Tree of Savior Forum

What do you think about tanks?

I’ve made a cleric 3 paladin 3 kabbalist 3 full con with some spr.
Is cool on PvP for ein sof sanctuary and barrier I can mitigate a lot of dmg, but I want to talk about pve
Do we really need a tank in our party, I realized sometimes a tank can be useful (challenge mode and new raid dungeon) and sometimes a waste cause dps loss.
I have 230k hp 10k magic defense and physical, I could tank marnox for my whole party also sanctuary help to mitigate the dmg your ally take.

They aren’t needed in the current format. This is about as tanky as you need to be:
https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner#1133444fff.3555.3a4a65.1f2e3f71.1d214f5a7581

Using Lolopanther plate and an Emengard Shield.

Unfortunately there is really no content in the game that requires a tank, not to mention tanks aren’t actually very tanky to begin with (most of the tankiness comes from support skills so they’re really just supports with more HP)

I built a Cleric 3 Pala 3 PD 3 full INT for Barrier: Devotion + Healing Factor lv 15, it’s a very interesting build as you can take damage for your whole party (and not die) while still dealing nice damage through Black Death + Incineration.

Most Paladins will pick Inqui or Zealot, those two classes however don’t have any survivability buffs, which makes it really hard for you to survive while in Barrier: Devotion. Devotion + Fanaticism is definetly very suicidal.

Barrier: Devotion unforunately is not necessary by any means. There’s barely any monster that hits hard enough that makes the party actually require a devotion paladin.

Sanctuary can also boost your DoTs damage. Black Death + Sanctuary hits slightly harder than Black Death + Transmit Pranah (but requires you to channel Sanctuary). I’ve also found out Cure lv 15 + Sanctuary hits like a truck, since it deals so many hits so quickly.

I’ve found Sanctuary to be very good at HG 340 since many mobs there take additional damage from Holy property.

Biggest problem with the build is the overall lack of offensive skills for your rotation. You have to sit down a lot to wait on skills cooldowns.

Certainly not the best dps build, but very tanky and fun to play with (even when tanks are kinda meh).

only play tanks if you want to rub it in peoples faces that they lost to a trash class

1 Like

pelt-murm a trash class? I dont think so… also that video is pre-historic, try doing that now…

2 Likes

tank is obsoleted because of hp/con gears, transcendance and various of defensive buffs.

i think it is ok to say tank role is dead in this game

That’s actually got nothing to do with why tanks are obsolete. It’s because nothing in the game is actually threatening and hasn’t been for a long time. The only time tanks were maybe useful is when high level magic damage mobs could actually kill you in a few hits if you weren’t a full CON Swordsman with maximum magic resist gear and Barrier, and even then they weren’t necessary because even instant kill mobs can either be instantly killed themselves or CC’d before they can kill you.

Speaking of CC that’s another role that tanks could fill in this game except IMC decided for whatever reason to give the “tank” classes the most pitiful CC possible. Rodelero has an entire kit of skills that have some kind of stun/knockdown/etc. but they all last for like half a second and have a tiny hitbox and low AoE ratio while Cryomancers can freeze an entire screen of mobs practically forever while also gathering them all up into a convenient blob.

1 Like

Literally nothing has changed retard, and pelt/murm is not a good class autistic little sh1tter

Pelt rod murm isn’t a good class? LOL

If you’re not performing well with one of the top swordie builds there’s something wrong with you…

Enough said…

hurr durr i have opinion on class i dont play

could not be more retarded

Yes, you do play… or did 1 month ago…

pelt isnt what makes murm a strong class, it is hoplite/rodelero + shinobi that makes it good. Pelt has a bunch of throwaway abilities like shield lob.

to be fair pelt has 6 good skills but 3 of its best skills are at c3 which is really bad since there are better options at c3-c4 rather than pelt 3 even as a murm

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.