Tree of Savior Forum

What happened to Wizard's damage?

Hey everybody, I’m just curious if I’m the only one who noticed this but are wizards just visibly weaker now? in terms of damage it feels like the damage they deal has been cut down severely.

or am I just missing something? I’ve tried a lot of permutations of wizards but it seems like

i’m not very sure, i am a cryo sorc shadowmancer. everything else seems to be more powerful for me. except for my shadow condensation skill, which is mentioned to be nerfed in the patch updates

About half of the wizard classes are really good, and the other half is either weak, utter trash or just too gimmicky/have limited uses.

Adding to that, many of the good classes don’t have good synergies with each other. Dark Wiz, Elemental Wiz, Summoners are more or less isolated from each other, with very few overlapping classes. (such as FF being good for both Dark wiz and Summoners)

If your wizard feels weak, I can see 2 possible issues:

1. You simply don’t have the right gear/ichors. Example: Shadowmancer requires the Diffuse Reflection Vaivora to be good, without it the class severely lacks in dps.
  2. You tried dipping into multiple “categories” of wizards, and ended up weak due to the lack of synergies between your classes.

maybe depending on the build. pyro-ele-tao is still burning everything at a fast rate.

If you lose hope on your dmg, pm someone from top dps on WBR chart.

Nah, I know how to build wizards, I’ve been playing as a wizard for 3 years. I just felt that there’s a lot of changes that made me feel like wizards got the short end of the stick

Ele tao pyro/terra CM easy to rank 1, SM or sorcerer damage top bossing if not comparable to other branch, pvp fell down with latest patch but still strong, GTW still the best aoe killer/cc.

:man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Wizards are very good, and there were many changes. My recommendation would be to ask some of the wizards who rank highly in WBR.

If you were away for a while though, know that it comes down to gear. There are synergies and there’s some loose rotation for most wizard classes (and very strict ones for others), so if your damage feels low it’s probably comparably bad gear.

Well… wiz isn´t Godtier anymore like in the early days of the game…

what’s a GTW? I don’t really know what that is.

Well Boruta seal did get nerfed in the previous patch so this might be what you’re feeling.

Also nowadays if you want to deal actual damage with wizard you need either Tao, FF and/or SM depending on your build since they’ve got the biggest damage amps.