Tree of Savior Forum

W3>Linker2>?>Warlock? Noob player looking for suggestions

Hi!

Started this game on EU server a few days ago. I looked for information about builds (There is a lot of classes and play styles) and i found that i want to play featherfoot until i saw warlock skills today.

I was about to play Wiz3>Linker2>Thau>Featherfoot…But after seeing warlock i though that i want to play it! (So cool!) Also i like Linker too so…i want to know if there is a viable Linker2/3>?>Warlock build or if its a crazy combo.

Im currently lvl 47 and Wiz3 full int.

Thanks! and sorry for my english!

No. Warlock is a class only for silver farming in Demon Prison 2. Nothing else to do in higher level content. Mobs have crazy mdef and dark resistance. If you want a good PvE build - go wiz1-pyro2-link2-thauma2-sage. This one is very strong with Agni necklace and good in some farming.
If your plan was to play some PvP, then better go cleric.

My wiz3-link3-wl2:

Also my wiz3-link3-wl2: 1 dmg / resist link lol
This is one of those builds that, if you CAN link mobs and you CAN damage mobs, it will evaporate them. But there are link-resistant mobs, there are high mdef mobs, and for damage I can’t help but feel that a featherfoot2 wins out (particularly because links boost poison dmg). But it’s not a bad build by any means and does well enough to cope in most situations.

May I know what is your level of Mastema and Attribute %?

So, Wizard3-link2-thau-wl2 will be competent then? I dont want to be useless on the later levels.

Actually the high link resist mobs are High AOE defense ratio. Accompanied with high mdef, and since the start of rank 8 mostly are resistive of links., whereas last time it was on maven that I encountered those nuo resist links.

@nightrain_scy At the time this clip was taken it was with mastema lvl 9 and attribute 70. This is a full con build. Though I have an ignition I would not recommend it and would instead recommend a superior corona or artie snake rod as a lead-up to your 315 of choice. Do note that recent changes in ktos double the number of mastema ticks in exchange for slowing them down…a LOT…to approximately the speed of flame ground.

@mustadio.pieldeorto One circle of thaum is usually put into featherfoot2 builds as a transpose + blood curse gimmick on full INT builds. I personally don’t like that gimmick to begin with, and if you’re going for warlock2, thaum1 doesn’t really fit your build at all except for a few really situational cases. Furthermore, your mobbing/grinding will be entirely reliant on links + aoes, while your single target and bossing somewhat lacks, meaning the 3 extra links will probably help you more.
Now that agny is out, truthfully my suggestion would be to go pyro instead of wiz3, but hey…in the end it is up to you!

Thanks for the feedback, yes I saw the 7k per hit actually kinda decent together with the ktos buff.

I’m actually having Wizard3Thaum3Warlock2, I was thinking whether I need to reset my skill to get Mastema.
Without linker, mastema would not work that great but good enough to kill bunch of monsters in 2-3 cycles for my slow solo questing.
But then, my plan was using Drain (still bugged!) and target to shoot up to 1million burst damage using x8 chapparitons card within 5s (maybe can realize with coming rank9), while using JP scroll as my tool to extent target numbers.

This build is rely on my linker-enchanter for joint penalty scroll in regular questing, but seldom use it in any party.
I have many linker wizards, include pyro-linker, linker-chrono-enchanter, linker-necro but they are all too convenient for my taste, especially I feel choke for MDEF and link resist in high level map that’s why I’ve been keeping this character.

*To overcome the mdef threshold, the foundation is that (yourMatk + yourSkillDmg) - targetMdef, with Pyro’s low skill damage you can only rely on high end equipment or thaumaturge’s buff to overcome the targetMdef (usually 2000-3000 for lv300+ maps)

Haha! I actually had a wiz3-thaum3-wl1-enchanter but I did the class reset on it. Well, idk but drain seems broken to do very little the last time I checked, but hey it sounds like a plan. gl!

Haha, It all done with calculation

High End Matk = 5500 (900INT=900Matk, Stage 6 Windia Rod with 2 lv7 Blue Gems = 2000Matk, Tri-Swelling=1100Matk, OthersEquipment = 500)
x8 Chapparitons Card = 5500x1.8 = 9900Matk in 5s
Lv10 Dark Theurge = 1984 * 30
Total Matk+SkillAtk = ~12000k

(QuickCast 50% + Dark Damage Attribute 10%) * (Skill Attribute 90%)
(12000 x 1.6 x 1.9) * 30 = 36480 * 30 = ~1.1m dmg

Not even consider Invocation 30% Buff, Rank9 with DT 45 hits, and highest equipment.
It was all theoretical, in practical it require some mastery to meet all conditions at once.

after changes - w3lin2rc1wl2 :slight_smile: