Warlock Skills Queries

Just advanced to warlock and I have a few questions regarding it’s skills

My intended skill distribution is

4 Pole of Agony
5 Invocation
5 Dark Theurge
0 Mastema
1 Evil Sacrifice

1. Is evil sacrifice worth it? What does it actually do? Cast it and my spirits attack the casted area? Will it become obsolete if Warlock2 comes with the new skill that makes spirits follow the warlock?

2. Currently added 1 point into Dark Theurge. I’m thinking of putting 1 point to Pole and 1 point to Invocation next. From then on, which skills should I prioritize?

3. Does increasing Dark Theurge level increase the number of hits that it does?

4. Does Dark Theruge protect you from damage or anything? Like reduce incoming damage in any sort?

1. Kinda. If you have a high end DPS build you’ll make much better use of the spirit mechanic. Its already somewhat situational, but one point for the ability to direct spirits has its uses warlock2 won’t change this.

2. Max theurge always #1 priority

3. Yes

4. Theurge is capable of mitigating incoming damage, yes.

Sort of

sends all the spirits, including your allies’, on your flying to the target area. They deal damage (and disappear) when they touch something

Probably not since the skill seems to need you to get a bit close to the spirits. With Evil Sacrifice, the spirits just need to be on your screen

I’d say either Theurge or Invocation (then go for the other after). I think you should also put a point on Evil Sacrifice now though. It makes Invocation a lot more usable.

Yes. I think it’s +1 hit per spirit every 2 levels. Or something like that. Someone posted it somewhere

Seems to do so. I’ve read that increasing your AoE Defense ratio (hence making you a priority target) stops them from doing this though.

Thank guys for your prompt reply. Just have 1 more question.

Right now I’m trying to level up my frost cloud as much as I can. Which Warlock skills should I start to level up first? Dark Theurge?

PoA 1
DT 1
Invo 1
DT 2
DT 3
DT 4
DT 5
Evil Sacri 1
Invo 2
Invo 3
Invo 4
Invo 5