Tree of Savior Forum

We should have a GM voted by community that play the game

It’s a idea that I have that can save the game.
Reasons: That player can easy discover severals bugs/exploit and as a member voted by the community he’s going to be very close to represent the needs of the players, and he’ll be close to the staff enough to transmit everything to them. Notice that he will not be a god in the game that can give itens to everyone.
So… I’ll let everyone give yours ideas in there.
No haters please, if you don’t like the idea and think that you can give a better choice just comment in there/vote disagree.

• I agree.
  • I disagree.

0 voters

1 Like

We have GM that used to log into the game, now they don’t, at least, it’s been almost an year since I last saw a GM online.

They won’t spare anymore money for staff, they check stuff now through log or terminal console (it make me think that way since they only ban GS that spam shout chat).

This thread will probably be unlisted by tomorrow too, so be prepared to not have more people coming here to talk about it.

Things are bleak for us, they don’t say a thing except translate patch notes using google translator and fix after we point out something, and that is it.

1 Like

I agree but this needs a LOT of testing to not be exploitable.

Tends to be a bad idea. The only way you could do this is if you enforce that the person nominated to be a GM could not be a GM on the server they actually play on.

They’d also have to be completely anonymous, which almost defeats the purpose of having that community go-between. Rather than a GM, perhaps it would be nicer to have someone who is more like a forum janitor, can flag things for extra attention from a GM but has no GM powers themselves. It would too easily be abused. Everyone would accuse others of GM favoritism. It would be more drama than there is right now.

5 Likes

He’s not saying it should be a real GM. Which means no advantages: no backend, no access to special items, he doesn’t get to know news in advance or when things arrive, no GM powers, etc…
I also don’t see how they cannot be totally anonymous. They’d just have a second account where they’d only have one GM character, and their normal character.
Or you don’t even need any “GM”, just agree that a small group of players’ words would be taken into account more seriously, that they’d represent the community.

But anyway, I don’t think there’s any point to that. It wouldn’t work. Whoever this player is, their words would hold no power. Unless they can talk Korean and talk directly to the higher ups/devs, they will be ignored. Because IMC doesn’t care anyway. They’ve always had the possibility to listen to players, they don’t. And from the way the forum staff reacts, the bosses/devs also don’t seem to really listen to the staff or take what they say too seriously: “They’re really impatient and want updates ! - We should give them a little GM event. - They need something real, not an event !”.

2 Likes

In an older game I played, they had an advisor system which was a lesser system under GMs.
The GAs (game advisors) were actual players that would report issues directly, planned events with GMs privately, planned out lolbox contents for better sales, among some other things… so the GMs could focus much more on their work. And it was purely volunteer work.

It was actually a really good system… GMs don’t have the time to play the game, and also don’t really know things from our perspective… but we do. And a few more pairs of hands helps out alot too, obviously.

The only reason I’ve never actually pitched the idea to them, is because I feel 95% of this community is too toxic to be relied upon.

Only the forum is toxic, many of the ToS discords still holds healthy discussion and info-pooling.
Thing is, we had several well constructed threads regarding possible suggestions.

Nekorin’s series of:

was a well-constructed piece. It took the devs quite long to rework and see the problems of the old damage system.
However many issues now still get casually ignored despite well constructed feedbacks of a particular issue
.(dont include toxic/salty comments)

1 Like

speaking of cheating votes and fuc*ing monkeys

current merry me voting rankings: 24 hours before voting period ends
(winners by votes go up to 7th place)

6th place: 3 out of 96 votes from new accounts
7th place: 49 out of 94 votes from new accounts
8th place: 34 out of 89 votes from new accounts
9th place: 3 out of 77 votes from new accounts
10th place: 5 out of 69 votes from new accounts

2 Likes

The forum used to not be so toxic. But when you ignore and disappoint your players so much, when you don’t resolve their personal issues and bugs, when you let people freely exploit or cheat, etc., then usually people either completely leave or get so angry they become toxic. The forum is like a zoo because IMC never bothered to take care of it or the players.
Almost all the toxic players on the forum are angry at IMC, they’re not toxic for the lolz.

1 Like

A gm that represents the community isnt really needed, they just need to actually read the forums and…u know…do something about it.

1 Like

On one hand, we could definitely use a person who can represent the players better, on the other hand, I don’t fully agree with the “community vote” aspect of it. Let’s not kid ourselves, even if this “GM” doesn’t have any special privileges, there’s gonna be drama either way.

But really, I honestly think it’s unnecessary. Why? The only reason why some might feel that such a GM is needed is because it seems like our concerns are falling on deaf ears.

I believe our current staff has the ability to do this, to listen to our concerns and even address them and show that they care, but for some reason they just won’t. But you know what? I’d love to be proven wrong. If this is really not the case, please show us IMC staff.

A little off-topic:

About the fan art contest, ha,
I personally don’t take the voting portion seriously because 1: I’m a literal nobody on my server so I’m kinda hopeless with votes :wink:

And 2: [Fan Art Festival] Official Monster Mash Voting Thread! 🎃

As I said after the last contest, “limit who can and who cannot vote, especially since it’s so easy to make a forum account.” I really hope Staff Letitia took note of all our suggestions as she stated here: [Fan Art Festival] Official Monster Mash Voting Thread! 🎃

Which leads us back to what I said earlier: “Show us that you really are listening, IMC staff.” In this case, show us that you really “took our comments to heart” by making this current contest fair for everyone.

yep, I will point it out and make a thread about it soon. I’m waiting to see if there will be more activity to collect more evidence. I will pre-empt their results so that people can see for themselves how IMC chooses to act.

