Tree of Savior Forum

Whale: What is it?

I’ve heard players refer to other players as “whales”. What exactly does it mean to be a whale? Insane godly gear through RMT? Thats what I’ve gathered based on context.

Yes you got what it meant.

Apparently acquiring gear that have transcended values well beyond the possible timespan of this game + no sleep/work.

Not necessarily buying lots of silver/stuff through RMT, but that’s considered one of the ways to be called a whale.

Being an MMORPG whale simply is throwing tons of money at the game in whatever way possible, in order to get an advantage over other players by allowing you to amass a huge amount of in-game currency and good gear in a very short amount of time compared to grinding for them.

In TOS, it’s been known that besides the infamous RMT-ing, players can buy TP and purchase things from TP shop to sell for silver at the AH/market or player-trade for other stuff.

Does whale also including players who spent money in legit way without RMT?
reading above post seems it is but just need to confirm lul

Edit : NVM. that like button tho lol

1 Like

IMO yeah. I don’t really think it’s an offensive term, but each to his own.

Whales refer to anybody who spends a lot of money in a game (whether they buy from the game directly, through a 3rd site or from players).

It’s an offensive term 99% of the time simply because people who use it usually mean it in a negative way. Sometimes it’s in a more neutral way, simply a term used to more easily describe how much one spent. But yeah, more often than not, it means someone is spending a big amount and sometimes they’re even kind of mocked for doing so, or their achievements are looked down because they “just cashed their way up”.

:whale:
:whale2:
:tired:

Hence we had the stone whale event. Giant pinata for everybody to hit and experience dipping fps as a community

I think that if even the "supposed’ whales share all their tips to make legit silver, everyone will just finish with only 140 dungeon farming xD
I saw this situation in a lot of games.

Lol what its always offensive.
A whale is another word for a fat person. Someone who presumably is too lazy to “work” for things so they use money because they can’t be bothered to go through the “Struggle” of regular folk

It’s a presumption of lazyness that connects to spending money and being morbidly obese. Frequently the money is also assumed to come from ones parents or a credit card they can’t actually afford as the whale doesn’t have a job.

1 Like

Whale whale whale, what have we got here? Whales?

=====

Yes, your guess is correct and as substantiated by other posters.

=====
Whale done!

… Whale you stop this? It’s becoming over-whale-ming. Ok, I am whale-y sorry.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.