Tree of Savior Forum

What Is The Best Circle 3 Squire Build?

I want to make a circle 3 squire for the swordsman and i was wondering what the best ranks and skills were for it. Its very easy to mess up and choose the wrong classes since just one wrong choice can make my character severely under powered.

I would prefer a pure dps build if possible (mainly cause i suck as a tank but im still open to it) although if you have any other good ones im open to suggestions. I know that mine will not be as good as normal builds since the squire will be purely for the crafting aspect which is why i wanted to ask.

Thanks for any help.

No One Has Any Suggestions D:?

I dont get what you mean with “craft”

Each Main type has a crafting class. Clerics have Pardoneers, Swordsman has squire and wizard has alchemist. Each of those have their own crafts and can even set up their own shops for scroll/buffs, repairs/maintenance (It gives equipment buffs) or lets you make potions etc. Technically archer has fletcher but its a passive skill instead of one you level up to be able to make better stuff.

Guess no one has any x.x

Squires tend to go the tank route because you’re spending 3 ranks (the 3 squire ranks) without taking a single damaging skill.

They usually tend to go something with lots of peltasta or rodelero (aka full tank)

If you are sure you want to build a DPS squire though, I would probably suggest highlander C3 or barbarian C2 since they’re the most obvious choices for DPS swordies below rank 5.

Both barb and highlander skills will fall off at higher lvls (you can’t really expect rank 1~4 skills to deal damage at rank 6+ content). And you might start to struggle already with rank 5.

For the highlander route you get skull swing which is a GREAT debuff against bosses, thus even if you don’t deal much damage, you still have that utility.

For the barb route I’d recommend taking peltasta C1 so even if your barb skills don’t do much later on, you’ll still have swash buckling to tank a bit and pretend you are a full tank.

I mainly suggested a dps because i have never played a tank in any mmo before. But if you can be a really good tank despite going for squire 3 then i suppose its a much better idea then a passable dps ^.^

Which route do you think i should do?

I love dps but if they really end up being hard near endgame with only a few ranks besides a maxed squire i dunno if its a good idea.

This guide is particularly nice, but I’m going to tell you, leveling a pure tank can be very slow and it might help a lot if you have friends to play with you.

It will start getting especially painful once you hit squire. (and yes, it will already feel slow through peltasta)

It’s a bit outdated (doesn’t include rank 7 yet) but it should do the job.

at the moment, squire is not bein played as a “main character”

most people either make a Pelt>Squire = tanking / supporting.
but they end up using this character for AFK shop.
it’s not helpfull not in dungeon, not in grinding in most of the good places aswell.
only good for fields… so untill they make squire better… it is an AFK shop character…

so i’ll say if you want to main squire… full tank with best tank option 0 dmg is the “best” build.

but you can take a DPS class like Pelt1>barb>squire
to make progres of leveling faster so you don’t waste too much time creating your squire.

My archer is my main charactor A1 > R3 > F3

Im leveling up the other 3 purely for maxed crafting ^.^

so yea ! i highly suggest you pick pelt1 to help in party and make overall everything better.

and then take offensive route to level up fast… best would be like I said barbarian for it’s good seism.

this way you won’t have problem clearing the early game content, aswell as tanking for parties to carry your levels up for later levels.

in that guide was posted, there is a suggestion and build path for that. I believe it’s sword>pelt>barb2>squire3.

imo, just me, building a DPS with Squire C3 in it is not useful. Losing 3 ranks on a crafting class would render you almost impossible to go to the DPS route which requires a synergetic combination of at least 2 DPS classes.

That’s why people going Squire tends to go tank route since everyone taking at least Peltasta C1 could become a tank with Swashbackling and be useful to the party.

Or at least if I could suggest in case you want to go DPS with Squire C3 that much, go Corsair. At least Jolly Roger would bring usefulness to the grinding party.

But I still suggest in the meanwhile that you couldn’t grab Squire at earlier ranks, get at least Peltasta C1 or you’ll just have to abandon this character for the non-crafting role when you hit level 200+ content.

Sword>peltasta>hoplite 2>squire 3
Its enought for you to solo a lot, especialy becouse finestra will add crit rate, block +20% (Good if you build con), and +3 AoE ratio wich is awesome.
Its a solid build to tank in party (not magic damage)
And can solo decently with stabbing and auto attack. For status STR and CON add weight limit so building both is viable, you chose, hit harder or last longer/block more.

We are on the same boat here. but the difference maybe is I have one more DLC so I can actually switch stats.

and I plan to do peltasta 3 squire 3 but STR CON (STR as dominant) so I can lvl alone then grind the Dungeon runs for more level. (matchmaking) until 200 then Reset my stats to full tank.

base from all the data I found here… the demand of tank on lvl 220 ++ are high. well I don’t know if that is true… my main char is still at 178. so I need to reach that level before I can confirm.

sowrdman c 1, petalsta 1, hoplite 2 ?
could you talk to me more about that build, is it really useful ?
i am going Hoplite 3 and Squire 3, but i’m starting to think that a hoplite 3 Does garbage damage for PvE since aoe range is poor, Debuff such as bleeding, stun, knock back, and Etc from hoplite also seem useless concidering you only hit 2 to 4 mobs at the same time per skill + the fact that the probability to make the monster receive debuff is low as it is while the rest of the party is Going over the other mobs as you hit only a few at a time. this sounds more like hoplite c 3 is perfect for pvp builds alone.

am i stuck in a dead end or worth continuing for full pve build with this hoplite ? honestly i been looking over the forum and what called my attention the most seemed to be petalsta 1 and hoplite 3. is it a good Dps build ?