Tree of Savior Forum

Weird chirping noise in-game

New player here!
I’ve only recently started playing and I noticed that while I play sometimes an odd and repetitive chirping-like sound will start at random.
It sounds like what I’d assume is some sort of notification or something that serves the purpose of directing me to another thing perhaps accompanied by an arrow or a marker, but I can’t find the source of it on the screen or in-game and I can’t find a way to shut it off or stop it, or even to lower the volume of it. It continues even during conversations and cutscenes and honestly, it gets rather annoying after only a short while and usually ends with me having to mute the game until it stops on it’s own so I can play in peace. However muting it is rather inconvenient and then I miss out on all the background music and sound effects :’(

Does anyone know what this is, and how can I stop it whenever it starts up again?

is it the wizard magic shield or are you other class?_?

a video would be great if you can…

1 Like

Some quests can give notification noises even when doing stuff in other areas.

If you have any accepted quests that you don’t plan on doing immediately, you can try abandoning those.

1 Like

omg I am playing as a wizard! Is it really the shield? I noticed it gives off a buzzing noise but I didn’t think it was the shield since I’ve had it happen even without the shield activated.

ahh I see, thank you so much for answering! I appreciate it (My reply is super late because it decided I was replying too quickly and is making me wait, lol!)

I just know wiz shield is super annoying, but it could be anything like what Crev said
that’s why I asked for vid to better identify the source…

try the quest thing and if it doesn’t go away try make a video or audio clip of the sound…

1 Like