Tree of Savior Forum

What Is The Best Circle 2 Alchemist Build?

I want to make a circle 3 alchemist for the wizard and i was wondering what the best ranks and skills were for it. Its very easy to mess up and choose the wrong classes since just one wrong choice can make my character severely under powered.

I would prefer a pure dps build that works with it if possible although if you have any other good ones im open to suggestions. I know that they will not be as good as normal builds since the alchemist will be purely for the crafting aspect which is why i wanted to ask.

Thanks for any help.

• Pyro 2/3 > Linker 1/2

• Cryo 1/3 > Kino 1/3

• Cryo > Linker 2 > Sorc

• Cryo 3 > Sorc

• Pyro1/2 > Linker 1/2 > Sorc

I think these are the best ones, is still a pain to level an alchemist to rank 7+.

1 Like

I figured.

Leveling any crafting class to max is probably decently unpleasant later on.

Which one do you think does the most burst damage?

I prefer burst aoe myself and despite reading up on mostly every class and skill in the game i still have no clue which are the best for my style x.x

From the way you put it you would probably enjoy Wiz > Pyro 3 > Linker the most.

Pyro 3 is getting buffed and now hell’s breath has an attribute that makes fire skills hit 50% harder, some sort of Pyro’s quickcast attribute. Also Pyro works very nicely with Linker and right now Linker 2 is not a need anymore.

I’m going Cryo 3 > Kino for my alchemist and I think these 2 are the best options.

If you consider buying a Temple Shooter card you might also consider Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc, it’s very good and Temple Shooter provides a huge damage burst for alchemists.

Thanks for the help ^.^

Also card?

I thought those were just a mini game thing that did nothing?

Unless you dont literally mean the literal in game cards you get when you kill a boss lol.

—> Moderate Noob Who Loves Asking Questions

Some classes are able to use them to summon pets, Necromancer gets the same pet for whatever class but Sorcerer can actually make the boss itself come out.

Search for youtube videos or forum topics on sorcerer and see if you like it.

Thats awesome.

Thanks again :smiley:

Pyro3 Linker1 is probaly the fastest way to get there and has pretty good solo potential at least till lvl200

It will however make a gimped DPS character that won’t bring much to group play when you reach r7. You will basicaly be a r4 class with a basic lvl5JP. But if you have a Thaumaturge friend, this duo can work very well for a long time.

The before mentioned Cryo3>Kino1 isn’t as fast imo but has good CC and has the Wall combo burst. I honestly prefer Cryo1>Kino3 instead, but it’s kinda similar.

Some people prefer the support role, so they can at least help out at 225+ content. Linker3, Linker1>Thau2 or anything in between is a decent support. But more than ever you will have to rely on others to level.

Long term I’d say Pyro1>Linker3. You’ll always be a subpar DPS if you’re going into Alch2 (unless alch3 is kind of a game changer), so I’d rather be a solid support. You can argue Cryo1 is better for a support path when compared to Pyro1, but there’s no need to make your life any harder. It’s not like people want you in parties because you have a single circle of Cryo.

You could argue that a DPS build for alche might be viable with later circles, but then again, Rank7 classes outshine previous ones in both base DPS and scaling alike, so if a good DPS class comes at Rank8, you can still pick it after Linker3, and it’s still be better than having a Pyro2/3 in the mix.

Yeah, Linker 3 can also work but I really believe it’s too much of a pain to actually do this.

Mostly during 95% of your game you won’t have that many targets to link.

I really hope Alchemist gets some sort of Acid Demonstration from ragnarok, but maybe AoE, huge burst with item consumption, looks possible but not a reality right now.

I’ll be Cryo 3 > Kino because Frost Pillar helps a lot in party playing and I can melt bosses even with an Alchemist build, but for general grinding I still believe Pyro 3 > Linker overcomes it.

With Pyro1, I don’t feel it’s that bad tbh. I usually clear around 8 or 9 linked mobs with only 2 fireballs, and I’m doing 1:1 INT/CON, but I’m not 200+ yet. Although at 200+ you should be pretty much partying up and being a support.

Going Linker3 doesn’t mean you’re expecting to be linking 10-11 all the time, it just means you’ll be able to link everything you see most of the time; that’s not really a downside, especially when Life Link is actually the main pull of Linker3.

I’d say Cryo3 is the other possible build. Gee_Banter is going Cryo>Linker>Thauma2 with moderate success as well, but I still believe Linker3 to be the superior path long term.

Even if Pyro3 gets the buffs from kToS, it should still be a sub-par DPS compared to other builds, I really don’t the see the point of gimping oneself that much for the sake of convenience.

Im fine with not having anything for 200+

I just want the maxed alc for stuff.

By the time they add another crafting class past this they will have class reset potions and then it wont matter.

My only problem was having enough dps to be able to hit 200 so i can get a maxed alc ^.^

What about Wiz3>Elem2>Alch2? I’m dont sure how strong Elem at c2. But pyro totally sucks. I just don’t like his skill design.

what is the strongest build end game for an alch? I’m agreeing with you that takling pyro early on can aid early content but later on, will become a liability. A supportive role could probably go further but I’m confused on how to build one.

I’m agree with you. This build will suit for you if you want to become DPS for soloing. But later on, some say it’ll difficult to get a party or leveling and grinding alone at late game. That’s why some people build their alch with some skill that can support their party.
As for me, cryo3>kino1 is better if you want to survive at late game and I like the combo ice wall + preasure :smiley:

Elementalist is only good at C3.

How many of the people saying Pyro sucks have actually played one to 200+ to know how bad it scales?

Actually it does a lot of hits and just got a major buff, for soloing and fast leveling purposes it might really be the best way, remember all you need for alchemist is to get to your final rank and that’s it.