Tree of Savior Forum

What is the advantage of being a mage? (Against archer)

Hello, the thing is, I am between wiz3ele3wl1 and this archer build, that seems so be arc1qs3sct1sr1.

Please look at this video: https://youtu.be/MsHLK4w8Dpc

So, this archer seems to have high aoe, utility, mobility, and even more dmg than a mage.
And as a mage I would have to wait for the cast time of some skills, and also for the cooldowns. An archer seems to do more consistent damage, so I guess mage is a burst class? (When I say archer and mage, I refer to the builds I posted)

Also, what skill is that archer using to kill that mobs? It seems even better than fletcher’s crossfire, but I can not find what it is in the skill tree. Thanks for the answers.

1 Like

there is no advantage aside from cc i believe, i think wiz is completely unbalanced.

That’s why many wiz go for support: linker, chrono, thauma. Only wiz3ele3wl can barely survive as dps

more focused stats. You dont need to balance str and dex, and can raise con more with out sacrificing damage output as much compared to archers who tend to lean more into the glass cannon side of things.

Not as dependent on latency as most archer builds

more cc and support options for hybrid builds

Mage throws spells.
Archer throws arrows.

In the end monsters die. Play that class you feel comfortable with.

Well, since I like both, I would prefer the one that does not fall of late game, at least until the “fix” comes.

Thanks for the answers.

Easier Pvping Experience (not as wiz3ele3wl1 though)

SR is a retreat shot shooter as you see in vid.