Tree of Savior Forum

Warlock changes broke class design and needs fixing

Hello there! …hope this actually does get to the team in charge of class development.

First off let me say that i understand the full concept of the Warlock class, i know how the spells work and how they are supposed to be used.

The recent changes to Invocation quite literally broke the class design, making some of the Warlock spell kit useless.
Pole of Agony and Dark Theurge ((Dark Surge?) Please make your minds on the name) are working fine.

The issue is with Invocation, Drain and Ghastly Trail.

So unless im mistaken the concept is something like this:

1. Cast Invocation.
  2. Use Pole of Agony and Dark Surge to kill monsters.
  3. Invocation Summons are triggered.
  4. Use Ghastly Trail to move Summons to finish off monsters or to move them to next pack.
  5. Use Drain to reset Dark Surge while empowering your basic attacks at the same time.

Perfect sense and good concept, makings of a fun class.
The issue is that after the change made to Invocation (evil spirits not generating new evil spirits), there is never any evil spirits left after a fight, even during the fight, if by chance a monster dies to an evil spirit then Drain and Ghastly Trail are rendered useless.

I have tried to make these spells work, but with the new changes they just dont, in any way.

I dont understand what brought about the need to change Invocation, surely it wasent because of “AFK” farming, the thought of a class design being broken for a petty reason like that would make me loose all faith in the development of this game.

What was so game breaking about Invocation?

Invocation is actually decent now to play with because those dark spirit can FINALLY kill something
(Mine was doing 3k hit before the patch and now over 12k/hit)
The reason it has been change is because people where using this skill to kill spawn monster (Dina bee/Demon Prison 2F etc)
Their was complain about people taking an entire map for themselves to grind some silver and well it got change.

The thing is … Ghastly Trail, Drain are still bad
Also Masterma is what actualy make warlock2 … Warlock 2 or the reason you go 2 Rank into warlock
(Phantom pain attribute is OP!!!)
Pole is decent but kinda small hard to place in a good group of mob.
Dark Turge is kinda bad.

Id really love to see Ghastly Trail and Drain be made more easy to use, because I feel like they and the whole dark spirits-
thing are neat concepts that just need better execution to make Warlock exciting to play with.

Ghastly Trail need to be a buff with a good duration that make your spirit follow you.
Insted of a short +500 damage chanel spell…
Drain … Well not sure what they even think we would use for ? It would be nice if it actualy trow a dark spirit in addition of your auto attack insted of replacing it with a dark version that don’t really do … anything.