Tree of Savior Forum

Weapon Appearance Change Question

Hello everyone,

sorry for asking this question. I found a similiar thread with the search option, but since I am not a native English speaker I somehow didn’t really get the answer (there is also a chance that I am just dumb).

With the new Goddess’ Blessed Cube came a lot of appearance-change weapons. I never used one before, but really like the staffs and wondered if I should buy one from the market. However, I don’t know how they work and with R10 and new weapons coming, I am also a bit concerned. Basically, I want to know if the skin is “reuseable”.

Example:
I use an “Ebony King Staff” on my Raffye Staff. It then looks like the “Ebony King Staff”.
I then get a better staff when the new, higher-level weapons get added.
What can I do then?

1. Can I extract the “Ebony King Staff”-skin again somehow from the Raffye Staff to re-use it on a different weapon?
  2. Can I use the Raffye Staff itself to pass its appearance on, losing the valueable staff in the process but at least keeping the “Ebony King Staff”-look that way on a new weapon?
  3. Are both those things impossible and I would have to buy a new weapon appearance skin thing?

I hope that made any sense.
Related question: Does anyone know if the appearance weapons will ever get added to the medal shop? Especially if reusing them is not possible, it seems pretty counter-intuitive to basically erase them from circulation when new, better weapons players will want get added ever so often.

Thank you for helping!

1 Like

Hello, I don’t think 1 and 2 are possible so you need to do number 3. Here is an example of my Skull Smasher with Magas Mace appearance.

It says there ‘NO app chng’

You can change the 'changed weapon’s appearance again, but you CANNOT use it as an ingredient anymore. This is me trying to use Magas Mace as the ‘Appearance Material’ but the game won’t let me.

2 Likes

If you got trouble with English, you can always ad your main language on the post so people that speak it can answer on that language :wink:

And been dumb is not asking questions you don’t know the answer of…

Never stop asking :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct.

I also don’t think you can reskin the same weapon twice but haven’t tried.

1 Like

I think we can.

(but not 100% sure at the moment)

1 Like

Thank you everyone who answered and especially @Wooshin for the super-helpful pictures!

Now I understood for the first time what some of that red text at the bottom of items means. :confused: Randomly leaving letters out of words is not helpful for non-native speakers…
Also well, this is really unfortunate and now I absolutely don’t feel like spending any amount of silver and especially not the amount people ask on the market for those appearance-change items. There’s always a chance to get a better weapon than the one I use, so spending a ton on a not-reuseable appearance item seems really dumb. Guess I better save up for something more useful.

Again, thank you very much everyone for your input and fast answers! :smiley:

It’s possible, I’ve tested it but I forgot to put in the pictures.

1 Like