Tree of Savior Forum

Warlock fix is this a nerf or a buff

The hit count has been corrected = nerf

How many hits now then?

And subzero shield what was the chance before? Now tooltips say in simulator 60% @lvl 10

:frowning:

Where have you seen this?

Many people were complaining about it not delivering it’s hits or having a sort of self-ping. Maybe that’s what has been corrected and not a nerf.

Please post links or something and test it on your char if possible?

I was under the impression the hits was reduced to the number of spirits you have like in the example video for the skill when warlock was released. Haven’t tried it just the way i interpreted it.

Doesn’t look like what was said for real. Guess they would say something like will now hit as the previous set number of times or something like that.

Hope to get the link for this and someone to confirm it ingame.

edit-

This is how the skill worked at first, but back in January they had a patch that specifically made it scale with levels. So if they’re nerfing it back to not scaling and calling it “intended” it’s complete bs.

More over, right now Theurge seems to scale every 2 levels, not every level. It starts at 2 hits (per orb) and goes up every other level. I’ve been noticing that while leveling it (and testing with divine might as well) - level 4 is still 3 hits per orb, level 5 should be 4.

http://pastebin.com/i3Tg5wpR
24. Warlock’s Dark Theurge & Invocation have been altered so that the dark spheres vanish after hitting a target based upon skill level.

Yeah I really hope its not a nerf otherwise its gonna be a terrible skill

Have any warlock tested it inside the game? If some one can confirm how it is working it would be great.

Yes, i’m an Warlock. I’ve been testing it since i got the skill, it went like this:

Level 1 - 2 hits per spirit.
Level 2 - 2 hits per spirit.
Level 3 - 3 hits per spirit.
Level 4 - 3 hits per spirit.
Level 5 - 4 hits per spirit.

If it continues at this pace it’ll end up at 9 hits per spirit @ level 15, or 10 hits @ level 16 if you have divine might or a gem - this could all go to ■■■■ after tonight’s patch though.

The skill is also rather laggy/bugged - sometimes you stand right on top of the monster (as far as your client tells you) waiting for the hits to happen. The orbs probably have a really small hitbox prone to lag, it’s not as much of an issue against bosses - presumably because their own hitbox is huge.

Sometimes i also experience excessive loss of spirits - like doing 8 hits (level 5) and ending up with 1 spirit only. This could also be related to lag.

@meiohjp

I think it could also be related to monster’s size and AoE defense ration (which in bigger on bigger monsters).

Could you test this in the game? Also did you test these last patch notes? Did something really change?

Nah it’s not Aoe ratio related, the number of hits is consistent across monster types, i’ve tested on all types. For bosses you’re usually gonna get a constant stream of hits quickly depleting your spirits because of how big they are, against mobs though… There will be pauses after each spirit hits (which’s every 4 hits at level 5). Probably not an issue with a Linker if you can jump on a crowd of linked enemies (haven’t tested this part, i’m not a linker nor asked one to come along). I’d make some vids but the game just went down for maintenance, i’ll make some when it’s back if Theurge isn’t nerfed to ■■■■.

Monster size surely does affect things, because it makes their hitbox bigger so it’s easier to connect against lag.

Also about the patch notes OP posted, those are yet to happen. It’s happening right now with this maintenance, so we’ll find out in 6 hours.

They need to either increase the hitbox on the spirits or just make a constant hitbox around you (instead of each spirit). Otherwise the skill will always be janky against mobs :confused:

@meiohjp

Thanks a lot, hope to hear some replies on how it feels after the changes.

Will now hit only a set number of times as intended.

This word is whats worries me and making me think that they will make the skill hit only 1 time per spirit :sob:

Yeah me too but, if that’s the case then “as intended” is complete bs. It would be a plain nerf, not a bugfix. It’s intended to do more hits ever since jan 28th, so if they change it now it’s just a nerf.

One i’m sure korea wouldn’t get either :grin:

This would honestly put Wizards in a real pinch - you’d literally have no idea wether or not Warlock will be worth advancing into. It would surely not be worth it for Pole alone, so you’d be praying c2 and c3 bring some REALLY good skills.

Totally agrre with you, and im keeping my hopes up for it not being a nerf.
Waiting for your test since i didnt reach rank 7 yet hahah

No problem, if they don’t extend the maint i can probably test it as soon as it’s up - otherwise i’ll most likely just go to bed and test later tomorrow.

I hope they make it 1 hit / skill lv and insta explode upon contact :smiley:

Hopefuly it will be 1 hit/skillLv and really land those hits, pretty sure there won’t be an “explode upon contact” feature.

From the ONLY part of the correction, I think it could be talking about the times it does less hits than that.

I kind of hope its a nerf, so that I can make a case for having a different tier 7.