Tree of Savior Forum

[Updated: March] Population count based on Adv Journal data

Do you really need to ask why it is important to have people playing an mmorpg?
Do you really need me to tell you that it’s the players that keep mmorpgs alive?

it is important to show this to the community

It has nothing to do with this.
It’s a wake up call for IMC. There are people who have been playing this game for 2 years and aren’t really happy about the current situation.
Then you have people like you who are just like “just quit if you don’t like it anymore” and you’ll be saying the same thing until you have no one to play with.

2 Likes

It’s not a wake up call for IMC if you’re posting random bullshit, trolling and laughing at it.

IF you want to make a wake up call for IMC, Pokart is actually a good example.

He shows unique players in the month, players that played a few days or mostly check market or only does Saalus, players more active and compare that through months.

That is a great feedback. Not your usual steamchart link URL that your trolls for some reason never post proper feedback comparing months, population increase, decrease and reasons on why that happens.

… actually when there’s green numbers there you never post about it, I wonder why, oh I know, you’re doomposting, you can’t show good results, it goes against your crusade to try to push players away, because you were probably banned or probably broke your weapon so you want everyone to stop playing after you ragequit :woman_shrugging:

And that’s where the troll’s fallacy shines. It’s so great to distort someone’s else word that you even convince someone making proper feedbacks to like your post, it makes sense doesn’t it?

Except that that has nothing to do with what the person originally said.

He’s not saying that to everyone, there’s a BIG context of 7 lines showing to who’s he’s saying that - and he’s saying that to you, the usual doomposter that currently has nothing to add to this discussion at all.

If all you somehow need to do on you free time is to try to push people away from the game with your doompost - yeah, stop playing, no one cares about you at all.

It also makes me wonder: are you that much jelly about people who are having fun?

Because that’s the only reason I can think of why you insist on doomposting so much.

They’re not asking why is it important to have people knowing the player count.

They’re asking why do you need to talk about it as if you were prophesying the end of world.

Here’s the key phrase:

And they’re not the only one. Everyone here is.

Everyone’s also tired of reading about the end of the world.

Doom posters are like this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_dates_predicted_for_apocalyptic_events

The game would have died many times just like the world would have ended, exploded, killed all living beings, hit by meteors and more. We’re still alive.

But why do people wish so much that the world ends or that the game dies?

Did you by chance was banned or something so you want the game to close altogether?

Because that’s actually common case here on forums with trolls that keeps insisting on saying it will die (I can even show examples if that’s needed).

It’s hard to deal with your own problems and consequences, but don’t push that into others :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

All this wall of text just to call me names and call me a troll for a harmless reply part of the ongoing discussion.

But yeah, just like sascha.rose1988 said, let’s “just close this topic”. That’s the way to go since we are all fed up with such doom and death posting.

2 Likes

Sorry but that’s not harmless. You’re distorting someone’s else post and that’s not fine.

And sorry 2 but I’m talking about sascha.rose1988 post. I’m not talking about everyone else in the forum.

What I’m talking about many people are: doomposters. And that’s it.

And what I’m talking about the doomposters?

That no one cares about you nor what you’re talking about. Only your own circle jerk that always trade likes and that only posts when someone else is also doomposting cares about each other.

So, please, keep that to yourselves, make a private group or something. Stop distorting people’s posts and derailing fine threads that has good feedback. Don’t stain good feedback trying to push your shitty doompost on it.

1 Like

You are the one derailing the thread with your pointless walls of text.
Work on your English maybe and try to understand what you are reading. Read and understand sascha.rose1988’s and my posts before sperging out.

The population will only drop in the future. Not even rank reset events will matter anymore if the game is still hard grind on top of layers of RNG. This is why PoE works and Diablo. Those games have grind but they don’t punish you with RNG.

Tos needs a major rework. For starters they should lower the level cap and make class exp the real grind.

Sorry but:

You have about the same post count as me. And the difference is: you started it.

I’m not the one derailing it if you’re the one who posted first, deal with it and stop at once :woman_shrugging:

I’m already working on my English, thanks. But if you care that much you’re welcome to teach me for free, I’d appreciate it. It would be a good addition to my current English classes.

And I did read and understand @sascha.rose1988 post that was way too clear:

And they’re pretty much right. It’s actually not important.

