Tree of Savior Forum

Vendor Stalls Please

Does the community want them? Are there any downsides?

Currently feeling like we reallllly need vendor stalls now that this combat update has drastically increased the number of HP potions everyone consumes. Back on RO there used to be a vendor stall outside every active dungeon and active grind area, selling a mountain of potions and consumables that were commonly bought.

I would like to see these come to tos now. I do not enjoy travelling back to town frequently to restock on potions, and I don’t think anyone else does. Their weight obviously makes it harder for us to carry too many of them too.

Would be nice to see them appear alongside removal or changes to the auction house for new players.

Thoughts?

1 Like

They should add in the ability to have 2 shops open while playing on a third character. I seriously don’t understand IMC’s reasoning with that mechanic. It’s like they want you to multi-account.

I actually disagree with that one. Too many shops will drastically reduce what people get from them. The limitation prevents over-saturation.

It’s nice that they allow the existing shops to be open while on a different char or offline. The limitation some other games use is to force people to keep the game open on their shop. Making it only viable to do while afk and keeping the game open. Limiting you to one. RO did that, and many new games still do.

1 Like

I would love to sell my wares via a vendor stall.

…

Is that an unused tos asset?

u could sell items from ur character inventory in cbt

you can buy pots in market already …so there no need for the vendor

those are buying stall rather than selling

Player CBT here. I use that feature to buy stuff.[quote=“Awoooo, post:1, topic:360992”]
Does the community want them? Are there any downsides?
[/quote]

RMT sellers can use this so IMC removed it for that reason. At some point I missed it but thinking how it will become an RMT cesspool method, I was glad they removed.

As long as there’s any trading method, there will always be RMT. Like right now, with the market. So I see no harm in allowing players to set up item shops like in RO. Or, for that matter, being able to trade directly with eachother with no trade restrictions. IMC just needs to set up a transaction log to view any and all transactions from any given player and also be automatically pinged when a player trades a large some of money so the moderators (or GMs) can review the transaction. All those accounts have personal information attached to them; IMC should be ready to deal with any legal issues, including adjusting the terms of service and the end users license agreement to allow them to conduct lawsuits (to pay for those mods and GMs tracking those transactions). I have a lot to say on this but I’d like to not stay too far off topic.

Having vendor stall tho…will be a mess
Even now its already a mess with crafting class shop, don’t want to see them increase more

1 Like

indeed, it will also put a lot of weight in the performance of the game…

people with their powerful compu cant notice…

but derps like me with our mutant keyboard-potato hybrids would receive a mortal blow

I never cared much for the whole stall/afk shop thing. I’d rather the market/auction wasn’t so primitive, empty and limited. Can’t check it and buy stuff from anywhere like Guild Wars 2 and have a limitless sell pit with things always in stock, or pick it up from mail from anywhere like Elder Scrolls and so on in majority of other games. I also can’t properly/easily search for things. Autofill hates long names and many things simply don’t show up. Not many filters either.
Korean games enjoy idle gameplay promoting afking far too much and I just wish they’d move on from that.

Also FYI if you setup a shop directly on a mercenary NPC or anywhere that causes interact to take priority over an NPC~~~ I will boycott your services. :slight_smile:

I’m not really seeing how people think this makes it any easier for RMT.

Vendor stalls are just as trackable in the database as the auction house, and direct trades already exist.

@merru

I know you can buy pots on the market already. That doesn’t change the fact that you have to travel away from the dungeon, away from the party, across the world, to get some pots, to travel back, and then run manually across 3 maps to get back.

Vendor stalls mean market stalls appearing alongside the buff and repait people inside HG320, so that everyone can get what they need where they need it. Through player driven activity.

If your concern is that they’ll be a mess in town, they could designate a market-stall zone for towns and disallow market stalls being opened unless inside the market area. Would that solve your concern about it getting too messy?

During CBT there was a stall, not to sell items, but you could open to buy items you needed, that was actually pretty good, dunno why they take it off, you could put a stall buying something that you think the market price is too high or that there is no one selling on the market, well, I know ppl would abuse newbies with those, but they did help. They could actually do both, a buy and a sell shop.

Buy and sell exist in a couple of games within the same vendor stalls. Most recently Revelation Online I think. It works well.

Things in stalls are almost always much much higher in price than the market. Definitely to take advantage of newer players, but it’s still a highly valuable thing that isn’t really complained about, and it doesn’t hurt the marketplace.

Maybe we could get something like this with the new jobs system that they’ve slightly hinted at.

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.