Tree of Savior Forum

[Update: Strawpoll] IMC, please create a cap for TP token refunds before Tuesday

I think it should just be for people who actually spent tp on tokens… i actually lose out if they do it this way though. I have 12 tokens, but didnt spent tp on any of them…

Even so, it would probably be a worse idea to change thier minds and go back on what they already said. There will be a huge backlash.

That’s another point as well I forgot to mention. Instead of having analyze X amount of tokens in each players’ inventory and giving them TP by X tokens, they should go with the purchase record from the TP shop for which players actually spent TP. Then they can just refund those players.

It would be better to do it with a limit though, as like you said there would be a backlash if they take back their words. It won’t be as much of a backlash if they say that they ‘worded it incorrectly’ and just limit the TP refund.

1 Like

Tokens can’t be reselled after you bought it from market as far as i know.

Yea that’s why no point having cap. Those who sell their token won’t get the compensation anyway since they gave up their token for silver.

4 Likes

I thought they could resell them. Well if they can’t, then that’s one less worry. But the fact that those with tons of tokens can still gain lots of TP by just owning them bothers me. They’ll probably just spend it all on enchant scrolls which is a big investment in itself but pays off pretty well.

Edit: Nevermind lol =/

inb4 players get 1k+ free TP for buying tokens from the market for silver lol

well that should be less worry. Enchant scroll isn’t 100% useful anyway. RNG god is present :joy::joy::joy:

inb4 players get 1k+ free TP for buying tokens from the market for silver lol

That’s exactly what shouldn’t be happening. XD

1 Like

lol I agree.

Especially because of this loophole specifically:

Player buys 10x tokens from Market. Player uses those 10x tokens.

Player now has 10 months of token benefits tied to his account.

Or Player holds on to those 10 tokens and uses them only after maintenance

Player is awarded 990 TP at maintenance for having those tokens on his account.

New TP cost per token is 99 TP. Player buys 10x tokens from the TP shop with his 990 TP.

Player takes those 10x tokens he just purchased with his free TP and places those on the market now.

End result? Player has 10 free months of token benefits (from the 10 he purchased on market earlier) and breaks even or makes a profit in silver from the 10 tokens he purchased with his free TP and listed back on the market after maintenance.

@STAFF_Ines could comment on this loophole etc?

Edit: Thank you @Adeodatus it’s late and I was quick to type it out lol Although the sarcasm isn’t needed =P

Still no way to buy TP in any way so why refunding? Only helps the non-banned botters. I won’t get cash backs when prices drop in shops in real life either, if I buy sth. early.

So the thing IMC has to do now is: ban as many bot accounts as possible before refunding those TP, so that they can’t use the refunded TP to sell new tokens after maintainance and gain free silver to sell on their websites for cash…

Btw, 99x10 is not 999, it’s 990. If you multiply something with 10, you just have to add a 0 at the end of the number [99 -> 990]. I thought they told such basic mathematics in grade or early high school (year 4-6)…

Whoops I’ll edit that out. Sorry I just got home from work and I’m really tired. XD

Yes they could buy more token to sell on market. But they got the first token wit real cash or silver. And those token cannt be resell. That’s why there is compensation coming this way. Anyway if u feeling unfair or u could get 10 free token/TP. U could do the same.

1 Like

lol don’t worry I did the same lol And I have a very math intensive thread here in the forums lol def pretty late =P

Yeah they can’t be sold once they’ve been purchased from market, true. But you just use those tokens for the free month(s) of benefits, and then when you get your free TP from maintenance, you can buy new tokens with that TP and then those new tokens can be sold. So it’s 100% free token benefits via that loophole lol

so let me get this straight

someone with 20 tokens for example, uses all of them:
gets 20x99TP = 1980 TP
20x7 days extention= 140 day extention
still keep 600 days token

and 20x 350k = 7m silver

IMC plz no plzplzplzplz no

Pretty much that in a nutshell, yeah =/ Unless they consider a cap as per this thread. Basically the player who has 10-20m+ silver can spend it all on tokens (or already has), stack a metric ton of benefit duration, then turn around and buy new tokens and sell them back at the price they bought them for and come out in the end with the same silver they had to begin with (or even more than they spent, making a profit in silver as well lol) except they’ll also have all that duration on their account for free lol.

I thought that 7 day extension was once per account. Will it really be given for every token?

im not sure about buying new tokens. because the tokens become untradeable.
the bad part is getting the 99tp from silver, or to the players that hoarded the silver in the beginning and bought all the tokens for 350k in AH

This is exactly it. And what’s worse is the people who actually bought the tokens at 198 TP aren’t getting this compensation. From how IMC worded it, those who own tokens reap all of the benefits and the entire point of their post is basically null. Why would you reward the person for owning a token when they didn’t even buy it with their own TP? I mean, sure some people who legit bought the token with TP will be rewarded but this whole scheme IMC came up with feels like a super lazy way of going about it.

Don’t this cry and because you had sold tokens and go to earn? The compensation?