.

Most effective survival against magic is a high hp pool, mdef is currently only good against multi hit magic attacks to a certain degree.

Also, SPR gives about 0,2 Mdef each point, but SPR is rather good for resist status ailments such as Freeze or Sleep.

Well, thats my opinion atleast.

I only know somewhat the Cleric skills…X)

Counter Spell - negates magic
Resist Elements - some elemental resistance and 20% chance to negate magic

invincibilty thingies: Mackangdal, Sterea Trofh, Golden Bell Shield, Ausrine Statue, Revive after death
Revenged Sevenfold saves you from 1 hit I think…

MDEF: Barrier, Increase Magic Defense

Prevent CC: Prophecy, Blood Letting, Beak Mask, Dispeller Scrolls, …SPR

1 Like

How good is the Oracle’s status and magic prevention?
It says lvl1 status effects, does someone know what doesn’t cover? Also, from the preview video, the counter spell didn’t prevent regular magic attacks, is it only certain things?

I’m wondering how good it’d be in pvp, to handle mages and poison.

Poison in general is useless in terms of PVP because npc sells antidote for 100 silver each.

the ‘Easiest’ way to fight magic would have to be being a Rodelero with Slithering, as i’ve been given reports you can ‘Dodge’ magic while using the skill. i have no proof myself other then hearsay/word of mouth, but it sounds pretty legit to me, the issue of course is that its limited to a swordsman class, and a class that is probably in the lowest % of pick rate. so if your so worried about magic, perhaps a Sword>Pelt2>Rode2>Fencer2(3) build might be for you.

Do you know if Falconnade protects against magic?

I heard it works against physical damages only

Be a Rodelero C2. Use Slithering. Laugh at magic damage for 10s :smiley:

That is inaccurate now.

You can find the rank of status effects here.