Tree of Savior Forum

What to get in the Priest tree?

Hey everyone,

I’m returning after years and really enjoying the game so far. I’m staring at a skill reset potion that’ll expire in a couple days so I figure I’ll use it and redo some mistakes in my build.

Here’s my build as it stands: https://tos.guru/itos/simulator?tinyurl=y6vq8z8x

What I’m thinking of doing is moving out of Cure and Fade in the base cleric tree to boost my smite damage a bit more. I honestly don’t have much in the way of offense and so I still find myself using it fairly often when the two Paladin attacks are on cooldown. Though is that a mistake? Should I keep one?

The other real question, though, is about Priest. At first I was using Blessing and Sacrament because I was doing auto attacks and the damage provided by those used to be quite hefty. Now, however, the damage is very minor (what’s 2-3k dmg when my skill hits do 20-50k) and doesn’t seem to scale well, plus I’m not really using auto attack and neither are the people I regularly group with. I opted instead to go into Monstrance and then cap out Resurrection and Revive since it seems quite handy to have those both be at 50% health when triggered/used.

What I’ve been debating is whether or not I should actually reconsider my stance on at least Blessing. Should I do Monstrance at 5/15 and get Blessing back to 10/10? Does blessing add damage to my skill attacks as well and I’m just not noticing? Or am I right in that once you hit somewhat higher levels (I’m about lvl 300 right now) that the damage isn’t worth it?

Any advice would be great!

Is this a PvE build? If it is, here’s my suggestion:

• Yes, max Smite. Conviction makes it deal ~80% more damage, and it’ll deal +150% damage on demon/mutants as well, so it’s actually a decently strong skill against such targets. This will be basically your only damage skill. Cure 1 and Fade 1 are not that useful, maybe Fade is interesting to do quests or ET floors you don’t fight, but its certainly an unecessary luxury.

• 2h Mace won’t be that great in your build, you have too little damage skills to make good use of them. A 1h mace + Shield would benefit you better with tons of pdef / +10% healing. Demolition is, unfortunately, a terrible skill, it’s maybe only useful if you have Zealot + Immolation to reduce enemies pdef while using it, but that’s not your case.

• Sanctuary is also quite bad, so I’d recommend Resist Elements, which can actually reduce a lot of damage. If you use monster gem, max attribute and divine might, you can get 80% damage reduction from earth/lightning/ice/fire (on top of your defence), that is absurdly high. Maxing it means losing points on Conviction or Restoration, though.

• Blessing and Sacra are still decent buffs against enemies with tons of def. When you/your party dmg gets reduced back to 1~20k, these small buffs make a difference. Monstrance isn’t too bad though, so it’s really a personal option.

• Yes, keep Ress / Revive max. Aspersion also needs to be max as pdef is super useful. Mass Heal + Restoration gives you tons of healing, now you just need damage reduction for you and your party, to prevent instant-kills.

• Blessing adds damage to your skill atks as well but it’s negligible if your skills deal 50k+ damage (what is +1k damage then?). Again, it makes difference mostly against high def mobs.

• Your build is basically a full support. Don’t really expect to deal any damage that will be comparable to real dps classes. If you wish to deal more damage, you’ll have to sacrifice a class. Priest is obligatory for a support class, so if you want to deal more damage, you can do: Paladin + Priest + Inqui (60% support, 40% dps) or Zealot + Inqui + Priest (60% dps, 40% support). The former has tons of heals and good dps against bosses, but somewhat bad AoE dps due to lack of skills. The latter has great AoE dps, decent dps against bosses (great burst but weak sustained) but makes supporting trickier as you have to keep Fanatism up to keep your dps steady (thus you can’t heal yourself). These 2 builds actually make using a 2h blunt more worth it.

1 Like

Super helpful, thank you so much!

I don’t mind only dealing minor dmg with Paladin and Smite and otherwise being pure support. Good point on 2h vs 1h, I got a returning player event 2h mace that’s +10 and max everything and stupid good so I’ll probably continue using that for a while, but next weapon replacement I get I’ll go 1h and shield.

Resist Elements is a good idea, and I don’t mind sacrificing some of Restoration honestly since my main source of healing will be from priest anyway. Also good to know about really high end mobs later and their defenses, wasn’t aware of this!

Overall, thank you, this gives me some info that was much needed to really put my build together fully.

1 Like

Thanks for this post. I’m currently lvl 367 And playing Druid > zealot > inquisitor but I’m starting to feel like not supporting as a cleric in some way was a mistake. I think I’m going to try swapping Druid for priest (i was going to take oracle eventually) to support. If I keep using 2H hammer then do you recommend plate armour? Also any special equipment I should be seeking out or just get the best quality I can and find a Healthy mix of SPR/STR?

I would recommend forgetting about STR. It gives negligible physical attack atm. I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but it’s a complete waste of stat points.

Either go for CON or SPR. If you want to support better and heal better, go for SPR, of course.

Zea + Inqui + Priest is a great build imo. Good dps and good support. Immolation increases damage on bosses by a lot for up to 10 seconds too.

I recommend staying with Plate. Most mobs deal physical damage and Leather is just too risky because of the much lower pdef.

A cheap, yet effective, gear is Agnis. Gives +50% skill factor to Immolation, which increases it’s damage by a lot. Of course you’ll want to switch that later on for something better, but it’s super cheap for a begginer. Go for the highest patk weapon you can find on market. I suggest Primus Raffye because it’s super cheap now, try finding one that gives SPR and ditch some trans / refine into it.

Wow thank you for the insight towards the build. The gear and stat points is expecially helpful because I’m getting close to 380 so I’m about to gear up.