Tree of Savior Forum

What to reset to? Priest2 or Diev2 -> Monk3? At a loss with all the new changes

Returning to the game and I am kind of at a loss with all the new changes. The first thing I noticed is that I have a load of gems and random monster mats in my inventory, what should I do with them, taking up alot of weight in my inventory?

I am currently lvl140, Cleric 2, Priest 2 and Monk 1. Full str with Arde dagger, cafrisun set and a normal sword. I kinda screwed up my priest skills as I have blessing at 7 but now that we get free rank reset scroll, I am considering resetting my Monk and go at it again but either as Priest 2 or Diev 2?

If I go priest2 it would only be for monstrance buff, resurrect revive and mass heal and lvl10 aspersion for the physical def buff.

Diev2 on the other hand I’m not sure if it is worth it as it seems like the best buff is on Diev3 and I plan to do Cleric 2-> ??-2 -> Monk3 -> inq1

I am not gonna go kabba1, ora1 as it seems developers are finally looking to buff Monks so I am sticking true to the class. https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=810 Look at all those juicy buffs! reduced charge time for kamehameha, stamina reducing attribute for double punch, and golden bell finally seem to be useful skill without the ridiculous cooldown.

Oh and I am probably gonna stat reset all my str points into full dex with maybe 50con. I am not gonna reroll as I already did all the hidden stamina quests, hidden chests collection up to this point and wouldn’t want my achievement to go to waste.

And what about C3 Druid lycantrophy? Is it viable at end-game? Beside Monk character, I also enjoy playing shapeshifting characters in other games like D2 werewolf druid.

edit: last question, do you actually need to be Monk C3 in order to equip the Monk C3 costume if bought from the tp shop?

People play diev 3 mainly for Ausrine, until diev c2 the support capacity is okay, because of CDR and silence. The owl is useful on breaking wheel since it’ll increase the aoe damage, but without any matk it’s useless (five hammer works well with that).

I personally chose priest 2, because as a monk you won’t get int, that means your heals won’t be really effective, so mass heal gives you a decent amount of support capability, and revive + resurrection will make you sure to find parties where you will be needed.

Blessing and aspersion are meh if you’re str/dex or not priest c3. Blessing scales with spr/int, so yours will boost at best up to 140 additional damage, and there is plenty of people selling aspersion/blessing at max level that can give at least 280 (there is someone in Fedimian that gives 705) making your buffs almost ineffective.

Since you play str, monstrance is no use for you (I play full dex so monstrance is 90% of my interest in priest), so considering diev 2 isn’t a bad choice either, you’ll have carve attack which is physical and still be a great support with correct heals.

And yes, you do need to be monk C3 to wear the costume (I have it at the moment), but I recommend that you do not purchase it, because it is not complete. It misses a fighting and stance animation that all other C3 costumes have, except ranger C3 too. There is the animation change on double punch, but it’s really not much.

Thanks! Actually I might plan to do a stat reset in the future when I get higher level and go full DEX instead and for this case I’ll probably pick Priest for the insane DEX buff. But right now I got around 190STR for leveling… Im starting to add dex though just to see how a mix of STR+DEX will work. For priest. sometimes I find it a pain to have to constantly recast buffs which is why I was considering going Diev 2. But like you pointed out, Diev is better with a magic class huh…

As for the Monk’s C3 costume, are there any word that they will be adding the missing animations and stance? Or is this it for us itos version different from ktos costume?

They are planning on reworking stats, STR and INT in priority, so you could also wait and see if you really need to go full dex.

And indeed it is kinda annoying, the buff lasts for a small 25 secs, you have to re-cast it almost permanently.
Mixing str and dex would be a great idea, even more if you do not have the means to socket a five hammer, since you gain so much dex with monstrance, you could balance the amount you lack and put it into str.
You’ll be effective in both type, but master of none. (Still more effective than full str I’d say…)
Diev would still be effective because the cooldown on energy blast is kinda long… So it would indirectly increase you and your teammates dps, and carve attack is a nice 4 or 5 true multi-hit with 3 overheat. Also, free warps!

I got absolutely no idea about the costume. It looks like in kTOS too it is the same as us, let’s just hope they’ll add something if they see that they aren’t selling very well.

Thank you so much for those info! Didn’t know about STR and INT rework but I’m glad they are looking into it considering everyone seem to be going full dex right now. Need to make STR more attractive.

And yes I really find recasting sacrament, blessing, revive, divine might, monstrance, aspersion and stuff annoying. I mean, anything that forces me to constantly keep track of my buffs timer is annoying. Even more so in dungeons where you need to do so for the sake of your party’s efficiency.

