Tree of Savior Forum

What stats to invest in for Bullet Marker skills

People tell me that DEX is not worth investing in, but seeing my crit damage got me thinking. Is it really not worth it? Will ataka make up for the crit damage missing?

because of damage calculation formula, the physical attack from STR will give a bigger crit output than investing in DEX.
Everyone is telling you that is not worth, why keep theorycrafting?

Depends on your class and your capability to crit consistently.
Example: Using Two handed sword on a HighLander you will get 50% bonus physical Critical attack, making it overlap the damage you would get with red gems instead of Yellow Gems (Or having more DEX than STR).

Another thing you can take into consideration is that some skills scales their animation with your attack speed, So building DEX helps making you casting your combo faster.

Its a situational thing and most cases STR will prevail.

For attack speed you can get the cap with 900 dex, but due the lag and the formula dont being linear, you cant fell anything different above 700+ dex. And for crit, dex really dont overcome str, because physical attack is what count in the attack vs def formula making you “ignore” enemy defense.
1100 phys attack + 0 crit, do more damage in crit than 1000 phys attack + 200 crit.

28k physical do more than 26k physical + 4k(becoming 5-6k depending on your class) critical tho?

Saying that it “always” beats, needs some calculations, because just because your base damage shows 2 times in the formula(one for the damage and one for Attack/Defence inside a log10^0.9), does not necessary means that it will be a enormous difference. And its way easier to build up critical attack for some classes/builds.

Again, its a situational thing, and if you want to min/max something, try taking a look at it.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.