Tree of Savior Forum

~ Way of the Warlock ~

Hello guys and girls. How are you? Hope you’re ok!
So I’m starting to play again (from zero mark!) and I want to build a Warlock.
I read some things about the class and this is what I have in mind:

Getting Wizard III (I, II and III straight): Quick cast Skill. People told me this skill is really good for a warlock and worth of getting.

Then

Linker III (the same path as I did with the wizard class): again linker’s skills shines when playing with a party. Is that ok? Is it good to go linker III?

Finally (rank 7 and 8):

Warlock I and II.

Will this character be good for solo and group parties? I rather be a “helper” than a “support” if you can get it :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance for the help ~
C y a .

I’m not a fan cause the focus of the build isn’t very clear (dps or support). Also, even at rank 8 you won’t have a reliable damage rotation and may find yourself running around waiting for CDs. However, it will be good for parties cause Linkers are extremely helpful.

IMO if you really want to build around Warlock, you should sacrifice any number of Linker ranks and put some more damage on it. Consider:

Wiz3 > Linker2 > Necro1 > WL2
Wiz3 > Linker1 > Sorc2 > WL2
Wiz3 > Element3 > WL2

Just my 2 cents.

Sorc and Necro are both horrible in the end game.

W3>L3>WL2 and W3>ELE3>WL2 are the best builds for wl for now.

The amount of mobs that can resist JP is begin to increase, so i don’t really like Linker 3 (and the “debuffer” in general)

And personally, i like Necro 1, right now you can link the boss with Dirty Pole to double damage of all AoE skills (like Flesh Cannon and Matesma, …) so it’s something

Please, people who don’t play Necro or Sorc builds 280+, stop saying what you think about those classes when you haven’t even FULLY tried them.

They are not ideal for ET because Frost Cloud beats anything there.

High mdef monster though, take full damage from Necro/Sorc summons because they have low pdef, on those environments both classes are useful.

1 Like

reach 330 and tell us if sorc/necro is good :slight_smile:

@ri0ti0ri

Did you reach 330 with a Sorc/Necro? If no I can not see how you are able to tell that and I’m not.

Again, as stated before, I won’t be grinding faster because you want me to show how good my build is on higher levels (despite being very good at Tymerys already)

@wizlike plays this build, I think he’s on warlock 1 atm, let’s see if he checks forum

but one thing I’ll say is that link+mm still destroys things from what I can see

moises nickname is Pipoco and his char is awfull at everything, he just like pretending to be good at foruns, rofl.

sorc and necro have 2 purposes now :
AFK farm > will be fix soon
PVP > they are pvp focused classes

stop trying to say they are good at pve coz they are not , doesnt matter if u have one, i have one too , MANY ppl have sorcs and necros and its well known that they are weak compared with real dps focused classes.

If they are hitting mobs with lower than mdef ( those 800~1.2k mdef types).
I would agree.

If they are hitting any thing above 2.3k mdef. Hardly Until then every wizard need to get a rod up asap at least a sup corona + 15 (60% and up) to be decent later part of the game.

Which will then still allow MM + JP to destory stuff. The cd is still way too long. And mobs are getting more link resistant when we go up. I notice all amber dog mob and etc are link resistant… so… lol.

p.s i had hell going through TSC level 3 hitting 1 damage on rub type (4k mdef? )eating up all my AOE ratio lol.

Screw tsc, I haven’t even finished it yet, I refuse to party to do quests.

anyway, as for wizards vs mdef, I’m sure most people know of this now why timerys is popular

IKR. well i finished with 2 of my charactesr ( priest and meme). It was hellish for meme since we are running ET meta ( during the post hats and shiet buff) lol.

My Archer is stuck at 3f.

Anyway there is a way to cheese pass. ( 2.2k pdef + 2.2k mdef).

every thing will hit you nearly 1 there. (my friend had a 2.3k def 1.8 k mdef) only magic mobs are literally scratching him.

Kids showing lots of bad manners these days.

Go and try 10% of the new players I’ve helped.

I do NOT recommend my build to new players who come seeking help, I ALWAYS tell them to pick either Ele 3 or Linker 3.

Yet you call me a bad player but have NEVER sent me a PM for the Duel I proposed. You say you know me ingame and know my character yet I have NEVER seen you.

Guess being a pro these days is not about the way you play anymore but about having or not 1 specific DD spell.

Anyway, I’m outta here, lots of guys talking thrash about builds they have never even tried.

And YES: My build is not meta, very good at PvP and good ENOUGH at PvE, say whatever you want but I’ve seen a Frost Cloud with ~1,4k matk weapon dealing the same damage/tick as my level 295 Templeshooter on high mdef mobs.

2 Likes

all do you is just talk why not prove us wrong?

I guess I’ll have to try it out by myself.
I’d like to thank everybody for trying to help me atm :smile:
Ofc I’m going to check all the classes you recommended and find my own path through this game.

Hi Shamour, I play this build (wiz3-link3-warlock2) and it serves me very well. It’s not a competitive top single target dps but absolutely kills it with clearing packs of mobs, both weak and elite. You’ll be a decent but not top tier single target dpser (buy pole of agony scrolls), enough to feel that you’re contributing, and linking is of course always awesome. Farming is easy. The biggest problem you’ll face at rank 8 and beyond is the increasing number of unlinkable mobs and high mob mdef, so you’ll have to put your warlock farming superiority to work and get a ton of silver to gear up appropriately.