Tree of Savior Forum

What is Thief class and why I want it?

First of all I want the readers to know:

This topic is all based on my personal experience and opinion.
I have not played the game yet, I’m not beta tester but I did watched other people played on Youtube.

Let’s get started~

Thief class? what are Thief class? some say it’s that class that can hide their existence from others, some say it’s that class that poison enemies and slowly watching them die evil laugh and some say it’s that class steals and loot a lot of money from enemies.
There is a class that can do what a Thief class does, Rouge and Scout can cloak and hide, Wugushi can poison enemies, and Corsair can loots and stuff, but still Rouge,Scout and Wugushi still in the Archer class and Corsair are still in the Swordsman class, they still use bows and arrows and swords to attack, I have heard that there is Ninja class hidden but that’s different from what a Thief class is, What does make Thief class special anyway?

Imagine yourself in a fantasy world, you can’t do spells, you don’t have a great archery skills, and you’re not really strong! How would you ever survive in a world filled with monsters? I guess you have no choice…

You: desperately run away from being captured
Lady: THIEF! THIEF! HELP! A THIEF JUST STOLE MY NECKLACE!
Villager:DAMN THAT THIEF! YOU WILL PAY FOR THIS!

After running for a few hours you finally got away from the villagers, you sold the necklace to someone and use the money to buy some food.

Your Little Sister: Brother/Sister, you’re back! hug you
You: giggles I’m home, I bought some food.
Your Little Sister: Yay~ we will have dinner tonight!
You: how’s mom?
Your Little Sister: silent for a while she’s in her room.

You go to your mom’s room, you are sad that she’s been sick from an unknown disease and lying on her bed since 5 months ago.

You: Mom? How are you today?
Your Mom: …calls your name slowly
You: I’m sorry, I’ve been doing a lot of bad things lately ever since dad disappear, sniff I’ve stealing a lot of things just to take care of my family, sniff I don’t want to do it but I have no choice! If only I was smarter I could have been a good wizard, if only I was stronger I could have been a swordsman, if only I was good at archery I could have been a good archer…I’m sorry! I’m just a useless child!
Your Mom: tears hold your hand i…it’s …o…kay…

Suddenly, your little brother come to your mom’s room and yelled “Brother, this is bad!”, a wild monster starts rampaging in front of your house, you quickly grab a kitchen knife and attack the monster to protect your family.

You: ARGH! stab the monster
Monster:…
You:What?! His skin it’s THICK!
Monster: ARGH! punch you away
You: Dammit!
Monster: charge to you
You: dodge it’s attack Heh! TOO SLOW!
Monster: UWARRGH!!!
You: stab the monster again I may not be strong, I can’t use bow and arrow, and I can’t do spells!
Monster: tries to punch
You: dodge it’s punch NO ONE! CAN KEEP UP WITH MY SPEED! stab the monster again one stab is not enough!? How about ten more stab! Hundred more stab! Thousand more stab! I’ll stab you death! rapidly stabbing the monster thick skin

After 1000 stab on the monster, you finally defeated the monster…

I’missing the point here, the point is Thief class are anti-hero class that is really quick at running and attacking, and have high evasion chances more than other class but have really low damage, they can’t do archery, spells or swormanship but they move really quickly to attack enemies rapidly with a dagger or any small melee equipment and hope for the best, that’s what I think about what’s so special about Thief class and I hope there will a Thief class instead of just being Archer-Scout-Rogue,Archer-Wugushi or Swordman-Corsair.

1 Like

Hmmm… One more thread about the Thief class “missing” in this game.

Interestingly, a few years ago I saw the same happening to other MMO. This one had thieves, but no archers…

Anyway, I believe that players are so used to seeing stereotypes and generic classes in MMOs that when they don’t see the same (boring) “ACSTW classic pack” (Archer, Cleric, Swordsman, Thief and Wizard) they always start to complain.

I hope that when you have the opportunity to play, try classes we don’t see in generic MMOs and like them so much that the absence of thieves can be tolerated. :grin:

1 Like

Yes it is interesting, Indeed.

Like you said a missing Thief is tolerable but a missing archer?!
What do they have for shooting class? there must be shooting class right? or maybe the game is built to theme of no arrow,magic or healer just swords?(SAO sucks, don’t argue with me about this anime).

I might blinded by nostalgia or like you said “so used to seeing stereotypes and generic classes in MMO” but that’s how MMOs started, they all started with Archer, Cleric, Swordsman, Thief and Wizard, and they all have their own unique abilities like Archer the shooter, Clerics is the healer/tanker, Swordsman is melee attacker, Wizard the magic user and finally Thief the fastest class, even when one of them are missing in a MMO they always have other classes that have the same abilities or even mix two of them to make one class, they always had a shooter, healer/tanker, melee attacker, magic user and the fastest.
Tree of Savior don’t have “the fastest” class, even when there is you have to be shooter (Archer-Scout-Rouge) or a melee attacker (Swordsman-Corsair) and to me there were just not fast enough to be called “the fastest” , I know I said “even mix two of to make one class” but this is different story, being the shooter and the fastest at the same time is different from being the shooter then the fastest, it’s different because if you are an Archer and Thief you had can have all attributes of both class at the same time right on the beginning to the end, but if you are Archer then Thief you have attributes and abilities of an archer then you can get attributes and abilities of the Thief later on that is when reach the right level and you have leveling again to gain your maximum potential, let me explain more, an archer usually need dexterity and a thief need agility if don’t have then they need strength, imagine you become archer so you need high dexterity but suddenly you become a thief but you low on strength, you have to leveling again to gain maximum potential unlike if you are Thief and Archer at same time you don’t have to do all of that because you already have that right on the beginning,but that’s just me and my opinion, let’s just wait for the open beta because I haven’t played so I don’t know but still want a class is called “the fastest” and I don’t have to be Archer or Swordsman.

Besides, the game was about bringing back the old nostalgia with a better core-gameplay and graphics right? if it’s not then I don’t know anything to say…something new isn’t so bad? I don’t know let’s wait for it’s full released.

ughh… not another one…

Guys please, this game has historical roots like literally REAL LIFE based classes and I tell ya criminal class can be basically EVERYTHING.

If you really wanna be a thief then just go become a scout/rogue or corsair/shinobi or cleric + fade and scam people… See? Problem Solved :+1::+1: :smile:

@soraskey1_0
your talking to the mmorpg developer that made ‘theif’ class a HEALER in their previous MMORPG

previous mmorpg by IMC games

this is a
#HEALER

http://ge.mmosite.com/gameinfo/character/class_scout.shtml

Scouts are quick healers and battle assistants. Although able to wield small daggers, they are best used in a complimentary role to the main attackers. Scouts can resurrect, heal, and even set traps at higher levels. Scouts are extremely quick and able to quickly escape a battle field. - mmosite.com

look at that stats it shouts theif… but no IMC say it a support it buffs and heals your other characters. DEX also scales with HEAL. Bonus that they are armed with Daggers. though they heal more if they are equipped with Rosary.

after all doctors use sharp thingis to HEAL patients!

the 4 classes suffice in practicality, but really they should change the swordsman name to warrior.

The class that scrubs and children usually play and dye red and black if they have the option?

2 Likes

So no thief class in any IMC games?
what a bummer, but I’m still looking forward for this game :smile: