Tree of Savior Forum

What if Alchemist can throw potion on party members?

Think about it, Squire and Pardoner have their respective job in a party play, but Alchemist dont. Won’t be a nice mechanic if you can throw potions on an AoE to your party member receive the effects? Or throw Venon on enemies?

~Sorry, english is not my primary language :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

16 Likes

This is why Alchemists do not share their potions :

They are too strong.

9 Likes

Like some kind of…

potion pitcher…
<ugh!!>

:sweat_smile: :sweat: :pensive: I will go jump off a cliff now…

THROW the potion is too much ragnarokish… I don’t like it, but it would be interesting some support skill using its potions.

3 Likes

Supportive skills that consumes potions would be nice. There are potions we can make but are untradeable and therefore can’t be sold, making use of these in combat would be incredible.

Ragnarok’s Potion Pitcher works like a single targeted heal; i think that a skill that consumes say, 4 HP/SP potions and creates a circle on the floor that recovers HP/SP of all allies standing on it for a certain amount would be nice as well.

There are several things that can be implemented to make Alchemists more party-play oriented, but ImC unfortunately seems to think that doing stuff in towns is good enough. If this is the case and we’re stuck with our current services for ever, at least make them useful.

The problem with Alchemists is, even the stuff we can actually do, we can’t do it properly due to the horrible numbers we have and the fact that all the good stuff is actually a gamble. Awakening is worthless unless you get crits or defenses, Briquetting is unreliable as hell, Gem Roasting is okay, i suppose, but there’s no point going above level 7-8 for now, Tincturing is the best thing we have but i still feel that the HP potions should heal more, we got nice protections and enhancement potions tho, which is nice. Magnum Opus can be useful sometimes. Combustion, Alchemistic Missile and the Homunculus are a joke. The Homunculus AI needs to be improved or at least create a system that allows players to control it and it’s skills.

2 Likes

When i said “throw potions” i was thinking in a more minecraftish mechanic, where u can throw damage or heal potions, just simple as that. I agree, the hp potions shold heal more, and would be nice if only the alchemist can use this improved potions. This would make alchemist a nice class to have im party, and a really active class, the potions could have less duration in allies, meaning we need to be more affective in the throw command.

~Sorry again, i know, my english is a joke.

Lemme introduce you to some of my friends for your idea…

If they were given decent combat skills, I’d prefer it to be more on the side of Transmutations than Potion Pitching.

In-combat transmutations just seems cooler

lel

since its alchemy, why dont make it another buffing skill like squire foodbuff (as far as throwing potion is concerned)

this time, its nutrition buff

skill name - Dietary
create nutritional food/solution that gives temporary buff to stat. (Depending on food/solution type) (default 10minute) (buff cannot stack unless you learn attribute)

type of food available
-Protein Shake - buff X Con for Y duration.
-Chicken Essence - buff X Int for Y duration
-Red Bull - buff X Str for Y duration
-food for dex
-food for spirit

attribute 1

• longer duration by X attribute level, max 30

attribute 2

• able to stack buff by X attribute level, max 5

something like that…

huehuehue

1 Like

i dont understand, what is the problem of a throw potion skill? just because ragnarok have a similar skill? whats the problem? its cool and work as fine. I searched in topics about the throwing potion skill, and always people start linking RO skill, as if RO is the fkin ONLY rpg that have a throwing potion skill.
At least 80% of this game is from other games, if you want a original class system with original classes too, sorry but you r asking too much

Maybe,instead of a new skill,alchemist could craft untradeable potions that would be thrown when used.For example,they craft a explosive solution and add the item to their hotkey.When the item is used,they get an area to thrown the item like when using hail or flame ground,once released,the item is thrown at that area or they would immidiatly thrown the item at the target monster used for AAs.

Each solution could require an atribute to learn and its level depends of the atribute level like the magic amplification potion works.

Some ideas could be the explosive,flamable or poison solutions for damage and healing areas like said above for support.Maybe they could also thrown their rank 3 potions which increases hp or sp and hp regen or sp regen too.I know I would make an alchemist for combat if that happens :stuck_out_tongue:

Skill name: Throw Potion

Throw a volatile potion to deploy its effect on the targeted area. Leveling the skill increases the duration of the deployed effects. Effect’s potency depends on the quality of the potion used.

Grenade Bottle: Set the ground on fire to inflict continuous [Fire] damage with a chance of inflicting Burn status. Stacks with Flame Ground.
Acid Bottle: Pour corrosive acid to inflict continuous [Poison] damage with a chance of nullifying enemies’ defense (strips upper and lower armor in PvP).
Tear Gas: Deploys a lachrymatory agent to inflict continuous [Earth] damage with a chance of inflicting Blind status. Stacks with Rogue’s Lachrymator.
HP Potion: Deploys volatile curative to gradually heal allies HP in the area. The healing effect persists for 5 seconds outside of the area of effect.
SP potion: Deploys volatile curative to gradually heal allies SP in the area. The healing effect persists for 5 seconds outside of the area of effect.

Using the skill Combustion will detonate any instance of deployed Throw Potion. Grenade Bottle, Acid Bottle, and Tear Gas will deal 5 hits of damage. HP and SP Potion will instantly heal 50% of allies respective HP and SP inside the area.

Hidden synergy: Allies with a swelled body parts (Thaumaturge) will receive double the effect of thrown HP and SP potion.

1 Like

Bruh… Throwing consumables was FF Tactic’s Chemist highlight half a decade before Alche even got to Ro.
Heck even the Atelier series which started at the same year as FFT has potion slingers up to this day.

2 Likes

This looks too overpower, maybe just potions but with the freedom to share with party members, i think it will to positive for the class (y)

You’re right lol maybe the HP and SP is enough, but we still need to fix Combustion so I think Throw Potion being a combustible tile sounds pretty good. The synergy with thaum is needed to bring it to Linker and Chrono support tier.

Here’s my idea from a different thread

How's this

[Toss Potion] skill added at Alch C1
^ Toss a potion to recover allies HP in designated area and deals damage to enemies.
^ targets: 2+[skill level]
^ HP recovered/damage: Base potion effect+[skill level]%+[potion level]%
^ [Toss SP Potion] attribute, recovery priority changes to SP from HP, catalyst item changed to SP potion.

What I’ve thought of:
Combustion
-2oh
-150%matk
-18 sec cd
-Combustion:Pyrite Ore Detonation
Detonates raw material on the ground.
^deals extra 15%matk per Pyrite Ore on the ground
^sp usage +20, cd +2sec
-Combustion:Dust Explosion AlcheC2 req.
Use ‘Refined Pyrite Powder’ as enhancement catalyst for Combustion.
^increase damage from 150%matk to 300%matk
^increase aoe
^cd +10sec
Dig
-Dig:Pyrite Ore (max lvl5)
^4% chance per attribute level to dig out a Pyrite ores
Tincture
-Can now create ‘Refined Pyrite Powder’
^5 ores+ “X” item(?)=1 powder

Pyrite Ore Detonation was modeled after Sapper’s Detonation.
Dust Explosion was was also based on Sapper firepower attributes.

Acid Spray , Unstable Concoction , Greevil’s Greed , Chemical Rage

because if they did, they would be imitating Ragnarok online 1 way too much ?
i’m half joking, i don’t know xD

Eh, when you’re at the point where a good 60% of the spells have an identical name and/or same effect as in RO, better keep going…