I also personally didn’t want to put too much weight on the voting part, but I was really enjoying watching the votes between me and Monstz come so close as we raced for 7th place. Then suddenly an entry blatantly using multiple accounts comes from behind, it just really killed the mood. I was honored to see my entry side by side someone’s whose entry was one of my favorites in the monster mash contest, it’s disappointing if they end up losing to an account duper.

EDIT: I really like your entry btw, the girls are cute and I got a good smile out of the concept. Musketeer guy has no idea what he’s doing

1 Like

I’d say the best they could do is provide us with a CM (community manager) who actively interacts with our community in the forums and the game to collect data and builds a bridge, at least between the players and the Staff [the players & the developers would be a better option,though].

Qualifications needed:

• fluent in Korean (best if he was a Korean living in South Korea, so he can partake in events like that Talk-Talk with the developers)
  • fluent in English (not on the level of providing us Youtube videos with speeches but at least enough to talk with the players and comprehend their feedback&suggestions)
  • has a direct information link with the developers so he can compare the developers work with what the community wants and give us information about what the developers think about certain issues

By hiring a voted GM, they will probably just make us and the person hired miserable, as I’ve already seen this concept in several MMOs (there was no public vote,though, just an intern Staff vote about who gets to be in charge).

However, those GMs never had any say or power, so all they did was basically infodumping on top of getting paid with ingame items/currency, having to cut back on real life for this kind of unwanted work, so the good guys quickly vanished and only the ones seeking for ego-boosting&corruption remained.

What IMC should provide to the CM:

• an account with unlimited access to Rank Reset/stat reset and “unlimited” attribute points so that he can test things and be a reinforcement for the community/developers claims [e.g. Class A is an underdog or Class B is totally bugged]

• the ability to test things with other GMs if possible, best would be in combination on an official test server[this would also make interactions with the community less difficult if everyone could just go play on this test server to meet the community manager]

That way the MC can not only interact with the community but also promote the game and help solving problems on either side.

I’d gladly pay 3 Euros per month subscription fee [should be enough to hire a full-time employee if we pool the money of 1-2k players together, something between 2000-4000 Euros salary; the person should not be underpaid so he actually has a reason to work hard for our sake] if we can get a dedicated person for us to allow direct information exchange and give us the ability to have insight on what the developers think about the game.

2 Likes

Aaaaaand you lost me. This would get so abused.

I know a bunch of people already reported a few of those and the accounts/votes were removed.

This community is so toxic that people feel like they need to cheat in a fan art contest. Like, c’mon. :joy:

They’re still doing it, it’s obvious since they made their intent clear early on. I just hope the staff is able to see the pattern that the multi account guy is using for like 80% of the new account votes the entry has.

1 Like

I really hope those who are caught blatantly cheating will be dealt with accordingly. I personally haven’t seen these suspicious entries yet (like what I said, I tend to not pay attention to the voting that much), I should take a look soon.

If IMC just allows it to slide again, that would be very demotivating for a lot of artists who chose to play fair and let their art speak for itself. That would be a shame because there are a lot of talented and clearly more deserving “real” artists out there (sorry, I don’t consider cheaters as artists.) Seeing them lose to cheaters is just… really sad to witness.

(And thanks. ;u; I was - this - close to not entering but I was having fun with my concept and I can’t help but share it with everyone.)

My thoughts, exactly. I partly blame that costume prize that they’re giving out lately. It’s actually a set of costumes, and you know how people are: The greater the rewards, the more they are tempted to cheat. Hmm, that seems to be a common theme this month. :thinking:

I will make a more informative post about it tomorrow, there’s activity going on right now and another rightful vote winner (with barely any votes coming from new accounts) is about to be taken out of top 7. It’s really disappointing how people can spit on fairness and the effort of other people just for their own gain but I guess that’s the kind of environment IMC is encouraging by allowing exploiters to thrive.

1 Like

Abused on a test server is fine. The job of the CM is not to play the game but to be the bridge between the STAFF/Developers and our community.
Maybe I should’ve been clearer on that aspect,as the CM needs access to a test server and an account there(they could even make an intern test server and have him present results online in the forum).

Testing on an official server is never a good idea (as we’re not talking about bug hunting but data collection [e.g. Class/skill efficiency testing to discover weaknesses and have the developers look over it for rebalancing])…

This is another reason why we need a CM, to work on stuff like this instead of the Staff that either do nothing, ignore their own rules and feign ignorance afterwards or act/react pretty slow/sometimes even seemingly disinterested in the issue.

Not to blame the Staff entirely, since we don’t know what their fields of work are (so we can’t blame specific persons for not doing their job), but someone hired especially as a manager of their source of income (i.e. us,the community) would do a better job and allow smoother progression.

While this could be a good idea… it won’t be.

Mostly because guilds would vote for one of their member and abuse that.
You just know it, it WOULD happen.

It’s not gonna do anything. The root cause is IMC. They are the one responsible for the uncompensated mistakes. Unbalanced skills and class. Not buffing nerfed skills. Inaccuracy of item descriptions. Bugs even if they are gazillion times reported. Practonium gimmick. Homo pets and costumes. Etc. Kim Kadarshian can run this game better.