Tree of Savior Forum

Upgrade priority: Lucifer vs Ark?

This is absolutely not the case. The randomness in damage comes from a wide variety of sources on WBR, especially from runes and other mechanics which increase damage but have things which may prevent you from getting their full effect, particularly the boss’ unique mechanics which aren’t at set timed intervals.

Boruta operates the same as any other damage increase card–you can easily see the difference in damage on a boss with a monster type where another card exists (beasts, for example) and compare the damage difference between using a Boruta and, say, a Panto.

It’s extremely easy to blame the reason you don’t rank well on a singular item that you believe other people have and you don’t. A Boruta card is not going to add billions of damage unless you’re already doing many billions of damage (and probably not going to add that much anyway)–this means you actually have to have some base knowledge about how to do your rotation and understand what’s contributing to your damage.

I can tell you the drop rate is extremely low–people can see loot drops on things like Panto cards to see how bad the rate is. I think we’ve gotten 4 total cards in the 1.5 years since they changed the way cubes/Boruta loot works. I guess I’ll say we’ve averaged rank 2 for much of that time. For us to get that number of cards in that time explains their cost elegantly–if someone even has the audacity to sell one. On the other hand, they were in a Leticia’s cube once and the price came way down, so there’s that.

You could also join a guild with a leader you trust to not be a loser. But back to the topic at hand…

The increase in your damage when it comes to ark vs. accessories is going to come down to your current level of gear and what your current ark level is.

Punishment was a massive increase for me, effectively doubled my damage in WBR. This is over strength ark at level 5 at the time. However, I did my karas first because I’m running appraiser. If you already have karas, I’d argue that punishment is a bigger DPS increase than Luci but Luci is a very noticeable upgrade as well.

I would do punishment to level 7 or so, then Luci, then finish ark leveling.

6-7 is not randomness is huge increase for DPS , i dont think randomness can make that huge damage difference , do you think that top ranker is wrong about boruta card make them over 10b damage ?

Boruta Card is an additive damage increase. It’s a decent damage increase like any other card, but it is not the sole reason, by far, that people get large damage amounts. It works the same as the other damage legend cards, and is also weaker than them (Pantorex, Glacia, Skiaclipse, Tel Harsha, etc).

You mentioned the “double the damage” part.
I find it hard to believe because when I check the youtube video of someone with Retribution Ark, the dps meter only show around 14% of total damage done by Retribution Ark.

Or is there something I’m missing regarding to how dps meter works in wbr?

Yes, because I watched a bunch of people the other day knock out WBR runs both with and without cards. Some of their runs without the card went better than their runs that did. I’ll cite 2 examples: One run on a meta archer build doing 1.5b more damage wiithout using the card just due to the randomness of the encounter. And they’re in top 5 with not too much of a difference between the others among the same class/gear level. (edit cause I forgot the 2nd example: The other example was showing someone do about 775m more when using card/guild buffs, but they were on a wizard).

But here, because I’m a musketeer this is actually easy to show you with serenity because my attack is locked at my max attack–so no randomness at all on min/max attack.

A level 7 Boruta card is 35% damage increase to bosses, but its’ not final damage. Here’s what this looks like on an auto attack:

No Boruta Card (or any):

Level 7 Boruta Card:

This is with my gear on but no buffs, to the same boss (an album boss–which was unfortunately leather so slight buff to gun damage too). This ends up being about 22% of a damage increase.

Varies wildly by class and ark level, here’s a somewhat old parse of mine from right after I got my Luci:

I don’t mean for this to be deceptive either because you might look at this and be like oh my god the ark and accessory buff is almost the same damage, because they are close, but that’s just the nature of my build and probably not very optimal rotation/run on the mechanics for that given week (I’m admittedly not great at getting and staying in runes or overcharge because I prefer to play safe, and it hurts my DPS in super competitive play because this game heavily focuses on risk vs. reward style mechanics).

edit #2: this parse is also hilarious because snipe damage capped every time, which really shows why musket needs a rework vs. the bow bros and I don’t really know if arquebus is enough to fix it, IMC pls ;_;

I do heard Retribution works insanely well with the ART Tomahawk, to the degree that it almost seems like a bug now. It proc more often than other skills.