The thing is that only a few people are doomposting around… and I already talked about that.

@lanierchang get your doomposting circle jerk and take that somewhere else and GTFO, thanks.

Let the good feedback like the original post stay, don’t try to stain it - they’re the type that matters. Your shitty usual doompost isn’t even 1% as good as Pokart’s post was and you never compare anything, you just want to throw numbers around at random without even understanding them.

And with this I’ll finish my posts here since I don’t want you to stain the thread anymore, I’ll just flag your next posts as spam and hope you GTFO with your doompost circle jerk. Have a nice day.

Let the adults talk. Don’t interrupt. Read and understand.
If sascha.rose1988 wants to reply to me and address my post (my actual post, the thing it says, the content) then he’ll do so

1 Like

Like I said: Only doomposters/troll circle jerk supports each other.

You just came back from your ban:

I don’t care about doomposters/troll circle jerk and you should stop trolling and doomposting at once before you get a permanent ban for constantly breaking all forum rules.

EDIT about next post:
Good quality bait, but like I said, I’m just going to flag you and lanierchang as spam. I don’t want you both trolling on good feedback threads :woman_shrugging:

Tos needs a major rework. For starters they should lower the level cap and make class exp the real grind.

How is this gonna change anything ? You’ll eventually reach max lvl, then what’s left ? Nothing, it’ll be just the same as how it is now. If anything you’ll just get less stats and probably die more often.

What ToS needs isn’t lowering the lvl cap, but actual content (and no, RNG stats on every gear isn’t content, it’s just a stupid system), it also needs to get better engine-wise, it’s too easy to lose FPS while playing, especially during Field / World Bosses, and it’ll be even worse if GvG becomes a thing (wich is also what ToS needs, but if they implement it now it won’t be good).

1 Like

I didn’t stalk you to get that screenshot.

You deliberately made an account named LunarFagRabbit to doompost here, got caught and banned after trying to harass me because you dislike me.

Talk more about who’s crazy or offended enough to make alt accounts like that.

I’m obviously going to save screenshots in case you start trolling again, so people know what you were doing :woman_shrugging:

I said the game needs a rework meaning not just what I mentioned needs to be changed. Loot also needs to change like how it is in other dungeon crawler games. That’s why those games are replayable. They could also add seasons with a hardcore mode but this is just off the top of my head.

Loots in general should be different, for sure : some items are ridiculously hard to get imo, even if it’s the point of most MMOs.

And, well, it just wouldn’t work if more people joined the game, let’s be realistic for a bit : some items you have to be really lucky to get, since some of them are 0.X% drops on 3 monsters every 5 minutes.
Like, so far : it’s “alright”, because there aren’t too many people farming most of them, so you get more kills (more chances for the drop), but once there’ll be 30+ people farming for these ? It won’t be good. At all.

Dungeons definitly needs to be changed too, while the new system (seeing wich dungeon drops what, the result screen etc) was nice, the big silver nerf totally killed dungeons in general. There wasn’t much point in doing them, and now, there isn’t any (no, i don’t consider a 1 / 20 chance to get an actual good equip to be a good enough reason to farm these, especially when you’ll farm lower lvl dungeons and get no silver from it).

Anyway, i’m sure we could keep going with what needs to be changed, but i’m not sure if it’d be appropriate to talk about this in this topic, there’s tons of other topics (a new one even) about what people think should be changed.

Well if you look at the month on February population compared to the lowest it’s ever been Nov '17 you’ll see that the numbers are close. The game just got rank 9 and rebalance and the population is as low as it’s lowest point ever.

My objective here isn’t to tell people the game’s dying, because that wouldn’t be the truth. if there’s room for improvement, the game has a chance to increase its playerbase. iTOS will complete 2 years at the end of this month without any advertising and I hope that someday IMC will feel confident in what the game has to offer to start advertising it on Steam. The players who really care about this game are the ones constantly giving positive or negative feedback because they wish for TOS to succeed.

Btw, the numbers I brought here also show how important their decision to merge the regional servers is. NA server will have more than 10k players and the SEA server will have 7k players. That will fix a mistake they did in the beginning of the game. Having multiple regional servers always lead to a merge later.