And no I don’t think I have the luxury to get five hammer. I just only returned to the game today with not much silver to spend and to my surprise, WHERE DID ALL MY GEMS GO? I don’t remember ever dying and not picking back up my gems. They simply disappeared… Oh god I leveled from 1 - 145 without using a single gem and now everything just disappeared.

I am also surprised to find Suncus maul (lvl170 hammer) is now so cheap that I immediately bought it.

I am leaning towards getting Diev2 over Priest2 now. Any recommendation on how I should distribute skill points for Diev2?

Lastly, does excrulon mod addon manager still work? I see that he is no longer updating his mods but the last time i played ToS, his addons really make a lot of QoL that my 100% map exploration life got so much easier. Any addons you would recommend?

I thought pardoner’s scroll and buff shop don’t carry over the extra blessing dmg from their spr/int …

Yeah, at first when going priest you say to yourself “well at least I won’t have to pay anymore for those buffs”, but it ends costing even more for less efficiency, so you end up still purchasing buff and casting yours when you have nothing else.
I lose a lot of DPS when taking times to cast all the buffs when they expire (can take up to 10 sec), and it’s even more punishable since monk is a spammy class.

Suncus maul is okay if you can’t get five hammer. Try farming at DP2 for gems, it’s a cheap and pretty fast way to earn silver and gems at the same time if you’re lucky enough, but if there is a warlock in the channel, just give up.
But when you have your 5 level 5 gems, go get your five hammer and you can consider it as your endgame weapon.

[details=Diev skills]Statue of Vakarine : Since you’re cleric C2 and you have divine might, just get it to 1, cast divine might and you’ll have an extra warp for a friend.

Statue of Zemyna : This one is meh-ish but on the long term it has its effects, get it to 5 so you’ll have 100% uptime.

Statue of Laima : The effects do not increase by leveling the skill, but it increases the duration, so 5 too for 100% uptime.

Carve attack : Leveling the spell increase the damage but not that much, i’s more for the chance of material drops, at least 1 point in it.

Carve owl : 5, can have a taunt effect, deals good amount of DOT and since last patch it can’t be pushed back like other statues.

Carve world tree : More a PvP thing but still useful against casting enemies, so 5.

You’ll have 8 points left, you can spend them however you want on the other skills, it’ll work.[/details]

I got so much add-ons I can’t tell you which one to take…
But Excrulon won’t update his mods, others still do it, even though it’s rare.
New add-ons keep coming, which is an awesome thing, so keep looking at the add-on manager and install the ones that you got interest in.
Careful though, some aren’t compatible with the game anymore because of updates.

I really don’t know how it works but I recently discovered that if you buy blessing 2 times from a seller, it’ll double the bonuses. That’s how we got someone giving +705 on blessing on Fedimian, others are between 280 and 500.

1 Like

Ummm yea I just got one for 350+ dmg.

Well I’m going priest3 route and Im getting blessing 15 (since blessing has hitcounts and they could run out in dungeons where leaving and coming back might not be too convenient) ; but still I would just buy aspersion, sacrament and blessing from pardoner. So Im only getting aspersion 1 and sacrament 1

rest of the points into mass heal , revive, stone skin :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Aotsuke]Yeah, at first when going priest you say to yourself “well at least I won’t have to pay anymore for those buffs”, but it ends costing even more for less efficiency, so you end up still purchasing buff and casting yours when you have nothing else.
I lose a lot of DPS when taking times to cast all the buffs when they expire (can take up to 10 sec), and it’s even more punishable since monk is a spammy class.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was exactly what I thought when I went Priest 2! (Long before Blessing started scaling with SPR/INT) In the end as a Priest 2 Monk, I got subpar buffs that ain’t even worth using over buff scrolls from pardoners.

I never thought you would recommend leaving carve attack at 1 and raising Zemyna to 5… For Carve attack, the increase in damage does appear to be really minimal nor does it increase additional hits, but it does make farming those wood faster. As for Zemyna, is it really worth it over simply using SP pots? Unless IMC decides to buff zemyna with stamina recovery? Yeah that would be awesome.

Thanks man! You were a real help to me!

Even when leveling it to 5, you still have a lot of points left, so better in this than nothing, it’ll also help your teammate, not just you, mainly fencers spamming their 0 cd spell, you almost cut by half the SP cost. With 5 points, you’ll be able to have the statue permanently.

It will save SP potions, because let’s say it reduces SP cost by 16 per cast, sure, one like this looks bad, but 16 + 16 + 16 + 16… etc, you understand my point? Just like blessing, One hit giving you 330 additional damage isn’t much, but 330 here, and here, and again… It ends in a huge change of things. I like to call these “snowball effect”, you see their strength over time.

For carve attack, you can level it if you want, but wood already costs close than nothing, by killing monsters that drop silver you could say that it indirectly gave you wood.

