Tree of Savior Forum

What weapons do I use as a wizard? Mace vs Rod vs Staff?

I’m a returning player, so far I’ve managed to make the following classes:

• Wiz2 Linker2 Thaum2 FF2 (mainly for farming)
  • Wiz1 Cryo3 Chrono3 Sage
  • Wiz1 Pyro1 Linker2 Thaum3 Enchanter
  • (in progress) Wiz3 Ele3 Wl2
  • (interested in making a Sorc/Necro in the future)

What weapon should I use or aim for?

• I see a lot of people using a Vienarazis Mace (which I assume to be due to flexibility; shareable among multi-classed characters). The MATK is decent, but the INT on it looks nice and could help boost the stat bonuses from Swell Left/Right.

• Staves have amazingly high MATK stats, but I lose out on bonus MATK from Swell Right due to being a dual handed weapon. Though…this issue only pertains to my Thaum characters. I assume, all other DPS mage classes would prefer to use a staff.

• As for rods…is there even a point to using rods/wands due to Vienarazis Mace (with the exception of Heart of Glory)?

Going back to what I stated earlier, I am mostly playing my FF2 due to having to farm for gear, silver, mats, etc., but would probably like to use my Wiz3 Ele3 Wl2 more in the future, as well as, possibly make a summoner class (Sorc, Necro).

I understand that Heart of Glory is the be-all, end-all for MATK based users. However, being a returning player, chances are slim that I would be able to craft-- let alone acquire the recipe for this weapon. Should I save practoniums for pract 2 weapons? Is it worth even making a pract 1 weapon? Mace? Rod? Staff? Are pract 1 weapons even worth trandscending, upgrading, etc?

All advice is appreciated, thank you!

for FF 2 I dont even recommend using practo weapons. I have a +11 pervordimas rod and can reach 3k+ magic attack with buffs. This is sufficient for a ff farmer so save the practo.

1 Like

windia rod is good for summon based classes due to spr but even i am not very sure if the additional spr is better than a practo staff’s magic attack. I cant say for sure because i dont play sorcs yet

1 Like

Vienza(Whatever exact name it got) mace is pretty good if you plan to use it on multiple character.
As the int bonus and Max/min attack on it make it really worth it, Better than windia if you plan to not transcend too much.

If you plan to transcend your necro/sorc weapon, more Matk is better as only weapon Matk work for summon x Spr

1 Like

If I were you I would go for a pevordimas rod and share it with all of your wizards. As it is not an end game equipment you do not need to transcend it plus the extra slot for dagger/shield could really help you out during farming sessions especially your thau. Use this weapon to farm for your end game weapons which would be your orange weaps.

However, if you really want to have a prac 1 weapon because you feel that the pevordimas weaps aren’t strong enough to sustain your journey, Vienarazis Mace is the best option for you. It wins windia rod in almost every aspect, even when both are transcended to the same level (windia rod only wins vien mace at stage 12, which is practically impossible to achieve). Most people who went for Windia Rod only want the SPR it gives anyway, and since you’re looking for magic damage Viena Mace is your best friend. Viena Mace also surpasses Viena Staff in total magic attack, but only when both are untranscended. Since you would want to share your weapon with multiple chars, it’s obviously not wise to transcend them since it makes them untradeable. As such, Viena Mace proves superior over the other 2 wizard weapons.

Also if I were you I would save the practs for the pract 2 weapons because like I said earlier I would use pevordimas rod as a temporary weapon. I think that with enough patience and dedication the pract 2 weapons aren’t that hard to get at all. Yes it will take quite some time but it’s worth it in the end. But if you do not want to save it because you want to get your hands on a pract 1 weap, there’s a solution too.

If you do wish to get a practo 1 weapon, you can just trade that practo away for an already crafted practo 1 weapon, use it to farm for 1 more practo and your orange mats, then trade it away again for a practo and craft the pract 2 weapons. It’s not worth to craft them anymore since players everywhere are trading practs straight for the completed piece of equipment.

And yes it’s worth to upgrade your 315 HG weaps or pract 1 weaps since it will be quite a long time before you farmed enough for your pract 2 end game weaps. Transcending is also worth it as every bit of extra damage helps, plus you can always extract the blessed gems anytime. Just keep in mind that you’ll only receive back 90% of the original amount of materials though. Also don’t transcend the item if you plan on sharing it.

TL;DR : Get pevordimas rod/viena mace, upgrade it, farm for 1 more prac and orange mats, trade viena mace away for 1 more pract, craft orange weap.

1 Like

You can also trans your 315 blue twice. It takes 8 gems. When you dismantle it, will cost you 1 gem. So you will have a 40% buff for the maybe 2 months you will farm and it will cost you a single gem. Not too bad.

1 Like

thanks a bunch, will definitely be taking your advice :smiley: I didn’t even know weapons become untradeable when you transcend them.

sounds good! will probably just use a pevordimas rod until I can get pract 2 materials :smiley:

btw, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply!! Your help is greatly appreciated <3

vienarazis mace is very strong weapon

almost same damage (or even better) as vienarazis staff unless u trans them

it’s the best weapon till u ready for regard horn staff

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.