Btw that madness is x3 lucifer right? Because otherwise madness would have long cd if you only have half of it. (3 sec vs 1 sec) .
That’s literally double the cost of Ark XD.

Heck, Lucifer is the easy part, they need to make Karalene easier.

1 Like

“A Boruta card is not going to add billions of damage unless you’re already doing many billions of damage (and probably not going to add that much anyway)”

Definitely all taken into consideration. That’s why I specified (SWD Class)

Lvl 7 (35%) vs Lvl 10(50%) That’s a big difference 15% if you really want to min max.

Also for Fencer (there’s no such thing as rotation)

Yes. And yes, it’s in theory double the cost of accessories. When I made Kara, punishment didn’t exist yet on itos though, and thunder ark wasn’t great. Luci in theory is more of a cost of time, unless you can get the sole hunt vouchers reasonably.

As I explained, 35% isn’t actually 35%. I’m certainly not disputing that a level 10 Boruta card is going to give you higher DPS than a level 7, but we’re talking about comparing upgrade costs to actual damage increases. :stuck_out_tongue:

The amount of silver it takes to make a level 10 Boruta card is so astronomical, when the damage increase of ark and accessories almost certainly far exceeds the difference between a decently leveled Boruta (or relevant type card, moreso than Boruta even) vs. a level 10.

Ohh definitely! I’ve love to discuss more how to optimize damage. I’m at that stage where im stuck again ;(

Before I barely made damage to WBR since I didn’t research much … doing around 400m was already my best before … now I read some discussions and improved my best damage to 2-3b

I’m using Mergen/Ranger/Fletcher

What I improved on doing WBR helped a lot to increase my damage …

• Skill Rotation
  • Know which Skill to Burst when Retribution Procs
  • Cards for specific Boss ( I’m still confused if Bleeding card is much better than boss type card like mutant +30% damage )
  • Potions from Grace ( Upgraded to 100% Damage increase from Item NPC )
  • Enchant Rounds ( Orange Ones, noticed that it consumes the rounds even if I’m not attacking? is this normal? … the blue ones are okay )
  • Level 6 and up Arkstone ( Divine )
  • Level 3 and up Boruta Seal
  • Glacia Armors + Ichor Specific …( Some use Dahlia to get that 400% Increase against Overlord that only gives 120% ) Also depends on skill either burst or channeling
  • +16 to +21 and up Weapons
  • Full Attributes ( also +30 Enhanced )
  • Skill Gems
  • Buff from other sources ( Dunno if its true … Anyone knows what other buffs can you carry on WBR stage? from other players? XDD )
  • Most important is knowing the WBR boss mechanics … there are some buff mechanics that can help you add more damage to it ( which I miss since I’m always effects off )

I know I’m missing other stuff … for Rankers I bet they have their own prep on doing WBR …

1 Like

If the boss had no type, it would be better. Else, just use the specific card. Remember also that many of them are considered flying, so cards like grinender (or armor type cards for the ones who have no type and aren’t flying) go a long way too if you don’t like swapping constantly.

Guild tower buffs are the ones I can think of offhand. Most player buffs don’t but squire and pardoner buffs are good to have. Incense burner, etc.

Remember also that most new accessories add a lot of attack too. So while +21 is extremely daunting for some, a decent upgrade and transcend will help quite a bit here.

1 Like

Ranger-Appraiser-Mergen for Reference.
Kara Pyktis sucks imo, Luci Pyktis was a big powerspike that the madness (once triggered) also works with AA so you can AA with a following 10m damage after that

I forgot to screen where I did 11.5b on last week’s boss, but it’s pretty similar except that ARK was above homing

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.