Tree of Savior Forum

What do we need to be a good game again

24/7 pvp arena for pvp lovers… the groundwork is already there with the creepy klaip event it just needs a little tweak + apply the same skill constraints in TBL.

1 Like

Different arenas For solo PvP and tbl? Cool! is gvg a thing still?

Here, I did a little research and found some topics where you can find some opinions you might be interested in:

https://pastebin.com/SGbZyiQj (didn’t want to spam thumbnails here)

Some of them are really old (some go as far as feb’16), and TOS came a long way since there, but IMC has so much yet to learn.
TOS is a good game overall. It just has poor customer service, administration and development.

2 Likes

More people with more knowledge at IMC’s office.

3 Likes

Just delete all classes and give all the skills and attributes to clerics.

1 Like

Also this…

@windysama already made a post similar to this… (no wonder this tread feels familiar) :thinking:

2 Likes

Would be nice if our customer service rep. Didn’t have 100’s of tickets to answer.

Would be nice if they became a little more dependant on their players.

Ex: big items from events should have a max of 5 chances per team, or character. But after the event planning is done. Think about how a player who doesn’t use hacks or cheats, can get the event done.
Then leave 1 gm online each server and pay attention to shouts amongst many things. Shouts have so much information being leaked often.

If they can link me with that thread that would be awesome. :smiley:

What do we need to be a good game again

Actual game content

1 Like

Informing IMC that they can listen to their small playerbase

1 Like

More popolion emotes in the forums.

5 Likes

New maps new mobs? Different way to play? Events?

Yes.

The new content they have been teasing will help, but we need open pvp maps as well as meaningful GvG content.

in order to have more people playing the game, i believe they should shrink the power gap between paying whales and casual users.

2 Likes

First of all, good job IMC with the changes to class damage and the upcoming itemisation change for this year. Thank you for listening to the community to make the game better.

Off my head there are 2 things in which the game (am talking about when iToS is patched to the new r9 patch version) needs. The 1st can be done rather fast so I’ll post it, while the latter will have to wait till the new R9 patch to see how it is as I only have limited experience in the new ToS in kTest.

The need for new blood/Saviors in iToS

As most of us know, ToS is leaking out players. The number of new players taking up the game isn’t enough to cover for the number of players leaving. Unlike other editions of ToS (Korean, Japanese, Indo, Thai etc), where Nexon can target the local market directly with paid advertisements from traditional marketing channels such as TV ads, magazine ads and stuff, having iToS served over the Steam platform makes it hard for IMC to use such means of marketing to reach out to the international audience.

But it doesn’t mean that there isn’t anything that can be done to help market iToS to a wider audience.

Suggestion: Make use of Steam’s platform to advertise - DLC with discounts

Everytime a player logs into steam account, they will see this section. Many players often only know the game when they see the game’s sales panel pop up on their home screen.

To make full use of this, create a DLC content which ties in with the upcoming festive season (Xmas/New Year is a good one). The DLC can be something like the following:

Tree of Savior 2017 Xmas Celebration Pack (max 1-3 redemptions per ToS account)

• Unique Festive Costume M or F (can’t be traded in market)
  • Unique title which ties in with the season
  • 1 month token
  • x8 EXP tome x2
  • Tier A - Attribute box x 3
  • Warp Scrolls and potions
  • New 330dg entry token x 4
  • Starter equipment kit (1x random blue 350 equipment)

The pack can be set at a price of $19.99 but given a discount of $10 (50% off) during the festive season just to get it into the Steam sales category. This creates the following pros for the game in terms of:

• Advertising in Steam by creating more awareness to the game. More players purchase means more chances of the game hitting the front page in the trending sales list.
  • Pack’s DLC nature means it can be gifted, makes good starting gifts for players to introduce to their friends
  • A form of gift from the company to the current players as a form of appreciation, something which is different from gacha
  • A way for the company to make money besides selling TP.
  • Having some items and equipments from the upcoming R9 patch will help generate some hype although players can’t use it legit~ly yet (level requirement).

=========================================================================

The 2nd item which I felt ToS has more room for improvement is the general pve mechanics, specifically on quest bosses, field bosses and world bosses and also questing in general. Currently after the damage balance patch, the entire game is basically just “tank and spank”, which makes most if not all fights the same and dull. With the new level rework for dungeons and the forever active “new player level event” the need for questing is diminished.

I’ll reserve comments till the R9 patch comes out though, as what I suggested might already be done in R9. I did fight against the 330dg boss in ktest and I love the new boss fight mechanics. Hopefully all the new bosses will follow how the 330dg boss is done. Due to my non-existent knowledge on Korean can’t really comment on the quests and storylines T_T, so this really have to wait.

15 Likes

Better comunication between IMC to the players, fix bugs quickly (hi attributes bug). Real endgame not limited by daily farming and that feels rewarding to do. More activities to do apart from grind/kills mobs all day, idk, add some skill such as mining, woodcutting (taking runescape as an example lol) so you can gather some low lvl materials and with better lvl in the skill better the material to gather.

Open 24/7 pvp arena, battle royal mode for fun and without rewards. Add more puzzle quests/maps that need 1 or more people or even partys to complete it.

1 Like

I’m surprised no one brought up redoing the game engine/code from the ground up to actually fix crappy performance and probably a lot of the bugs they have no idea on how to fix anymore. If they can’t provide content within a reasonable amount of time anyway they should just close the game up and reopen it later on while keeping player progress to some extent

1 Like

All they would need to do this is nerf transcendence again and make it boost the damage/defense on equipment slots instead of the items themselves. Stage 5 at +100% is good enough, doubling the damage/defense is fine. Tripling it is still too much, and the time investment is astronomical and boring.

Also cap upgrades at +16.

If they do this, they can remove the arbitrary nerfs to damage in TBL, and actually balance their game.

I think most of the community has given up on IMC actually fixing the terrible net code in their game. If they do anything I will be pleasantly surprised.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m missing the :seek: emote here