Tree of Savior Forum

[WARNING] To all people about to transfer servers (check your alts!)

• Your alts may have received items to retrieve in their market!
    Remember, they gave us SP potions in a later patch through the market?

• Also, the market system is unique to the character, so anything you may have sold/bought or are still selling needs to be retrieved!
    (this also means each of your characters got a set of SP potions as a compensation if applicable!)

TL:DR - Check your alts. Tell your friends to check your alts.
Check your market and make sure stuff is out.

For more details,
Server Transfer Details And Conditions
[FAQ] Server Transfer

5 Likes

I don’t know how, but I can literally tell you’re excited/happy just from this post, because you never make threads.

More like panic.
It’s 1am and I’m double-checking and holyfuckmyaltshavesppotsIforgot.
Warning people and friends now.

I don’t know if you just lose your market stuff if you transfer without taking them out, then that would be fine.
However, if it’s something like having our transfer requests denied… well…
(they said “MOST IMPORTANT” when quoting the market retrieval thing)

they’re all trash pots, so if you lose out on them, it’s not that big a deal.

i mean you should definitely try and collect them, but it’s probably not that big a deal.

i mean, 900 basic sp pots? do we need this?

@tzxazrael
Did they tell us what would happen if it were left there?
I can assume two things.

A) We lose the items.
B) Transfer request denied.

I have to take their phrasing as literally as possible.
If they said it was a ‘requirement’, then by golly, I’m going to be clear that it means it’s required to transfer.

yea, this is not unreasonable.

as for the items themselves…

i think they said that you “risk” losing the items.
by which they probably mean: you’re totally going to lose the items and we won’t even care.

stuff in your character is in your team’s database, and will safely transfer with your character. this includes all characters on your team, and their banks, and team storage. it’s all recorded under your “team” database, which is what they are moving to the other server.

stuff in the market is all recorded on the market database. it’s referenced to your character, eg “listed by…”, “to be received by…”, etc… but is still part of the market DB, and will not be picked up and moved with you during the transfer.

hence why they warn everyone to get your stuff off the market, because they don’t want to listen to everyone who ignored the warning crying about all the items they lost.

i mean, i’m speculating, based on what i know of programming, databases, etc… and the way that they have described things. but even if i’m off on details, the function should be pretty accurate.

Could you link where they said this? (for reference)
I’m going to be out for the next 24h+, so if you link it, I won’t be able to update the top post with it til then.

in the various “FAQ about server transfers” and suchlike. idk, in the announcements forum?

I can find nothing that specifies such. (I did check before I posted this)
I had already provided links to the two threads relating to server transfers in the first post.

thanks @LaScoot, i had forgotten about my swordsman market, had silver to take out XD
I had already sent the ticket, would i need to resend the ticket for the transfer now that I dont have anything on the market?

Just in case i deleted my transfer ticket and remade it

@Truth-Seeker if you haven’t been transferred by now, you missed the bus. team transfers were back on tuesday.

@tzxazrael I’m transfering to SA, so i have until may 1st 23:59, but thanks for your concern

oh! hah! well, yea that’s a different story then.