5 Likes

Hi, english teacher here

This post is directed to the entire thread basically, including the OP:

He’s wondering:

And he gets a reply:

Then he tries to predict the next reply:

To which he gets this reply:

And finally, to his:

He gets the following reply:

So basically, just a normal conversation on a forum in a thread talking about player count and the state of the game in general.

Just stop baiting the troll rabbit. They stalk every thread you reply in. #Facts

Because that’s influenced by the amount of doompost we have :woman_shrugging:

I wouldn’t doubt Pokart’s post get confused as someone trying to doompost when they’re making good feedback.

Whose fault is that? I don’t even need to say right?

Pokart good feedback gets seen as something bad just because troll circle jerk posting steamcharts without any other info.

And that’s what you trolls do to good and valuable feedback: You destroy it. The only purpose of your spam is to have fun on “Tree of Forums”. Use private messages for that :woman_shrugging:

And the reply lanierchang sent distorts the meaning of sascha.rose1988 question.

And they’re not predicting replies, they’re saying their opinions:

Which I completely agree - it’s about doomposts.

Except that lanierchang distorted their post meaning and you cut someone’s post as always to do the same :woman_shrugging: - at least this time you didn’t edit their quote. lol

Since I’m already making a post…

Yeah, stalk me, complain about me. Give me more attention benofficiale, make an alt account to worship me again.

Maybe you get a permanent ban this time :3

Now back on previous message: Please, stop derailing this thread. The entire troll circle came '-'
I’m out, I’ll just flag from now on o/

This is in my opinion is even a worse reason. It’s quite funny actually.

Does someone really assume that they aren’t aware of their population and the changes to it? That’s just ridiculous.

Don’t get me wrong feedback is always good even regarding this topic. (Like providing reasoning and opinions for such decrease, like done in the opening.)

@Goldie

Yeah I guess that was a bit confusing with the platform. At least they informed about it with official announcements and were prepared.

Also yeah I was talking about the one with netherbovine as last boss. It did have some annoying stuff yeah and would have been nice if masters did a bit more. In general a lot of events need a bit more polish/small changes to make it more interesting or just simply better. But having those few good ideas I have hope there will be more good events.
Tbh the start of the year has been a bit lame after last years good events and now we get events that are not worth doing. D:

2 Likes

I never had thought that my post could get so many quotes in such small amount of time and tbh i doesnt wanted to post again here because everything is said but i feel to say a few things more.

The basic idea behind Pokart may be a good idea - maybe not, because it only takes like 3 more post till the 1st “game die” shows up. (even if this one is an exception)
I doesnt want it to be closed because i dont like the idea of posting charts and numbers or because some ppl care about how healthy the playerbase is.

• its just because its a feast for trolls.
    This post already is ending like many other good post.
    I already played a lot of MMOs and i never seen an as toxic community as we have here.

Fun fact - i know games where the playerbase is complaining that bugs and balances are not done and thats always new content coming - at least it was so in ARK: Survival Evolved.(u may see some links between those 2 games?)

IMC now decided to first remove the mess they did in the past and made a near whole game rework. The TOS we playing now has nothing to do with the TOS after the launch i know that
everybody that where there know that this is the truth. (like the fedimian mess lol P.S. iam playing on fedimian)

TBH i think they never expected that many players to begin with - Even Diablo 3 servers werent abel to access for days untill they fixed the server issues.

Its true - the game needs a good advertisement, good and epic music themes and much more but this is not our decision to make.
U just have to see the ragnarok mobile trailer or the old ragnarok advertisement in TV years ago, to get a feeling what i mean.

And one more thing - iam not defending imc or ToS, iam not a white knight im just serios.
People are never satisfied with what they get, that is sad but true.
No one except the staff (maybe), know what imc is planning and why they do things like they do.
We can complain, we can doom, we could accept but the difference between what you are doing now and what should be done is the way its done.
As long as we lacerate each other nothing will change, if u want a change then u have to stand together as a community, forcing them to do what you want - without beeing violent or unfriendly. The problem here are the players itself.
Its the same with goldsellers and imcs gachas too - as long as ur buying them they will remain. if theres no reason (iE cash) to have it, it would dissapear on its own.

I could bet that someone will try to turn my word in the mouth to interpret or suggest things i dont have said.

4 Likes