Tree of Savior Forum

What country do you think the TOS servers will end up being hosted from?

What country do you think the TOS servers will end up being hosted from?

2 Likes

MURICA because … murica… :smiley:

Where in america though? Eastern, Western?

2 Likes

why is this in the feedback section?
see @Kojiro what I mean

well I guess you are meaning the International server, because the different region server will be on the specific region, but the international I guess will be as many mentioned in america

why do you want to know that? do you want live there?

First of all calm down, there’s no need to be such a tool. I asked a very simple question and fair enough it was on the wrong section of the forums but you didn’t have to be so negative about it. Yes it does matter frankly because i get 170 ping from Los Angeles and 270 ping from New York.

2 Likes

Maybe they’ll put it in Central? :confused: well either way we’ll find out later. Not sure if anyone knows atm though.

1 Like

Thank you garrenett :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, I know people do that, most of people dont even get the trouble to read the forum categories, but Im just try to be positive and maybe they learn or just keep being lazy. (´ω`*)

1 Like

Ive heard that east coast is the most strategic spot for general International ping. So if that is true, I’d say there is a good chance east coast would be the thinking.

Damn that would suck! i get much high ping from the east coast then the west!

@Kojiro ok i get it, you guys don’t have to gang up on me to get a message across, i put this in the wrong section by accident. My bad, my god…

2 Likes

I am calm, just joking.

you seem to take it bit too serious ._.

Ok, so good luck ith that. Σd(´∀`)イイ!

Just to point out this has been posted before.

[This one][1]
[and This one][2]
[1]: Server locations?
[2]: Where is SERVER LOCATION of CBT3 English ver

As for the topic, It’ll most likely be in NA or USE.

2 Likes

As far as I am aware, IMC is going with Amazon Web Service cloud servers for hosting International TOS.

I’m not really that knowledgable about cloud servers, not my area of expertise, but Wikipedia states

AWS is located in 11 geographical “regions”: US East (Northern Virginia), where the majority of AWS servers are based, US West (northern California), US West (Oregon), Brazil (São Paulo), Europe (Ireland and Germany), Southeast Asia (Singapore), East Asia (Tokyo and Beijing) and Australia (Sydney).

I imagine they’ll go with US West or US East. Considering they are using EDT as the server timezone it’s looking like it’s going to be hosted in US East.

Sorry for not giving sources, I am just going by things I remember being said all over the place. Take with a pinch of salt.

2 Likes

Thank you Skendya! Very informative.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. Forgot to add a source. Here’s where they mention the choice of servers:

We are currently undertaking various tests to decide where to locate the servers for the international testable version.

Possible candidates are Amazon AWS and a few overseas service providers. We are looking for the most optimized solution so that we could secure stable Pings for all our fans. Furthermore, for our overseas fans to register securely and conveniently, we are currently developing a feature to register via Facebook and Google+ accounts. By the time when we are finished developing the feature, we think that we will be ready to open up the test server.

We think that one server location will not be enough to cover all territories, so after reviewing our first test results, it is very likely that we will decide on our 2nd server location.

lol, relax.
I’m pretty sure WoW used to stick the aussies in east coast battlegroups for best pings before we got our own in Aus.

No expert here, but I think we’ll be ok :grin:

1 Like

When servers are put into a viable place with low ping, it is nice. I also hope when there will be scheduled events, they will take account about different time zones. Living in EU and fortunately not jobless, it will be hard to play a woe at 3am or 9am.

I just looked it up out of curiosity, turns out the Au battlegroups were hosted from LA, but they were using Eastern Time… So I duno lol.
Yer pings to West US from Au look like 175+ and East US 225+ for the fastest. =/

Will be interesting to see what the pings are in iCBT.