I never went priest C3, but I’m pretty sure this is the best way if you invest INT and SPR for blessing, if you don’t, get aspersion.

Are you taking this to r8? I can’t emphasize enough how different r8 is to anything you’ve experienced (assuming r5 is the highest you’ve reached). You can’t keep using suncus maul. +2 to monks skill does close to “nothing” except for [golden bell shield] since that skill reduces cd per lv. You are a damage dealer and damage comes A LOT from gear now.

IMHO monk3 is still not worth it even with the new [golden bell shield]. What are you really getting with [golden bell shield]. You are getting a 2 sec block for yourself every 9 sec (8 with dm and 6 if you insist on suncus maul). Because this is 2 sec, you may not even get any use out of it. Monk2 does “nothing really”. [energy blast] damage is still too low for what you have to do. Not to mention monk2 and 3 is competing with WAY better options (miko and druid to name a few).

Speaking of druid, I direct you to this thread for information on a “superior” version of a monk 3. This build basically trades monk2 and 3 for druid1 and 2 but does it IMHO better. Why? Here are 2 very prominent points:

• you get a passive 50% crit rate from transform. This is very flexible too (read here for more info on transform passive effects)
  • you get a better IMHO invul in [sterea trofh] and the frog safety zone

Finally (not to belittle your work) you are rank5 and it would be “more efficient” to just reroll. The thing is, because of the gem update and the headgear costume update, it is really really bad to go into STR. It is made even worse by trans gear.

That said, if you have a stat reset, it isn’t worth using on an r5. To give you an example, you can get from 50 to 90 just from 3 runs in the 50 dungeon. 3 runs in the 90 dg will put you well over 100 and in which case missions will fly you to r5 just like that (since dungeon and mission xp is permanently double what it used to be).

If you don’t mind all that, go ahead and reset (keep in mind how limited a resource stat resets are though)

I did ever consider going C2>Diev2>Monk1>Druid3 for Lycantrophy + double punch. When R9 and R10 release, I would go Monk3>Druid3. All that base damage from Lycantrophy would get added to Monk’s double punch and energy blast but of course there will probably be better or new classes for the picking…

I am kind of betting on IMC buffing Monks as they are already looking at it right now, not just the golden bell buff based on this quote from the balance talk: [quote=imc]At the same time, there are still some problems, some pointed out by the players themselves, that we still need to work on to make sure these skills are having an appropriate influence in the Monk class.[/quote]
So I really feel that the developers are aware of the current Monk situation.

Reason I don’t want to reroll is actually I want to keep my achievements. I won’t respec my stats yet either as I wait for the STR/INT rework.

Haha I think I’m really set on going Monk3 despite all the warning signs telling me not to. x_x

I guess everyone should just play what they feel they will enjoy and leave the balancing to the developers as no class will stay as “fotm” forever.

Not how [lycanthropy] works. The 5469 atk you see on a lv 5 [lycanthropy] tool tip is how much atk werewolf skills use and not a buff given to you in werewolf form. Bottomline, it doesn’t get added to non werewolf skills.

Also, werewolf is expensive. 2% sp per sec is just too much (at least without the boss card from ET 5F)

If you’re dead set on monk3, I doubt anyone can really help you because aside from the released changes, no one really knows what’s in store for monk3.

About achievements. It’s kinda too late to say this now, but I’ll say it anyway. They aren’t worth doing because classes are so volatile.

ToS “right now” is about building a function based tavern of alts all supporting a “main” that doesn’t exist yet.

Ahh so that’s how Lycanthropy actually works… I can forget about werewolf kamehameha.

I see what you mean about creating alts to support a main. Initially, I actually considered using the rank reset to turn my current character into a priest3 pardoner2 for spell shop selling buffs… I guess some people might find enjoyment going through all that trouble creating alts to passively earn silver while offline and all…

But in the end I thought to myself I just want to play the game and have fun, not turn it into my second job… So yeah I’ll just reset into C2, Diev2, Monk3 and hope for the best. :frowning:

I main Cleric2-diev2-monk3-inquisitor (level 329 right now just cuz no need to rush to 330) around 1200 hours played on that char only.

also before i settled down on that char i had build 3 more monks to 220+ to see what I like and not like

I had C1-p3-monk3, c2-p2-monk3, c2-d2-monk3, and a c1-p1-d2

c2-p2 and c2-d2 are the only two viable options in my opinion. p2 is more support, d2 i9s more dps/utility,

I liek diev2 since there is a carve attack (pierce type damage), silence, -20% CDR. also nice free teleport.

priest works good for full dex cuz of +30% dex from moonstrance. and diev give you 20% CDR for energy blast, and rest of the good skills. + owls are not terrible with no INT still do damage in r8 content even though I have next to 0 MATK