Tree of Savior Forum

Vote to Kick in Dungeons

I would like to suggest a system where someone in the party may start a vote to kick a player from a dungeon. 1 person just needs to start the vote to kick a party member, and a pop-up will appear in the corner of the screen for the others to vote yes/no to kick the reported party member. Add some limitations, like allowing only 1 kick per party and/or 1 report per player.

There are a lot of times where I join a dungeon and 1 or more players is following the party but standing aside to do nothing, while the rest of the party does all of the work. It’s unfair to the rest of the party that wishes to complete the dungeon quickly and efficiently. I’ve even tried to kindly ask them to contribute to the party, only to be ignored or even mocked.

I know many will say “but it can be abused.” While that may be true, think of how that would be set up: a majority of the party would have to vote for 1 person to be kicked. And while I believe there are people out there that would do that to 1 person just to be funny, they can be reported and dealt with if that ever happens.

An improvement would be to NOT kick, but just prevent them from queuing dungeons for a limited duration (3 days or a week perhaps?) after they got reported (while still inside the dungeon) by at least 3 times by other dungeon party members collectively — means that all 4 other members in the party reported the player each time; if only 3 reported, it’s not considered unless someone got DC’ed or party member count is less than 5.

People could be lagging so bad or just get DC’ed or desynced, and it’d be not right for others to just jump into conclusion that the member is AFK-ing and thus should be reported.

I always ask the leeches to contribute before making any conclusions. And I’m pretty certain that they’re not lagging, considering they can run along with the party and stand there in safety zone and move out of the way of mobs while everyone else kills things.

I think your idea of punishment is too harsh, and much more troublesome to fix if someone was reported out of malice. If someone is kicked for no reason, then that’s the end of that. There wouldn’t be a period where they lose dungeon runs while they submit a report for being kicked unfairly.

Nah, it’s the other way around.

Not everyone would be as patient as you to wait for an answer or to think positively of that AFK/non-helping player’s situation. They could be using a purchased exp tome; it could be their needed last run for the day; and so on.

I’ve been in a lot of situations where some players especially those who can carry would not wait for others to completely load into the dungeon making them miss some exp and silver. That’s how impatient and inconsiderate some “not-my-problem” players can be, and giving them the power to kick others (it’s fairly easy to get everyone else to agree with you) in an on-going run adds more to the problem than solve it.

Also, if someone got kicked, they could just join on the next queue and possibly get partied with you again.

Prevention is better than cure.

1 Like